BTCC Season Launch meet-up

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dr-baker

BTCC Season Launch meet-up

Post by dr-baker »

BTCC's annual pre-season media day and test day will be at Donington Park on Thursday 16th March 2017. Is anybody prepared to bunk a day off work/uni/school/etc. to attend this? (I am not sure about myself, but may still be prepared to organise this for others if they so wish).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Re: BTCC Season Launch meet-up

Post by dinizintheoven »

Can't say for certain until I know what I'm doing in March.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I've got holiday I need to use up so I'd be interested.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It doesn't look like that there's much interest for this, and it looks unlikely that I will be able to attend, so I think that this may be a lost cause for now...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

No worries! Maybe we should have a stickied thread where people can mention events that they are going to if they would like to meet up with people. Seems difficult to co-ordinate specific outings as forum members (done it a few times but they are a rarity) and it can lead to disappointment and frustration. It might be a bit better to just mention if you are going to something and are happy for people to tag along, plus having a sticky will stop it from getting buried in this sub-forum over time.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:No worries! Maybe we should have a stickied thread where people can mention events that they are going to if they would like to meet up with people. Seems difficult to co-ordinate specific outings as forum members (done it a few times but they are a rarity) and it can lead to disappointment and frustration. It might be a bit better to just mention if you are going to something and are happy for people to tag along, plus having a sticky will stop it from getting buried in this sub-forum over time.

Or maybe just try to organise a social in SW London instead? What do you reckon Watka? ;) :D
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:No worries! Maybe we should have a stickied thread where people can mention events that they are going to if they would like to meet up with people. Seems difficult to co-ordinate specific outings as forum members (done it a few times but they are a rarity) and it can lead to disappointment and frustration. It might be a bit better to just mention if you are going to something and are happy for people to tag along, plus having a sticky will stop it from getting buried in this sub-forum over time.

Or maybe just try to organise a social in SW London instead? What do you reckon Watka? ;) :D

True dat, we've got no excuses, we're in the same borough. :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Or maybe just try to organise a social in SW London instead? What do you reckon Watka? ;) :D

True dat, we've got no excuses, we're in the same borough. :D

Well, pretty much. I study in the borough, but am renting in Cobham and am driving in every day, but currently on placement for 4 weeks in Epsom... But certainly all neighbouring boroughs!
MCard LOLA