The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Ataxia
Not Important

The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Ataxia »

Thought I'd make this thread because, in the words of Ian Holloway: "Oi'm bloody livid"...

Just thought I'd clean up a little...
Last edited by Ataxia on 04 Jul 2012, 14:08, edited 3 times in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Phoenix

Re: The Ian Holloway Football Thread

Post by Phoenix »

Read my sig... I knew football was going to take over the forum. This is just the first step. I can't wait to see Ali Dia's profile here.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

You have impeccable predictions Phoenix. I'd never guess that :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Phoenix wrote:Read my sig... I knew football was going to take over the forum.

I object to that with my former sig.

YES! YES! YES! YES!

(Goes to make wrestling thread, hmmmm what should I name it.....)
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Here's hoping that Bayern will perform a better season. But the first big step is done. We have Matthias Sammer as our new team manager. 8-)
MIA SAN MIA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

England are, despite their slightly woeful performances, up to 4th in the FIFA rankings...

How in the name of bath-based plug systems does this work?!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:England are, despite their slightly woeful performances, up to 4th in the FIFA rankings...

Because the Netherlands somehow managed to make an even bigger hash of things at Euro 2012 :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:England are, despite their slightly woeful performances, up to 4th in the FIFA rankings...

I don't know, we honestly suck, and have done since 2004. We ain't been good since Scholes retired from international football.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:Read my sig... I knew football was going to take over the forum. This is just the first step. I can't wait to see Ali Dia's profile here.

Richard Dunne deserves a profile for "most own goals in a season". I'm sure he probably has that record.

Another player who deserve a profile as Saadi Al-Gaddafi, who was employed by Perugia, Sampdoria and Udinese. I say employed, because he got no playing time to speak of. I think he made two substitute appearances for Perugia and one for Udinese.

Anyway, mercato time, oh boy, I think I am going to turn to alcoholism the way Inter's transfer market is shaping up. Gaby freaking Mudingayi signed a contract for two years for 2M a season. We might as well take a dump on that money and set it on fire.

Also, about people deliberately taking a dump on Serie A and saying 'our league is better', it is not. The difference is the English FA are happy sweeping corruption under the carpet and never letting anything controversial go public. Just look at the way the Capello sacking unfolded, the FA was acting as judge, jury and excecutioner with decisions that shouldn't have been up to them. They're incompetent. The difference is, the FIGC are willing to put their reputation on the line to weed out flaws with Italian football and fix them. Italian football should be praised for becoming transparent and publically showing they are trying to fix the system, rather than shelter the dark reality away from the fans like elsewhere.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Phoenix wrote:Read my sig... I knew football was going to take over the forum. This is just the first step. I can't wait to see Ali Dia's profile here.

Ali Dia actually scored...against Bath City. I feel ashamed.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I've tried figuring it out and I've come to the conclusion that the FIFA rankings are so complicated they should scrap it. Seriously, how do you have Uruguay at #3 when Argentina, at #7, is so much better?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

I've tried figuring it out and I've come to the conclusion that the FIFA rankings are so complicated they should scrap it. Seriously, how do you have Uruguay at #3 when Argentina, at #7, is so much better?

It's based on results against other teams. Doesn't matter who it is your playing against. That's why you have teams that suck in the World Cup in like 14th and 15th, because the teams they played against in the qualifying rounds were even worse.

It's still a ridiculous system though...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by pasta_maldonado »

[Opens door]
This
[Closes door]

The best Premier League side. Ever.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

Uruguay won the Copa America last year didn't they? The wins they got in that carry a high weighting, which is probably how they ended up there.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:[Opens door]
This
[Closes door]

The best side. Ever.

Fixed, with even better stats.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:Richard Dunne deserves a profile for "most own goals in a season". I'm sure he probably has that record.

Ah here, he's an absolute hero. Evidence can be found here.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Richard Dunne deserves a profile for "most own goals in a season". I'm sure he probably has that record.

Ah here, he's an absolute hero. Evidence can be found here.

Whereas for me it's this that comes to mind. He's scored a total of nine own goals in his Premier League career. NINE. Some defenders won't score FOR their teams that much in their entire careers!

