Ken Richardson, a WaffleCat profile

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ataxia
Not Important

Ken Richardson, a WaffleCat profile

Post by Ataxia »

Ladies and gents,

Thanks to the sterling work of WaffleCat, we have a brand new driver profile on Ken Richardson! It's great to have a new contributor on board, especially after his epic Reddit posts, and hopefully we'll see more from him!

Check it out here: https://gprejects.com/centrale/drivers/ken-richardson

Thanks!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Re: Ken Richardson, a WaffleCat profile

Post by dinizintheoven »

WaffleCat wrote:So, he asked Ken Richardson to point the car down the arrow-straight stretch of highway in Jabbeke, Belgium and absolutely throttle it. Richardson complied, and the power was something to be believed. As evidenced in this film, Richardson and his Triumph trashed the speed record for cars under 2000cc with a mind blowing 124.88 mph in speed trim.

Said arrow-straight stretch of highway is one I know very well from my many excursions onto the continent - all the way past Bruges and Gent it goes without so much as the slightest bend before Aalst ruins everything. At least in 1953 there was no such thing as speed cameras to trouble Ken The Mechanic!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Just want to say thanks to everyone that helped get this up here, especially Ataxia.

I hope the rest of y'all enjoy this piece, had lots and lots of fun writing and editing this all together, I'll see if I can do a few more things for this site in the near future.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I very much enjoyed reading this - thank you for all the effort put into it!