The saga of touchy-feely team-mates

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ataxia
Not Important

The saga of touchy-feely team-mates

Post by Ataxia »

It's been a short while since we had any new content, and that's largely because I burned through the summer stash more quickly than I thought. Lesson learned, won't happen again.

But, we've got something fun and semi-topical in two ways. Firstly, it's a riff on the Perez-Ocon inability to race without touching. Secondly (and serendipitously, I hasten to add), it links to the news that Didier Calmels of Larrousse fame is returning to motorsport to back Tristan Gommendy's 2018 Indy 500 entry.

With me so far? Okay, good. So, here's an article about a pair of Larrousse drivers.

Have fun.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Re: The saga of touchy-feely team-mates

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ataxia wrote:Have fun.

I did.

It's amazing how little of the 1992 season I remember, other than "oh, there goes Nigel Mansell powering off into the distance again", Michael Schumacher's first win, and the amazing feat that was Roberto Moreno hauling the Andrea Moda onto the grid at Monaco. This was a helpful reminder what was going on elsewhere than right at the front and right at the back.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Enjoyed this a bunch!

Never thought of Larrousse as anything other than bland, so you've added some excitement for me!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

Nice feature. Thank you.

watka wrote:Enjoyed this a bunch!

Never thought of Larrousse as anything other than bland, so you've added some excitement for me!

Larrousse would be a candidate for the most average, middling, team in recent F1 history so "bland" is a correct term to describe them. Neither good nor bad, they are so boring that I don't think many people even remember them. Aside from Aguri Suzuki's podium the team never achieved anything notable.
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Have fun.

I did.

It's amazing how little of the 1992 season I remember, other than "oh, there goes Nigel Mansell powering off into the distance again", Michael Schumacher's first win, and the amazing feat that was Roberto Moreno hauling the Andrea Moda onto the grid at Monaco. This was a helpful reminder what was going on elsewhere than right at the front and right at the back.

'92 is a pretty poor season it must be said. The highlights were Schumacher's first win, Alboreto and DeCesaris, and Senna V. Mansell at Monaco. The FW14B+Mansell was just too much for anybody to handle.
girry

Post by girry »

Larrousse's incredibly colourful and distinctive livery schemes alone are enough to outright refute any suggestion implying the team was somehow boring.

Not to mention that AGURI SUZUKI drove for them.
when you're dead people start listening
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Man, some people say that red and white Kroenburg car looked awful...

In my eyes, it's one of the best liveries ever in Formula One.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!