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Titus Bramble scored as many goals for Sunderland before he joined the club as he has since we signed him :lol:
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... endly.html

I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF WITH EXCITMENT. OH MY GOD. IL CAPITANO, IL PRINCIPE, CUCHU, WES, JULIONE WILL ALL BE IN FREAKING GLASGOW. I THINK I AM GOING TO BATHPLUGGING EXPLODE!!!!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

What's this? A football thread? Oh boy, here we go... :P
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

kostas22 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169192/Celtic-host-Inter-Milan-friendly.html

I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF WITH EXCITMENT. OH MY GOD. IL CAPITANO, IL PRINCIPE, CUCHU, WES, JULIONE WILL ALL BE IN FREAKING GLASGOW. I THINK I AM GOING TO BATHPLUGGING EXPLODE!!!!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!

Aww isn't that cute everyone? The cute lil' football fan gets to see his favourite team actually play in real life! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:
kostas22 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169192/Celtic-host-Inter-Milan-friendly.html

Aww isn't that cute everyone? The cute lil' football fan gets to see his favourite team actually play in real life! :lol:

Hey shut up, I'm not a fecking millionare who can afford to fly to Italy every week. Life's a bitch sometimes. Instead of having to pay a ton of money on fights, hotel, etc, all this will cost me is the match ticket and a £7 train fare! But once I have a nice bit of money stashed away I will go to a game or two in the upcoming season (working full time just now), and at the start of the 2013/14 season combined with the Monza GP. When I actually get some decent amount of money I'll finally be able to start going to the San Siro. My parents have no taste for football and denied me foreign holidays my entire life, and have only just now reached the point where I have some disposable income of my own.

Yeah, sure, it would be cheaper supporting Celtic, but why the hell would I want to do that?

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

kostas22 wrote:Yeah, sure, it would be cheaper supporting Celtic, but why the hell would I want to do that?

That's my point, support your home teams kid ;)

Now would be a great time to be a Rangers supporter, especially if they end up down in Div 3! Think how many fans East Stirling will manage to get to Ibrox for an away game! Talk about being outnumbered! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AndreaModa wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Yeah, sure, it would be cheaper supporting Celtic, but why the hell would I want to do that?

Exactly what I do, and I went to roughly 35 games last season because of that.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

AndreaModa wrote:

Now would be a great time to be a Rangers supporter, especially if they end up down in Div 3! Think how many fans East Stirling will manage to get to Ibrox for an away game! Talk about being outnumbered! :lol:

I guess the problem with supporting one of the Old Firm is that it comes wrapped up in a mess of political and religious affiliations that a person with more than a shred of brain activity will know well to avoid. That's at least my perception, coming from a place where a Celtic jersey is convolutedly almost a nationalistic symbol.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I agree Shinji, and I think it's a real shame that it's developed into what it is these days, and if that's the reason Kostas prefers not to support one of the two Glasgow teams then I completely understand.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:I agree Shinji, and I think it's a real shame that it's developed into what it is these days, and if that's the reason Kostas prefers not to support one of the two Glasgow teams then I completely understand.

When I was really young I supported Celtic, because I thought Henrik Larsson was the greatest player on earth at the time (he was, in fairness, the best player to ever grace the SPL). This was controversial as my parents took me to a protestant Church every week (didn't have a say in the matter unfortunately, meant I'd miss some or all of Football Italia on C4 on Sundays!!!!), and, so I'm told by my parents, when the kids were asked what football team they supported and I said 'Celtic', the whole place gasped and then just fell silent. :lol:

Unfortunately I'm too progressive for a religious-oriented society. When I realised as an early teen that picking sides would not do any good I just gave up. That, plus I didn't care for Celtic after Larsson packed his bags anyway. So really I was a Larsson supporter more than a Celtic fan!

Also, no-one in my family support football teams so I was left to my own devices to form a bond to one. I am emotionally attached to Inter; I feel joy when they win, pain when they lose, but with Scottish league football, I feel nothing. How can you support a team you have no passion for?

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:How can you support a team you have no passion for?

Ask most Man United fans. You may get an answer.

But I do agree though.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

redbulljack14 wrote:

But I do agree though.

