NEW PROFILE: Leslie Marr

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
tommykl

NEW PROFILE: Leslie Marr

Post by tommykl »

Name the Formla 1 drivers who have a "Sir" in front of their name.

Stirling Moss, Jack Brabham and Jackie Stewart, right? Well, you missed one name: Leslie Marr. So why have you likely not heard of him?

This is cheating, admittedly. Leslie Marr was a minor aristocrat, a baronet, allowed to use the title 'Sir' from birth, but not 'Lord'. Officially, he ranks ahead of the likes of Sirs Stirling, Jack and Jackie.

All quibbles about titles aside, Leslie was more famous for his work as an artist.

Find out more here!
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
CoopsII

Re: NEW PROFILE: Leslie Marr

Post by CoopsII »

Fascinating. And I'd never heard of Mask Of Dust either so I fully intend to track a copy down because....

...it looks like my kind of film!
Just For One Day...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

You know something? This might just be the best profile I've seen on this site by far. Incredibly well researched and in depth, written in an entertaining fashion, all the while making me just love this guy for his exploits on and off track.

That side venture into scientific documentaries is a bit odd, though. Who knows -- if he continued to pursue that role, we'd have Leslie Marr instead of David Attenborough voicing over Birds of Paradise and whatnot...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

After reading that I have an image of Leslie Marr sitting in his bookshop, reaching for a bottle of wine from the freezer, which he smashes against a bookshelf and licks like a lolly. As for the painting: self-portraits, anger, pain, fear, aggression...

I like the sound of that road race around Dunedin (that he didn't). They've probably tarmaced the road by now. Bah.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"