The reject youtube thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The reject youtube thread

Post by FullMetalJack »

Simtek wrote:Pedro de la Rosa jumps into a river.

I remember reading about it ages ago and never being able to find a video :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing this, I always wanted to see this for myself.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Two Boss GP guys make a right Maldonado of their pride and joys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3YO9UDidbc
Just For One Day...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Shame there was no outside view of that - where did that Benetton come from? It looked like he was at fault.

A real shame to trash that car. As for the Panoz....nah, no-one cares, do they??
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Barbazza wrote:Shame there was no outside view of that - where did that Benetton come from? It looked like he was at fault.

A real shame to trash that car. As for the Panoz....nah, no-one cares, do they??

At 0:35, there's just a little bit of that Benetton's nose coming into the shot. I'm debating whether the Panoz squeezed the Benetton to the grass once the Benetton got alongside, or the Benetton driver was a bit too optimistic in trying to overtake on the straight.

I'm leaning towards saying that the Panoz is at fault for failing to leave sufficient space for the Benetton after they got side-by-side. At the point where the Benetton's nose comes into the shot, that's when the Panoz appears to make a serious attempt to cover the left side of the track, which is a no-no. Once that Benetton got his nose alongside the Panoz's rear wheels, the Benetton earned the right to the space, which the Panoz didn't leave and actually instead squeezed out.

Hopefully I didn't miss something that clearly points to the Benetton being at fault...

Of course that was an utterly boneheaded accident. Now we got two old race cars that might never see the track again. :facepalm:
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

lance_rambert wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Shame there was no outside view of that - where did that Benetton come from? It looked like he was at fault.

Now we got two old race cars that might never see the track again. :facepalm:

the Benetton was completely totaled, quite a shame, and remarkable how much the car disintegrated within full view of the camera
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

The front wing in that Benetton is quite different. Looks like a... 1994 Pacific front wing!
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Dj_bereta wrote:The front wing in that Benetton is quite different. Looks like a... 1994 Pacific front wing!

For all we know, it may have been a Pacific that the owner painted as a Benetton to hide the shame...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

WaffleCat wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:The front wing in that Benetton is quite different. Looks like a... 1994 Pacific front wing!

For all we know, it may have been a Pacific that the owner painted as a Benetton to not make everyone else jealous...

Fixed
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

WaffleCat wrote:

For all we know, it may have been a Pacific that the owner painted as a Benetton to hide the shame...

Watka is quite right in his/her edit but I would suggest that the idea of a Pacific overtaking the Panoz is optimistic at best :D

(I'm sure Watka is a he but I'm erring on the side of not offending someone)
Just For One Day...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

CoopsII wrote:(I'm sure Watka is a he but I'm erring on the side of not offending someone)

I'm not going to confirm either way but I what I will say is that I'm in this photo:

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

watka wrote:
CoopsII wrote:(I'm sure Watka is a he but I'm erring on the side of not offending someone)

I'm not going to confirm either way but I what I will say is that I'm in this photo:

So you're the kid with the sunhat to the right??

:P
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

watka wrote:I'm not going to confirm either way but I what I will say is that I'm in this photo:

Fine specimens all. I was 99% sure you were a geezer, there are hardly any chicks on here anyhow. Dr Baker has scared them all away.

Is that Warwick Davies bottom right?
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:

Having met Watka, I can confirm she is the one holding the umbrella in the peach top! ;) (Not really, but...)

CoopsII wrote:there are hardly any chicks on here anyhow. Dr Baker has scared them all away.

I only wanted A mate! Honest guv'nor...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

watka wrote:

So you are the '11 Lotus painted in '13 Caterham colors, nice...
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
watka wrote:

So you are the '11 Lotus painted in '13 Caterham colors, nice...

Careful now, don't want to venture into Tumblr territory...
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Maybe we should have a Face Amnesty and make our Avatars a picture of ourselves for a short period of time? Help us all know just what we're dealing with - I mean, put faces to names?

<begins searching for old photo of self to scan>
Just For One Day...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

CoopsII wrote:Maybe we should have a Face Amnesty and make our Avatars a picture of ourselves for a short period of time? Help us all know just what we're dealing with - I mean, put faces to names?

<begins searching for old photo of self to scan>

Excellent idea. Mainly because I won't need to change mine.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

I'm not going to dictate whether you folks should laugh at this or not, but the safety standards at this track look absolutely appalling. Also, keep the volume down at the video's halfway point because the radio stuff is annoying, especially when it starts getting "censored" when two idiots have their own demolition derby. Those marshals at the infield... *shudders*

I'd personally consider this rejectful not in a humorous way, but more of a :facepalm:-type. This crap apparently happens a lot at this track too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5AO08i4sFg
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Brilliant feature on old Top Gear covering the Pacific team's formation in late 93/early 94!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLWkuFnODGI
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Formula 4 almost had a Piquet-Salazar moment last weekend.

https://youtu.be/y8gs95ZSlLU
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Henrique wrote:Formula 4 almost had a Piquet-Salazar moment last weekend.
https://youtu.be/y8gs95ZSlLU

The Red Bull website reports the incident:
"A wise man once said: when the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table."

That wise man's name was Edmund Blackadder (the Third) - as reported by Baldrick, though I had it in my head that it was Arnold Judas Rimmer.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

A tire from an ARCA race actually completes a lap. :pantano:
https://youtu.be/2k1lqSKzdgc
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

At the moment I'm going through the BTCC 2011 Season Review DVD.

