The 2019 Mid-Season GP Rejects Podcast!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Rob Dylan

The 2019 Mid-Season GP Rejects Podcast!

Post by Rob Dylan »

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z7bhb7Tj60
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-643859647/gprejects-2019-mid-season-podcast-tnappmsbsprpfisf1-15rsmspsbre

Are you ready... for TNAPPMSBSPRPFISF1-1.5RSMSPSBRE? No, neither am I.

The Northern Anglo pre-post-mid-season-break Sport-Pesa-Racing-Point-Force-India-Sahara Formula 1 to 1.5 Racing Sport Mid Season Podcast sponsored by Rich Energy™©®
Brought to you by Rob Dylan and You-Gee-Eee-Day!

Like in December, I thought it would be nice to do a podcast, and so have enlisted my good buddy You-Gee-Eee-Day to do a frank and sarcastic discussion about what we have experienced in the 2019 season so far. We also talk about the refreshing taste of Rich Energy™. Quickly before Belgium comes our way, we will give our opinions on the best and worst of 2019 as of the mid-season, as well as a few extra features we're passionate about.

And as before, we're also taking questions and suggestions! Please post below here, or send me or You-Gee-Eee-Day a PM, or even message us in the Mibbit chat, if you have any questions you'd like us to answer, or things to discuss.

Our podcast should be recorded on Saturday the 24th of August, so post up your questions for us to answer by then. We hope you enjoy it :)
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Re: The 2019 Mid-Season GP Rejects Podcast!

Post by dr-baker »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0319882828

Here, ibsey and I discussed alternative lyrics to a David Bowie song, based on a Tom Walkinshaw incident in 1994. This came about as a result of the book that he wrote and which was published earlier this year. Maybe you guys want an attempt at singing this song, just as Jamie and Enoch used to?

And if you are keeping 1/8 of an eye on other series, a discussion of the first ever W Series could be interesting?

Or alternatively, you could revive a feature from the 2011 off-season Rejects podcast, where each contributor take opposing sides of a short debate for one minute, based upon the Martin Brundle/Murray Walker interaction, "that's a pretty short debate, Murray!" https://www.gprejects.com/forum/viewtop ... 27#p126882
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

dr-baker wrote:Or alternatively, you could revive a feature from the 2011 off-season Rejects podcast, where each contributor take opposing sides of a short debate for one minute, based upon the Martin Brundle/Murray Walker interaction, "that's a pretty short debate, Murray!" https://www.gprejects.com/forum/viewtop ... 27#p126882

I really like this idea. :pantano:
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

All right, I'll bite: what profiles do you want to see written for the site at some stage in the future?

(Or any kind of general articles for Centrale, for that matter, such as the one I almost wrote about the three 2010-entry teams and whether or not they were always doomed to their fate...)
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

dinizintheoven wrote:All right, I'll bite: what profiles do you want to see written for the site at some stage in the future?

(Or any kind of general articles for Centrale, for that matter, such as the one I almost wrote about the three 2010-entry teams and whether or not they were always doomed to their fate...)

Any of the more recent rejects perhaps (Jolyon Palmer, Esteban Gutierrez, Charles Pic, Giedo Van der Garde, Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton, Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi, Sakon Yamamoto), take your pick from one!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Any of the more recent rejects perhaps (Jolyon Palmer, Esteban Gutierrez, Charles Pic, Giedo Van der Garde, Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton, Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi, Sakon Yamamoto), take your pick from one!

According to the rules of The Old Site, Jules Bianchi was awarded an honorary unrejectification.

But Justin Wilson wasn't, and there's been a sort-of-profile in a post on this section of the forum that was never made into a proper profile...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I have been a lacklustre when it comes to profile-making. I spoke for a long time about doing Pérez 2013, and recently about doing a van der Garde profile, but after doing some basic research have lost the motivation. But I enjoy doing little podcasts like this, so might stick to what I'm good at and what I enjoy.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I've had one profile waiting in the wings that has been finished for a long time (Tecno), but never got round to asking anyone on helping to upload to the site (probs my bad on that...). However, I've got another writing job on offer plus my university work in the wings, so future profile work from me may be few and far between.

I have had interests in doing Vern Schuppan, probably the only driver to finish a race he didn't qualify for, or a more recent driver (Albers mayyyybe???), but I really need to find the time for it...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Hey folks this is me requesting you to post whatever you want to ask, feel free to ask the sillyest, most uncomfortable and awkward questions possible for the podcast because if you don't ask them I'll post a bunch seconds before we start recording just so Rob has to answer them but don't tell Rob I said this <3
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

You-Gee-Eee-Day wrote:Hey folks this is me requesting you to post whatever you want to ask, feel free to ask the sillyest, most uncomfortable and awkward questions possible for the podcast because if you don't ask them I'll post a bunch seconds before we start recording just so Rob has to answer them but don't tell Rob I said this <3

The sillyiest, most uncomfortable and awkward questions, eh? OK, so which series has the most attractive drivers: IndyCar, F1, or W Series?

And a few rounds of Bed, Wed, Behead:
- F1, IndyCar, W Series
-BTCC, DTM, NASCAR
-A1GP, Superleague Formula, W Series
-Simtek, Pacific, Forti
-Virgin Manor, Lotus Caterham, Campos HRT
-Maria Teresa de Filipis, Lella Lombardi, Giovanna Amati
-Al Pease, Yuji Ide, Riccardo Rossett
-Phil Hill, Graham Hill, Damon Hill
-Korean Grand Prix, Indian Grand Prix, European Grand Prix at Valencia
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The podcast has been uploaded! Check the top of the thread.

Ok doke, I got this uploaded as quick as I could, and here you go! 1h and 10m of GP Rejects Podcast! Enjoy, people. As I say in the description, this has been done by You-Gee-Eee-Day and I with more emphasis on passion and interest than any knowledge or talent herein, though I'm speaking more about myself than my honourable friend. I sincerely hope you enjoy this, and we plan to record a second part where we go through more reject-specific features, when both of us have the time together to do that. But expect it sooner rather than later :)

Please write any feedback and commentary below, and as before, if you have any ideas for things we can talk about in the next recording, just let us know! Thanks.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Genius musical interlude. Loved it
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Can it be downloadable via iTunes/Apple's podcast app please?
MCard LOLA