Six of the Best: Rejects at the Daytona 500

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hello everyone

The 2018 motorsport season kicks up a gear this weekend with the 60th running of the Daytona 500, NASCAR's blue riband event. We've decided to celebrate this anniversary by taking a look at some familiar F1 Rejects tackling the fearsome superspeedway.

Our globetrotting former site editor Ataxia has kindly compiled this brilliant article, which you can read right here today!

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
WaffleCat

Re: Six of the Best: Rejects at the Daytona 500

Post by WaffleCat »

Ataxia wrote:Adapting to the rigours of Formula 1 was certainly easier Said than done.

I know you have other reasons for leaving your role as GPRejects editor, but this pun is probably the main reason why.

You couldn't bring yourself to release such a horrible yet brilliant pun for the world to see. You fled from the role of editor just so that pun wouldn't get published under your command. Is that true, Ataxia?

I joke, I joke, obviously. Well written article, Ataxia. Cheating a bit with that last driver, but I guess it's okay to count him in given his legendary status.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

WaffleCat wrote:Cheating a bit with that last driver, but I guess it's okay to count him in given his legendary status.

A. J. Foyt did appear on the 1967 Belgian Grand Prix entry list for Anglo American Racers, probably due to him making a rare trip to Europe to do Le Mans the week before.

Unfortunately, Gurney couldn't provide a third car (or a second, to be driven by McLaren) and Foyt was racing in Langhorne that weekend anyway...
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

WaffleCat wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Adapting to the rigours of Formula 1 was certainly easier Said than done.

I know you have other reasons for leaving your role as GPRejects editor, but this pun is probably the main reason why.

You couldn't bring yourself to release such a horrible yet brilliant pun for the world to see. You fled from the role of editor just so that pun wouldn't get published under your command. Is that true, Ataxia?

Thanks all!

I've had to remove my name from it just to be sure that FOM won't start asking questions, rather than through any sense of pun-fueled shame. ;)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...