RejectWatch 2017

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
tommykl

RejectWatch 2017

Post by tommykl »

Hello there, good people of Grand Prix Rejects. I have written a thing.

You probably already know that our favourite Formula One drivers don't retire from motorsport as soon as they leave F1, but do you know precisely what all these drivers are doing now?

Wonder no more.

From Formula E to the World Endurance Championship, via Stock Car Brasil and Global Rallycross, find out what your favourite reject driver is getting up to this year in RejectWatch 2017.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dinizintheoven

Re: RejectWatch 2017

Post by dinizintheoven »

Proper job!

It's far more comprehensive than I'd ever have managed - though if I'd done the job I'd have mentioned Pierre-Henri Raphanel in the last paragraph. Quite a few supercar and hypercar manufacturers employ ex-F1 drivers as their official test pilots - Gabriele Tarquini is one, though I can never remember which one... and Andrea Montermini has certainly been involved in the business, but PHR has the biggest and the best job of them all - official test driver for Bugatti. He was the one who coached James May on the day that he drove the Veyron Super Sport at its maximum speed.

Not bad for someone who only ever made it into one race at the slowest circuit of them all in an underpowered pile of yellow junk.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Bleu

Re: RejectWatch 2017

Post by Bleu »

Taki Inoue was mentioned before the Formula Renault 2.0 race in BT Sport.

And the reason was that Jean Ragnotti was in the picture.