My Profile with Andre

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ataxia
Not Important

My Profile with Andre

Post by Ataxia »

heyooo

For those of who enjoy profiles of people who are far too good to be Rejects, but due to the inauspicious nature of their F1 appearance(s) they invariably are, this might be for you. An Andre Lotterer profile.

I hope it's a fun read, and serves to remind you just how much his talents were wasted in that Caterham.

Thank you!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: My Profile with Andre

Post by watka »

On it straight away.

Yet another great profile! Shame he never got a proper chance, understandable why he turned down further drives. Perhaps the most talented driver to only ever have one race in F1.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I guess he fits in the category of sportscar legends like Derek Bell (even though he had more races than just one in F1)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I would say that, at least by the time André got to drive the CT05 it wasn't quite as "aesthetically challenged" as its original xenomorph-inspired incarnation. Clearly when Kamui Kobayashi first turned up at the factory, saw the car and said "wow, very conservative!" they hadn't bolted the nose on yet.

And talking of Kamui, he's just become the first driver of the fixed-numbers era to lose his number to another driver, who I'd assume will be around a lot longer - and I'd suspect Max Chilton will be next on that list.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 »

On a minor note, Lotterer is the first driver to start a GP in car 45, discounting the Indy 500-only entries of course!