The Jacques Villeneuve Music Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
DemocalypseNow

The Jacques Villeneuve Music Thread

Post by DemocalypseNow »

A truly off-topic thread. Nothing to do with motorsport. A thead I noticed is quite popular on the other few forums I visit. Post what music you're listening to right now and share the music. Although preferably not anything from Private Paradise...

The Who - My Generation

And I think I'll start listening to some Fatboy Slim now... :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Re: The Jacques Villeneuve Music Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Symphoic Rock and Symphonic Metal is where it's at.

London Orchestra do Under Pressure

Epica - Kingdom Of Heaven

And while I'm here, Pro Wrestling Guerilla (better than WWE) got me hooked on the Barbarian Overlords.

The Ambassador - Barbarian Overlords
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm currently raging at the music that's been played at the Olympic Closing Ceremony. Jessie J. Jessie BATHPLUGGING J singing We Will Rock You. Utterly disgraceful. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

East Londoner wrote:I'm currently raging at the music that's been played at the Olympic Closing Ceremony. Jessie J. Jessie BATHPLUGGING J singing We Will Rock You. Utterly disgraceful. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't blame you, the best song so far was Always look on the bright side of life. :lol: :lol: :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:I'm currently raging at the music that's been played at the Olympic Closing Ceremony. Jessie J. Jessie BATHPLUGGING J singing We Will Rock You. Utterly disgraceful. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

After Fatboy Slim I quickly realised the only way they could go was down, and fast, so I bailed. From the sound of things that was indeed the correct decision. Though I'm still pissed they only played the intro to Bohemian Rhapsody; now that is shameful.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

It's clear that Wonderwall is not the same without Noel there, it was still good though, as was Fatboy Slim.

Mr.Blue Sky was great to hear, my grin grew and grew and grew when I heard it.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The highlights for me were Madness, Elbow, John Lennon and Fatboy Slim. Wonderwall was good, but Liam's voice has really gone.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

kostas22 wrote:A truly off-topic thread. Nothing to do with motorsport. A thead I noticed is quite popular on the other few forums I visit. Post what music you're listening to right now and share the music. Although preferably not anything from Private Paradise...

The Who - My Generation

And I think I'll start listening to some Fatboy Slim now... :D

I was genuinely going to do a thread with this title at some point... :lol:

I'm a big Red Hot Chili Peppers fan, and despite the fact that some people don't particularly like their new album (I'm With You) I think it's rather good. The production, however, is not great and this is mainly because their new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer's playing has been turned down far too much. However, they've released the first 2 of 17 songs that were also done in the IWY sessions and you can actually hear him. Stylistically, I find him as similar as possible to previous guitarist John Frusciante but is a little more textured. But I digress...

John Frusciante's solo work is IMO quite phenominal; he makes it purely from a hobby point of view rather than thinking about sales and it shows. Each album he's done is different from the last, ranging from the avant-garde lo-fi sounds of his first album, with some rock, electronica and ambient music in the middle few albums. Recently he's released an EP which is a further departure from previous styles, where he uses his guitar with various synthesizers and hasRZA from the Wu-Tang Clan rapping on some tracks on it.

I've also discovered a band called Modest Mouse, I've really liked what I've heard of them and really enjoy the album Good News For People Who Love Bad News, which is just so easy to listen to.

Generally, I'll listen to most music other than the majority of chart stuff. I do not see the point of 'bands' like One Direction and Justin Queeber other than for a clear marketing exercise.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Two boxes checked at once - Overseer and video game intro :)

I missed the part where Madness were in the closing ceremony, so for me, Fatboy Slim was the ONLY good part of the whole damn thing. Speaking of which, how many people remember this? :mrgreen:

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Cartouche // Feel The Groove - This song is quite literally Image

Image Image
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Wowee, and I thought it was only me that had heard of that! I remember playing it in my student radio days, only a year or two after it was released, and everyone in the studio looking at me with blank faces. Is that an Italian dance track then?

I love my Italian dance music, in fact I think I'll find one to post here. Bear with me...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAiYE7gyf8

I don't know how to be clever and make the URL into text, so I'll tell you what it is - possibly the best Italian piano-house tune of all time, JJ Tribute by A.S.H.A.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Barbazza wrote:Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAiYE7gyf8

I don't know how to be clever and make the URL into text, so I'll tell you what it is - possibly the best Italian piano-house tune of all time, JJ Tribute by A.S.H.A.

To turn URL into text, [url=insert URL here]insert text here[/url]. Does this help? (Alternatively, find posts where people have turned URLs into text, click on "quote" and see how they have done it.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Barbazza wrote:Wowee, and I thought it was only me that had heard of that! I remember playing it in my student radio days, only a year or two after it was released, and everyone in the studio looking at me with blank faces. Is that an Italian dance track then?

I love my Italian dance music, in fact I think I'll find one to post here. Bear with me...

IIRC Cartouche were actually Belgian... :?

However, this IS an Italian track. Probably my favourite of all time. Don't Stop Movin' was pretty awesome too. I love the whole freaking genre. Name a Eurodance/Italohouse classic and I've probably got it.

Also, Barbazza, not Italian dance, but do you remember this?