Somehow I had completely forgotten that Andy Neate's ££££££ had bought him a decent seat that season with the AON Ford team. I did have a vague recollection of this prime piece of idiocy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7GnbKE52ss
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

Let me just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cAsouky1Nc
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Oriol Servia attempts to enter low earth orbit, Laguna Seca 2001.

Actually, the whole of that Laguna Seca race is worth watching if you've got a couple of hours spare. It's one of the biggest shitshows you'll ever see, on and off the track. I'm fairly certain this was the weekend that nailed CART's coffin shut.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

The Chicane wrote:Let me just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cAsouky1Nc

Sato's always been a great team player.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

East Londoner wrote:Oriol Servia attempts to enter low earth orbit, Laguna Seca 2001.

Actually, the whole of that Laguna Seca race is worth watching if you've got a couple of hours spare. It's one of the biggest shitshows you'll ever see, on and off the track. I'm fairly certain this was the weekend that nailed CART's coffin shut.

That is.....an unusual accident. An example of why having sand everywhere on the run-off areas is not a great idea.

Given that the race was being lead by Max Papis with Memo Gidley second (wasn't he always rubbish?) I may well give this a view at some point!
andrew

Post by andrew »

https://youtu.be/Sw6-O-d7Utk
I agree with Matt Neal to an extent in this video as Plato is being overly aggressive, however surely the worst piece of dirty driving is the swipe Howell takes at the other Seat at 0:27
Samster

Post by Samster »

andrew wrote:https://youtu.be/Sw6-O-d7Utk
I agree with Matt Neal to an extent in this video as Plato is being overly aggressive, however surely the worst piece of dirty driving is the swipe Howell takes at the other Seat at 0:27

God 2005 is easily the worst BTCC season in the modern era. Low car counts and awful driving standards even by BTCC standards across the whole season. :facepalm:
andrew

Post by andrew »

Samster wrote:
andrew wrote:https://youtu.be/Sw6-O-d7Utk

God 2005 is easily the worst BTCC season in the modern era. Low car counts and awful driving standards even by BTCC standards across the whole season. :facepalm:

Indeed, Gareth Howell came 12th in the championship despite only taking part in 3 meetings. And having 3 retirements.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Came across some Football reject gold today.

Ever heard of 'The Other Final'? It was an international match held on the same day as the 2002 WC Final between the two lowest ranked teams at the time, Bhutan and Montserrat. It was hosted by Bhutan at their rather unique National Stadium in Thimphu. A documentary was made about the lead up and the match itself. The whole film is worth a watch but if you want to skip straight to the match it starts around 55:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSQyW5ItTfw

It even features a dog invading the pitch. :D Shame this didn't become an annual thing.

Also here is highlights of Australia's massacre of American Samoa during 2002 WC qualifying with some scathing voice over, this coming before Australia moved to the AFC from the far weaker OFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wg9ox9F7Vw
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Samster wrote:Came across some Football reject gold today.

Ever heard of 'The Other Final'? It was an international match held on the same day as the 2002 WC Final between the two lowest ranked teams at the time, Bhutan and Montserrat. It was hosted by Bhutan at their rather unique National Stadium in Thimphu. A documentary was made about the lead up and the match itself. The whole film is worth a watch but if you want to skip straight to the match it starts around 55:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSQyW5ItTfw

It even features a dog invading the pitch. :D Shame this didn't become an annual thing.

Also here is highlights of Australia's massacre of American Samoa during 2002 WC qualifying with some scathing voice over, this coming before Australia moved to the AFC from the far weaker OFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wg9ox9F7Vw

I don't think annual thing would be good but quadrennial definitely would be good. To have suitable preparation, I counted from the end of 2017 backwards which teams have gone longest without a win or draw. And this year we would have had all-Caribbean match-up with Bahamas and Anguilla. Bahamas had slightly shorter losing streak in time, so I would give them home advantage.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Here's an interesting look into the backstory of a specific F1 reject as explained by the man himself, Brett Lunger.
https://vimeo.com/120202992
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

In today's thrilling piece of thread necromancy: some urbexers have a look round the factory in Leafield, as once used by Arrows, Super Aguri and Caterham.

People called Faustus should probably not watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKRVIUwPgDM
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

This video is super interesting, I watched it whilst at Silverstone last year I think. The narration was sub-par according to memory, but otherwise interesting video stuff at least.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dinizintheoven wrote:In today's thrilling piece of thread necromancy: some urbexers have a look round the factory in Leafield, as once used by Arrows, Super Aguri and Caterham.

There are a few of these videos on YouTube exploring the factory. Basically anything that had any worth or wasn't nailed down was sold and / or nicked.
The reception area is quite different to the way it was laid out during the Arrows and Super Aguri occupation. I never went back into the factory after the summer of 2006.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Faustus wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:In today's thrilling piece of thread necromancy: some urbexers have a look round the factory in Leafield, as once used by Arrows, Super Aguri and Caterham.

There are a few of these videos on YouTube exploring the factory. Basically anything that had any worth or wasn't nailed down was sold and / or nicked.
The reception area is quite different to the way it was laid out during the Arrows and Super Aguri occupation. I never went back into the factory after the summer of 2006.

This reminds me just how much formula one facilities are often passed around to different teams, like the Simtek building still in use today by Haas.

Are there any other F1 team facilities that aren't being used and were left abandoned, for F1, motorsport, or otherwise?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Guys, I probably found the most rejectful moment in Alex Yoong's illustrious career. And it's not in F1.

Behold, the crowning glory of his racing career.