The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
by dr-baker 01 Oct 2017, 14:22
East Londoner wrote:Also, it's great to see Murray Walker again. For a man pushing 94 years of age, he looks in fantastic health. :D

Totally agreed. Really happy to see him on TV and even getting involved with drawing the balls for the reversed-grid race

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
by East Londoner 01 Oct 2017, 16:34
Well, bathplug. :facepalm:

Congratulations to Ash Sutton, as much as I utterly dislike Team BMR he has driven brilliantly this season. Let's hope Rob Austin can bag the last race victory of the year.

Ataxia wrote:Ali Dia was not one of the black trains, that's absurdly racist Kevin


WaffleCat wrote: Let's just say, I could probably last longer in bed than Haas in Interlagos.
by dr-baker 01 Oct 2017, 16:46
East Londoner wrote:Well, bathplug. :facepalm:

Congratulations to Ash Sutton, as much as I utterly dislike Team BMR he has driven brilliantly this season.

I share these sentiments. And Sutton did it without help from Plato, so credit to Sutton.

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
by Barbazza 06 Oct 2017, 15:31
Finally got round to watching it. I left it so long as I pretty much knew what would happen. As soon as Turks went out in the 3rd race I switched it off.

Nothing to celebrate here - I don't think Sutton is a good driver particularly, and Oz Bernie got exactly what he wanted, so good for him.
by Ataxia 09 Oct 2017, 18:16
Barbazza wrote:I don't think Sutton is a good driver particularly


Shame that, personally I think he's pretty - to borrow the motorsporting superlative of choice - mega. I mean, he was 3rd in his first Formula Ford season, and then won his debut Clio Cup season. The way he's led BMR this year at such a "young" age is pretty commendable too; he's a good lad.

Thanks WEICHAI POWER

kevinbotz on Carmen Jorda wrote:The FIA have institutionalized the gender segregation within motorsports, and eviscerated the credibility of the new series by appointing a human boat anchor as its representative.
by Samster 09 Oct 2017, 18:30
Ataxia wrote:
Barbazza wrote:I don't think Sutton is a good driver particularly


Shame that, personally I think he's pretty - to borrow the motorsporting superlative of choice - mega. I mean, he was 3rd in his first Formula Ford season, and then won his debut Clio Cup season. The way he's led BMR this year at such a "young" age is pretty commendable too; he's a good lad.


What ever anyone thinks of BMR, Sutton is certainly the best young driver of the recent generation and there is alot of competition for that. Winning Clio Cup in his first season was a big sign considering that series tends to reward the more experienced drivers. Comparatively speaking Ant Whorton-Eales took five seasons to win that championship the following season and even Cook took three attempts to win. Everyone was raving about Cook after his rookie season in BTCC only for Sutton to upstage him last season as his teammate. Everything about his career so far makes him look like a prodigy.

by East Londoner 09 Oct 2017, 18:46
Also, you have to take into account Sutton had an almost career-ending road accident in 2011. To come back from two and a half years on the shelf to achieve what he's done in F4, Clios and now touring cars is pretty bloody spectacular.

Ataxia wrote:Ali Dia was not one of the black trains, that's absurdly racist Kevin


WaffleCat wrote: Let's just say, I could probably last longer in bed than Haas in Interlagos.
by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 13 Oct 2017, 13:58
Waris wrote:So if DTM and Super GT had indeed merged, presumably that would've blurred the line between sportscars and touring cars a bit. What would that new series have been called, a touring car or a GT championship?
And I remember reading somewhere that there were also plans for DTM to work together with NASCAR. I don't know what exactly they had in mind, but that would also blur the line between touring cars and stock cars (not that that has ever been very clear to me in the first place). :O


Say, wonder what happened to that US version of DTM?
by andrew 14 Oct 2017, 22:31
Eurosport. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
During WTCC qualifying they go for an ad break in the middle of q2, luckily we didn’t miss any laps. However they really then take the piss when in MAC3 at the start of Hondas run they go for another ad break, during this Tarquini made a mistake gifting the win to Volvo, and to make matters worse they didn’t have a replay. Somebody should get sacked,

Also I was catching up on the TCR series from China. The Hyundai is serisouly over powered ,that thing was a rocket in race 1. In race 2, Huff breaks the suspension on Kajaia, then hits Morbidelli and then hits the Audi (just clearly driving into the back of him) and yet is able to keep victory...
by Barbazza 15 Oct 2017, 15:09
andrew wrote:Eurosport. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
During WTCC qualifying they go for an ad break in the middle of q2, luckily we didn’t miss any laps. However they really then take the piss when in MAC3 at the start of Hondas run they go for another ad break, during this Tarquini made a mistake gifting the win to Volvo, and to make matters worse they didn’t have a replay. Somebody should get sacked,


I completely forgot to record WTCC, but it looks like I didn't much actual racing. TBH I'm getting a bit bored of it now anyway - Haven's big fat gob doesn't help matters.
by dr-baker 18 Oct 2017, 17:13
Samster wrote:BTCC to actually do something different from the norm next season! Snetterton Race 3 will be double distance with double points.
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/special ... niversary/

Should be interesting. Although, what happens about tyre situation? Everyone will surely use harder compound for that race? Daft to use softs then.

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 26 Oct 2017, 17:36
dr-baker wrote:
Samster wrote:BTCC to actually do something different from the norm next season! Snetterton Race 3 will be double distance with double points.
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/special ... niversary/

Should be interesting. Although, what happens about tyre situation? Everyone will surely use harder compound for that race? Daft to use softs then.


Plus the reverse grid will now apply to the Top 12 finishers from Race 2.
by Samster 16 Nov 2017, 19:36
Having been chewed up and spat out by Supercars, Alex Rullo is going to test for PMR. Well I'd rather have him than say having Alex Martin back at least.
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/power-m ... btcc-test/

Also Sam Tordoff has been lurking back in the paddock again having tested for both AmD and PMR recently.

by RealRacingRoots 23 Nov 2017, 06:05
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 wrote:
Waris wrote:So if DTM and Super GT had indeed merged, presumably that would've blurred the line between sportscars and touring cars a bit. What would that new series have been called, a touring car or a GT championship?
And I remember reading somewhere that there were also plans for DTM to work together with NASCAR. I don't know what exactly they had in mind, but that would also blur the line between touring cars and stock cars (not that that has ever been very clear to me in the first place). :O


Say, wonder what happened to that US version of DTM?


It's never gonna happen. A pipe dream and nothing more.

Would rather get punched out in May than Knocked out in October.
Just adding "gate" to another word seems kind of dumb.
.
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
.
GT Super Series
by Klon 07 Dec 2017, 21:50

Ataxia on F1 2017™ wrote:[F]or me it's this: you do endless practice sessions to get points to get lost in a web of development, as well as race classic cars ... it's essentially Luca Badoer Simulator

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests