Driver Profile: Bruno Senna

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Good evening folks :)

We thought it was high time to wheel out another GPR driver profile, and this time we've plumped for a modern Reject. He spent his F1 career driving for Williams, Lotus...and HRT, but even the last of those illustrious teams couldn't get him out of the shadow of his uncle. That's right, it's finally time for Bruno Senna Lalli to take centre stage on GPR.

Rob Dylan has constructed a taut and focussed profile of Bruno's time in motorsport - including his cameo appearances in Sky's knock-off version of Top Gear - which can be read right here today!

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Rob Dylan

Re: Driver Profile: Bruno Senna

Post by Rob Dylan »

Londoner wrote:Good evening folks :)

We thought it was high time to wheel out another GPR driver profile, and this time we've plumped for a modern Reject. He spent his F1 career driving for Williams, Lotus...and HRT, but even the last of those illustrious teams couldn't get him out of the shadow of his uncle. That's right, it's finally time for Bruno Senna Lalli to take centre stage on GPR.

Rob Dylan has constructed a taut and focussed profile of Bruno's time in motorsport - including his cameo appearances in Sky's knock-off version of Top Gear - which can be read right here today!

Every opportunity to mention Sky's knock-off Top Gear and you'll find a way :D

Hope everyone here enjoys reading it! If you have any titbits of information yourselves that you want to share, let me know. I'm also keen for constructive criticism. I aim to write many more profiles where this came from, so any way of improving I will gladly attempt!

Take care all and enjoy the read :)
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Good article, as always!

Nice to see that some drivers can start later in their careers and find some success. I would call reaching F1 at all a success, even if it was mediocre in performance.

Perhaps that's an article idea, seeing "late bloomer" drivers in F1 and elsewhere find success?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Good article, as always!

Nice to see that some drivers can start later in their careers and find some success. I would call reaching F1 at all a success, even if it was mediocre in performance.

Perhaps that's an article idea, seeing "late bloomer" drivers in F1 and elsewhere find success?

Ooh, that's indeed a good idea for an article! :)

I'd especially love to know how many of these "late bloomers" stopped looking back at their mediocre F1 performances with disappointment after finally finding success in other series. Bernd Schneider comes to mind, seeing how he turned himself into a touring car legend with his DTM outings. I wonder what he has to say about his time in F1, if you'd ask him now, because I remember him being quite salty back in the day when Schumi made his big debut at Spa in the Jordan.
Francophone

Post by Francophone »

That would be fascinating to see also , especially as in the modern era having drivers come into F1 late and then doing well seems nigh-on impossible - the most famous example being Damon Hill who was in his thirties when he started out for Brabham.

If I'm not mistaken I can only think of Andre Lotterer for Caterham who came into F1 on the back of considerable Le Mans success late on - and even he didn't last too long.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Really enjoyed that article - thanks.
Appreciate the analysis compared to team- mates ; very interesting . And of course that background of not having the kind of teenage experience of much of his competition.
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Something totally different for you all today :shock: One of our users, Matty, has started to use our YouTube platform as a springboard for some new video content. So, to start off with he's worked on making an audio version of our Bruno Senna profile. Narrated by yours truly and edited by Matty, have an audio-visual version of the history of one of our more recent rejects.

You can watch Part 1 here.

Enjoy, and as always we welcome feedback for the next video :oops:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!