The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing threa

Post by Wallio »

Honestly, Dillion did want any driver would do at a plate track, when they get blocked. It happened literally seconds after I told the wife "Senior would dump him here." I know loads of people hate Dillion cause he's a rich kid, and lord knows I'm no fan of his, but this was awesome. Best plate race in years (not that that is saying much.)

The REAL punk move was Hamlin running Wallace into the wall (replays show him steering into Bubba well before his tire goes down). Then double punk move going after Wallace in the garage. When the massive freaking james hunt that is KEVIN HARVICK says you're a punk and need to shut up, you know you crossed some lines.

Also, the media buried the fireworks regarding Danica ans SHR. Danica claims that the team never supported her, and Tony fired back that the team was actually rebuilt and partly hand picked by her. The same team, (minus the driver) that was leading on the last lap of the 500. Very interesting indeed.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I don't hate Dillon cause he's rich. I hate him because he acts and drives like a whiny child. I still remember how he went and put Cole Custer in the wall in an Xfinity race last year for what was a racing incident. And I don't give a damn if Jim Clark would've done it, wrecking a guy at 190+ mph is something I will never accept.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:I don't hate Dillon cause he's rich. I hate him because he acts and drives like a whiny child. I still remember how he went and put Cole Custer in the wall in an Xfinity race last year for what was a racing incident. And I don't give a damn if Jim Clark would've done it, wrecking a guy at 190+ mph is something I will never accept.

I wasn't saying you personally, but "you" as in fans at large. I don't really like him, but I liked the move. Its the only real way to win at a plate track sadly., unless they bring the pairs racing back.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:I don't hate Dillon cause he's rich. I hate him because he acts and drives like a whiny child. I still remember how he went and put Cole Custer in the wall in an Xfinity race last year for what was a racing incident. And I don't give a damn if Jim Clark would've done it, wrecking a guy at 190+ mph is something I will never accept.

I wasn't saying you personally, but "you" as in fans at large. I don't really like him, but I liked the move. Its the only real way to win at a plate track sadly., unless they bring the pairs racing back.

I know that wasn't directed at me personally, I just felt like explaining why I don't like the guy.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Fair enough.

Haulers arrived in Atlanta yesterday. One of the few mile and a halfs that interest me. Hopefully the new aero works there too.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As of last night, Shigeaki Hattori is officially a winner in NASCAR.

Yes, it's as a team owner, but still, it's amazing to say finally. Here's hoping Brett Moffitt can go on to make a good bid for the title! :D
Everything's great.
Samster

Post by Samster »

So Harvick goes from a hatrick of wins to pulling a Danica attempting to rough up Larson only to wreck himself instead. :lol:
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Samster wrote:So Harvick goes from a hatrick of wins to pulling a Danica attempting to rough up Larson only to wreck himself instead. :lol:

As someone who utterly cannot stand Harvick, and simply cannot fathom why he is so popular, I loved it. Shame its really a three car season this year between Mr. Delana, Kyle, and Turex.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

An epic bump required, because 20 year old Justin Haley is a NASCAR Cup winner in just his third start, driving for a backmarker scrub team! :chilton:

Granted, this came about after Austin Dillon and Cun...sorry Clint Bowyer wrecked practically the entire field with some utterly moronic driving up front and before the race could go green again another thunderstorm moved into the Daytona area, meaning we get this wonderful result. :dance:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

East Londoner wrote:An epic bump required, because 20 year old Justin Haley is a NASCAR Cup winner in just his third start, driving for a backmarker scrub team! :chilton:

Granted, this came about after Austin Dillon and Cun...sorry Clint Bowyer wrecked practically the entire field with some utterly moronic driving up front and before the race could go green again another thunderstorm moved into the Daytona area, meaning we get this wonderful result. :dance:

I think it was very unfair for Kurt Busch and everyone else who pitted right before the first lightning struck. Especially #1 team lost a win there just because NASCAR told them the race would resume - just to call it off half a lap later. I don't know what the rules of NASCAR are but IMO it would have been just to take the results from the lap before.

It's a nice story but I would have rather seen a result that at least somewhat resembled the race events.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Everyone was aware of the track conditions. It was the teams' decision to pit with 1 lap until green. NASCAR had to call it off because of the lightning strike. And if they couldn't get going again, then it's kudos to Haley and his team for rolling the dice when no one else in front of them did.

As a Busch fan myself, I would've definitely preferred it if he won, but they were racing until the rain hit anyway. Pitting was always going to be a risk, and it's no one else's fault that they took it.

Also, I believe this is the least amount of Cup starts until a driver won their first race since Jamie McMurray in 2002, when he was subbing for the injured Sterling Marlin.
Everything's great.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Prayers for Ryan Newman right now.
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

golic_2004 wrote:Prayers for Ryan Newman right now.

Autosport reports that injuries are serious but not life-threatening.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

And even better news now: he is “awake and speaking”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/n ... g/4687668/
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Good news everyone! Reject extraordinaire Tarso Marques is to be a NASCAR racer this year!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing thread

Post by Wallio »

Not sure if anyone on here saw Ross Chastain's insane video game move this week at Martinsville. Due to NASCAR's stupid points "playoffs", Ross needed to gain two spots to make the next "round" and actually be able to race for a championship. However, there was no one really near him, so he does what any rational person does: hold the throttle wide open in 5th gear (when everyone had only been using 1-4 during the race), slams into the fence and wall rides around to gain three spots and move on.

He set the fastest lap of the race with a lap that not only was over a WHOLE SECOND quicker than pole, but reset the overall track record by nearly a tenth. Best part is, it screwed the eternal James Hunt that is Dennis Hamlin out of a title shot. Chastain then said that he used to do it all the time as a kid in NASCAR 2005 (which I have said for years was the last good NASCAR game) for the Gamcube! Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yNc5EasW8

Har1MAS1415

Re: The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing thread

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Hope the NASCAR Garage 56 entry fares well at this Le Mans 24 Hour race!