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well, not listening to anything at the moment, but earlier today I was listening my mp3 player for some Judas Priest, Saxon, Scorpions, Accept, Railway, Deep Purple and Uriah Heep. So I believe most of you can figure out my favorite style of music based on that list.

In fact, I might use some songs from my extensive Judas Priest bootleg collection (that's what I was doing in 2011 when I wasn't around here!) as background music for any RoLFS videos I'll make next season.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Tomorrow marks 17 years since the Battle of Britpop between Blur and Oasis for a number one single. So naturally, I'm just gonna spend it blasting out Britpop classics by all the great bands. 8-)

As for today, I've been listening to this. Enjoy.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Tesla Boy - Fantasy
That also reflects majority of my recent music choices, so yeah - 80's vibes :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Wowee, and I thought it was only me that had heard of that! I remember playing it in my student radio days, only a year or two after it was released, and everyone in the studio looking at me with blank faces. Is that an Italian dance track then?

However, this IS an Italian track. Probably my favourite of all time. Don't Stop Movin' was pretty awesome too. I love the whole freaking genre. Name a Eurodance/Italohouse classic and I've probably got it.

What about Giorgio Moroder?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I give you this piece of genius here...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nuppiz wrote:Well, not listening to anything at the moment, but earlier today I was listening my mp3 player for some Judas Priest, Saxon, Scorpions, Accept, Railway, Deep Purple and Uriah Heep. So I believe most of you can figure out my favorite style of music based on that list.

In fact, I might use some songs from my extensive Judas Priest bootleg collection (that's what I was doing in 2011 when I wasn't around here!) as background music for any RoLFS videos I'll make next season.

I could have guessed your favourite style of music from the fact that you're Finnish.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I'm quite surprised Muse didn't perform one of their good songs at the closing ceremony. Stockholm syndrome? Butterflies and Hurricanes? Uprising? I could go on.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My playlist usually consists of whatever rock band I feel like listening to for that day, week or whatever. A few weeks ago, it was the Rolling Stones, a few days ago, it was the Clash and Oasis, and today, it's Powderfinger.

As an interesting side note, 100% of people in this thread restore my faith in humanity's tastes in music but that's something for another day :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

East Londoner wrote:Tomorrow marks 17 years since the Battle of Britpop between Blur and Oasis for a number one single. So naturally, I'm just gonna spend it blasting out Britpop classics by all the great bands. 8-)

As for today, I've been listening to this. Enjoy.

Sounds like a plan
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:As an interesting side note, 100% of people in this thread restore my faith in humanity's tastes in music but that's something for another day :lol:

Yeah. That's why I haven't dared to post my taste in music! :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Some Publication wrote:REVEALED! The truth Marktin Brundell's captured-by-pirates "holidays" from the F1RMGP circus, in two parts!

It's true. I do have a life outside the forums. This is why.

Nuppiz will be more interested what I've written than anyone else, I suspect. Especially as the second part contains Saxon. By the way, if you're using Judas Priest for the RoLFS soundtracks, I suggest Freewheel Burning, and not to be tempted by anything from Turbo...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Some Publication wrote:REVEALED! The truth Marktin Brundell's captured-by-pirates "holidays" from the F1RMGP circus, in two parts!

It's true. I do have a life outside the forums. This is why.

Nuppiz will be more interested what I've written than anyone else, I suspect. Especially as the second part contains Saxon. By the way, if you're using Judas Priest for the RoLFS soundtracks, I suggest Freewheel Burning, and not to be tempted by anything from Turbo...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Wizzie wrote:My playlist usually consists of whatever rock band I feel like listening to for that day, week or whatever. A few weeks ago, it was the Rolling Stones, a few days ago, it was the Clash and Oasis, and today, it's Powderfinger.

As an interesting side note, 100% of people in this thread restore my faith in humanity's tastes in music but that's something for another day :lol:

Sorry to break your statistic, but I like David Guetta :roll:

Having said that, I also like this.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Listening to this
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

kostas22 wrote:

Thanks for the tips on URLs, I do feel old when I can't do things like that!

Yes, Dreamer by Livin' Joy is awesome, Don't Stop Movin' I'm less keen on to be honest.
And Bizarre Inc - yes, they were great! From Stafford, which isn't far from where I sit. In my radio days I got to meet Angie Brown who sang on their later tracks - she was pretty bonkers.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

RRR's comment at the Ed Wood thread made me remind this.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

DJ Lelewel

One for Kostas, and to test out my new skills!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Barbazza wrote:DJ Lelewel

One for Kostas, and to test out my new skills!

Some seriously odd vocals in that one :lol:

And here is my counter-offer.

I also like to listen to Deep House when I need to chill out. Some favourites of mine in this genre;
Blue Six // Sweeter Love
Metro Area // Piña (SWAG's Mas Jugo' Dub)
Adam Jace // Do U Wanna (Go Deep) [Original Mix]
Smalltown Collective & DJ Miguel // Schaumbad (Original Mix)

Image Image
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

http://soundcloud.com/themafiamusic/baby-lets-go

The only song I've recorded with my band. Needed to split up recently though. :( Me on vocals and guitar by the way.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.