I too agree. I have supported Arsenal all my life, my dad supports Arsenal too and I was kind of born into it. I've only been to the Emirates once though as the tickets are too bloody expensive, and while it is great to see your team play at home, the Emirates doesn't really have a character. I was lucky enough to watch a match at Highbury though. One of the good things about football is the petty rivalries, like Arsenal fans hating Tottenham, and Man Utd even more :D As an Arsenal it confuses me when people accuse me of glory hunting, how can I be glory hunting if I support a team thats won sod all for the last 5-6 years? :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

But I do agree though.

I too agree. I have supported Arsenal all my life, my dad supports Arsenal too and I was kind of born into it. I've only been to the Emirates once though as the tickets are too bloody expensive, and while it is great to see your team play at home, the Emirates doesn't really have a character. I was lucky enough to watch a match at Highbury though. One of the good things about football is the petty rivalries, like Arsenal fans hating Tottenham, and Man Utd even more :D As an Arsenal it confuses me when people accuse me of glory hunting, how can I be glory hunting if I support a team thats won sod all for the last 5-6 years? :lol:

Yeah, you couldn't even beat Birmingham City in the Carling Cup final, whilst Alex McLeish was in charge.

One thing that pissed me off was Aston Villa supporters calling it the 'mickey mouse' cup, they weren't calling it that when they were finalists the year before.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The main football rivalry down here in East Anglia is between Norwich and Ipswich. I can't stand the majority of Norwich fans, and tend to support Ipswich. Not that I follow it or anything.

What really killed football for me was England's woeful performance in the 2010 World Cup. Utterly shameful.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

East Londoner wrote:What really killed football for me was England's woeful performance in the 2010 World Cup. Utterly shameful.

God that was embarrassing, we had a very weak group, and scraped through. I've never understood why we always hype ourselves up every tournament.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

redbulljack14 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:What really killed football for me was England's woeful performance in the 2010 World Cup. Utterly shameful.

God that was embarrassing, we had a very weak group, and scraped through. I've never understood why we always hype ourselves up every tournament.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

AndreaModa wrote:

A proud RCD Mallorca supporter in here, as well as an Atlético Madrid fan :D
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

Meanwhile, in Group F...

That was one hell of an embarrassing World Cup for Italia Image

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:Meanwhile, in Group F...

If Serbia were in your group, that would be less embarrassing. Yes, I practically worship Nikola Zigic.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Meanwhile, in Group F...

If Serbia were in your group, that would be less embarrassing. Yes, I practically worship Nikola Zigic.

Lippi was an idiot anyway. OK, Italy was unlucky to lose Buffon to injury during the opening game, but the fact he brought Federico Marchetti as the backup GK was suicide.

The difference between Lippi and Prandelli is that Cesare did not have much to work with but still got a great performance out of the players. The Italy that made it to the final was not a great side, but it was one that was efficient and did their jobs to the best of their abilities. Especially Balzaretti, he was really on form whenever he played.

Image Image
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Whilst wandering around the dark forest, just reacting to things as they came along, I was snatched away by the weird thing called football, and was turned into a total football freak, knowing every single fact there is to know (ok, maybe not, but you get the idea) and just loving the damn thing passionately. Unfortunately as a consequence everything F1 and motorsport in general was dumped out of my head. Thankfully, my love for F1 has remained pretty intact thanks to the phenomenal season we've experienced thus far. Here's hoping I didnt jinx that :P

Anyway my point is that this thread will definitely be of interest to me, and quite possibly I may be posting here more often than on F1-related things, though here's hoping thats not the case. I know Warren Hughes is from Sunderland, so Im assuming he's a Mackem, but knowing he's not that active (just an assumption based on my last experiences here), I shall declare myself the 'Mackem of the Forum'. Since I can't have the damn Youngest Forum Member title anymore :P

Btw not trying to plug or anything but a few weeks ago I wrote an article on Sunderland which you can find by clicking here (notice how I used our good friend Valrys' driver name as a pseudonym ;) Btw for some reason a picture of Bardo and O'Shea's been changed to one of Suarez. But don't bother!), so do take a read in case you are bored to such an extent it requires you to read a 13-year old's biased opinion!
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I am personally interested in Football Kits,strangely,and I have been visiting this site quite often just to look at football kits.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am an Adelaide United fan, but that is probably because they are my local team. Otherwise I don't really follow Soccer/Football much. (even though I used to play it all the time at school).
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.