The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
by F1 Livery Histories 13 Jan 2018, 05:01
Hello everyone. I'd like to share with you a new youtube channel called "F1 Livery Histories" which catalogues the different paint jobs, colour schemes & sponsors adopted by different Formula One teams over the years.

The first video in the series is on the very team that started it all, Colin Chapman's original Team Lotus.

F1 Livery Histories: LOTUS

^ Here is the link to the first episode. Hope you will enjoy :-)
Last edited by F1 Livery Histories on 21 Jan 2018, 02:15, edited 2 times in total.
by WaffleCat 13 Jan 2018, 14:44
Good job on the video, especially with the editing, something I find most F1 YouTube content to lack.

Also, your link was kinda off in your post, so I fixed it. Here's the link to the video.

Just remember to use the following format next time you post links here:

Code: Select all
[url=your_url_here.com]Text here[/url]

My friend kept a fish for 5 days before it died. She then kept a mouse that she thought was a hamster, kept it in paper bags that it just kept eating through, and THAT died after a week.

NEVER let my friend own a pet.

My Random Racing League
by dinizintheoven 13 Jan 2018, 16:29
Great job. You're amongst major geeks here, so if you need any assistance in not missing one-offs (e.g. McLaren's Löwenbräu sponsorship in 1980 or Ligier's Gitanes "art car" of late 1993), one of us is bound to mention it.

Maybe you could do another Lotus video with all the private entries at some stage in the future?

James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
by F1 Livery Histories 14 Jan 2018, 09:49
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it!

And many more thanks for the advice on how to post video links correctly, I've fixed the link in the OP.

I definitely appreciate the fact I am amongst F1 geeks here on GP rejects. I have a lot of respect for this forum & consider the posting quality on here to be nothing short of excellent. I have long visited this site & have enjoyed not only the forum content, but also the the articles found here, ever since the site was called F1 rejects. I certainly hope anyone who stumbles along this video series on GP rejects enjoys it, as I am having fun making these videos.

Yeah, I was kind of fortunate that Team Lotus didn't have all that many one-off liveries, which made the research a little easier. Some other teams, Tyrrell for example (video coming soon), required a lot more research due to a constant fluctuation of sponsors.

Taking a look at Lotus cars entered by privateers over the years sounds like a great idea too.
by dinizintheoven 13 Apr 2018, 18:07
I've just been catching up on these - and surely Jordan will be in the pipeline at some stage...

Incidentally, the link to the Stewart video is broken, so here's where you should go instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayQBOqYGPs

James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"