New Article - The Best 2010 Team

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

New Article - The Best 2010 Team

Post by Londoner »

Hello everyone

In these strange times under lockdown, we can bring a little cheer by announcing the end of the GPR article drought. Incredible it may seem, it's been a whole decade since three new teams joined the Formula One grid. In our little parc ferme of the internet we took these teams to our hearts, willed them forward and mourned their loss as one by one they closed down. But there's one pressing question which demands an answer: which of HRT, Lotus/Caterham and Virgin/Marussia was the best "new team"?

In a relaunch of our Gravel Trap section, our very own Klon has studied the stats and results, and come to a controversial conclusion, fitting for Grand Prix Rejects. Read all about it from here!

The Best 2010 Team
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New Article - The Best 2010 Team

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

An interesting take, I like this article!

HRT certainly had some areas they did well in, since all of these driver testimonies couldn't all just be kissing HRT's feet (Ricciardo in particular; he was going to get a Toro Rosso seat one way or the other) If only they had a bigger budget, or raced 10 years earlier they have had a better time.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Great article, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I also maintain that the 2012 HRT car is the most beautiful car of the 2010s decade. Change my mind.

Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Great article. Anyone remember the legal battle Tony Fernandes had to use the Lotus name?

Always confused me why he used the "Lotus Team" name in 2010 & 2011, but then changed it for 2012.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:
Always confused me why he used the "Lotus Team" name in 2010 & 2011, but then changed it for 2012.

Wasn't it something along the lines of Team Enstone wanting to use the name instead? Or whoever had the rights to the name wanted Team Enstone to have the name?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA