160913 Radical Sabbatical Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

160913 Radical Sabbatical Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

Dear all,

We've posted our next podcast, covering the Belgium and Italian Grands Prix.

We cover Jenson's announcement and use this as a springboard to cover history's greatest McLaren sabbaticals. We talk Liberty Media's takeover of F1, and remember Saint Jerome, the Bookworm.

We also spend some time plugging Thomas de Bock's articles on Johnny Claes, and Jake's Minardi article. Great work!

Trust you enjoy it... If you have any ideas for segments, let us know. We're thinking a mailbag might be a nice addition.

Listen/download through iTunes, or get the RSS link for your podcast listening software of choice at Spreaker via Downforce Radio.

Cheers,
Jamie
Rob Dylan

Re: 160913 Radical Sabbatical Edition

Post by Rob Dylan »

My favourite podcast so far, guys! The constant sabbatical references had me laughing for ages, and the D'Ambrosio section had me thinking that these reserve drivers do a really good job for the massive lack of track time they get before they're thrown in the car for the race weekend. On occasions like Monza 2012 I really hope for these reserve drivers to do well, because it gives them a chance of being looked at by teams, and with the world championship potential of a driver like Jerome, it's just a shame he never got resigned.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!