Self-Isolation Viewing

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Barbazza

Self-Isolation Viewing

Post by Barbazza »

In the absence of live motorsport, what are we watching at the moment?

Aside from F1TV, which still has a disappointingly low number of pre-2000s races in full, I've been building up a little library of DVD content, including the 'Lauda' film, a charity shop purchase of a History of the BTCC + Best Races double set (this one is in a thin case, possibly was given away with a magazine or something?) and best of all, something I never previously knew existed until I spotted it on the Music Magpie website.

I am now the proud owner of the 2007/8 A1GP Season Review, and it doesn't get much more rejectful than that!
dr-baker

Re: Self-Isolation Viewing

Post by dr-baker »

Barbazza wrote:I am now the proud owner of the 2007/8 A1GP Season Review, and it doesn't get much more rejectful than that!

That's brilliant! I'm going to have to look out for that.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

That's easy, Grand Prix 2.

Saying that here reminds me of that series I did for a bit... having so much more experience now I would do a much better job. But yeah, video games.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Some fella on YouTube has been uploading races for a while. Mostly from the mid-2000s, a few of the single lap qualifying sessions too.

As great as the current format is, I appreciate the single lap format, you got a whole lap with every driver, and the onboard of the Minardis of Bruni and HWNSNBM trying to simply keep their cars on the road.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Finally, I can reveal how I've been spending my time... and it's not F1-related, but is very topical.

Eleven days to program, seventeen more days for the host to review...

Corona Capers, for the ZX Spectrum (128K models).

There it is - the maximum extent of my programming ability in one neat package that we're all hoping will be as out of date as A-line flares with pockets in the knees as soon as possible. Not for the professionally offended, mind.

Also, there has been some viewing of sorts - that all-new Red Dwarf sort-of-film, and most of series 12. I say we lock Corona-chan in a dark room with Arnold J. Rimmer and a slide projector full of pictures of 20th Century telegraph poles.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"