The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Ferrarist

Re: The Ed Wood Movie Thread

Post by Ferrarist »

Nuppiz wrote:But of course, Danny Sullivan should be reserved for the title of a TV series thread, thanks to his appearance in Miami Vice.

But knowing the internet, a thread about tv series isn't bound to end well nowadays. Especially if a certain cartoon series is brought up. One, which happens to be pretty popular among internet users. ;)
MIA SAN MIA!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ferrarist wrote:But knowing the internet, a thread about tv series isn't bound to end well nowadays. Especially if a certain cartoon series is brought up. One, which happens to be pretty popular among internet users. ;)

If it's not Earthworm Jim, I don't care.

Girrrrrrrrrrroovy!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:But knowing the internet, a thread about tv series isn't bound to end well nowadays. Especially if a certain cartoon series is brought up. One, which happens to be pretty popular among internet users. ;)

Girrrrrrrrrrroovy!

Yeah, what he said.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

dinizintheoven wrote:

Girrrrrrrrrrroovy!

It's fortunately not Earthworm... It's got hooves and is like the Luca Badoer of cartoons. I really don't like the fanbase of this cartoon. It's like the Ferrari Tiposi on steroids.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

Girrrrrrrrrrroovy!

It's fortunately not Earthworm... It's got hooves and is like the Luca Badoer of cartoons. I really don't like the fanbase of this cartoon. It's like the Ferrari Tiposi on steroids.

Oh god, not THAT show. anything but that
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:It's fortunately not Earthworm... It's got hooves and is like the Luca Badoer of cartoons.

No, surely not that...

Run away! Run away!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:It's fortunately not Earthworm... It's got hooves and is like the Luca Badoer of cartoons.

No, surely not that...

Run away! Run away!

I don't like them either.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Well, to change the subject from THAT show, I'm waiting for my Evil Dead Trilogy to come in the mail. (Hence the "groovy" reference again.)
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Time for me to watch Days of Thunder and watch the late Bobby Hamilton (as to not be confused with his son, Bobby Hamilton, Jr. who is very much alive) try to be Dale Earnhardt Sr.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Ohhhhhh...I so wanted to get that movie. Found it at a flea market for $1, but passed on it. Maybe next time. While we are on the subject has anyone ever seen "Death Race 2000"? Great classic film with David Carradine, with a lot of dark humor towards it. For once, a good racing movie with Sylvester Stallone in it.

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

DOSBoot wrote:Ohhhhhh...I so wanted to get that movie. Found it at a flea market for $1, but passed on it. Maybe next time. While we are on the subject has anyone ever seen "Death Race 2000"? Great classic film with David Carradine, with a lot of dark humor towards it. For once, a good racing movie with Sylvester Stallone in it.

Indeed, it's one of the few racing movies where it isn't a bunch of street racers and has actually racing drivers driving the cars instead of stunt men like Stanton Barrett who happened to race when he wasn't being a stunt man.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:Ohhhhhh...I so wanted to get that movie. Found it at a flea market for $1, but passed on it. Maybe next time. While we are on the subject has anyone ever seen "Death Race 2000"? Great classic film with David Carradine, with a lot of dark humor towards it. For once, a good racing movie with Sylvester Stallone in it.

Indeed, it's one of the few racing movies where it isn't a bunch of street racers and has actually racing drivers driving the cars instead of stunt men like Stanton Barrett who happened to race when he wasn't being a stunt man.

My favorite part of the movie was when they were detailing the scores you get for killing people. It's hilariously in some odd way. Remake wasn't that bad either. The acting was terrible, but I liked how they went a slightly different direction rather than just make a carbon copy of the film like a lot of remakes do nowadays.

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

-*:-
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

For some odd reason, Van Damme was pretty popular in Germany. It felt like our then pay TV channel Premiere aired his movies at least once a week. Well, I'll always prefer Arnold as my action hero. :mrgreen:

Speaking of, who's going to watch his newest movie?
MIA SAN MIA!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Ferrarist wrote:For some odd reason, Van Damme was pretty popular in Germany. It felt like our then pay TV channel Premiere aired his movies at least once a week. Well, I'll always prefer Arnold as my action hero. :mrgreen:

Just whatched "The Last Stand" about a week ago. Kind of you're average Arnold flick, very silly, but more than enough action to keep you enertained.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DOSBoot wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:For some odd reason, Van Damme was pretty popular in Germany. It felt like our then pay TV channel Premiere aired his movies at least once a week. Well, I'll always prefer Arnold as my action hero. :mrgreen:

Just whatched "The Last Stand" about a week ago. Kind of you're average Arnold Bathplug, very silly, but more than enough action to keep you enertained.

The word filter strikes again!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Guess I shoud have said movie instead. :?

SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05rzPnZ6lxw

I wanted to make a full thread for this, but since we have to wait until September, this is the place to start with our most waited movie of the year
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Time to perform CPR on a dying thread. Been to see two movies this weekend. Despicable Me 2 is much better than Monsters University...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

SeedStriker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05rzPnZ6lxw

I wanted to make a full thread for this, but since we have to wait until September, this is the place to start with our most waited movie of the year

I get the feeling that if this film is successful, it will spawn sequels about other F1 rivalries. Senna vs Prost anyone? Schumacher vs Hill?
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

good_Ralf wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05rzPnZ6lxw

I get the feeling that if this film is successful, it will spawn sequels about other F1 rivalries. Senna vs Prost anyone? Schumacher vs Hill?

I can see a film about the 1982 season being made. Pironi v. Villeneuve, with neither making the end of the season, nobody wishing to win Monaco, and the champion only winning one race, that being his first win, and that race being named after a country in which motorracing remains illegal...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Call me a slowpoke but did anyone see Wreck-It Ralph yet? It is/was awesome, even though I watched it though an illegitimate way with my RL friens... (read: file-sharing) :)

Watch out for Turbo, though.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:Call me a slowpoke but did anyone see Wreck-It Ralph yet? It is/was awesome, even though I watched it though an illegitimate way with my RL friens... (read: file-sharing) :)

Watch out for Turbo, though.

Yes, I did see that with ym family a few months back when t was in UK cinemas, as I was being forced to go. Despite it being a Disney animation, which have a reputation for either being surprisingly good or unbelievably bad and/or taking a moral and shoving it down your throat at every opportunity, I actually thought it was a pretty decent film. Especially compared to some other garbage Disney animations of late.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

dr-baker wrote:I can see a film about the 1982 season being made. Pironi v. Villeneuve, with neither making the end of the season, nobody wishing to win Monaco, and the champion only winning one race, that being his first win, and that race being named after a country in which motorracing remains illegal...

Having read the book 1982 by Christopher Hilton, I'm not sure just one film will cover everything that when on in that highly eventful season. Might have to do a Godfather style 3 part film. As there are so many other sub stories from that year like the drivers strikes at South Africa, watercooled brakes in Rio and the whole politics behind this and Ferrari's DSQ at Long Beach, Paletti's tragic death in Montreal and the torment that must have caused Pironi's just weeks after the GV affair. Then Pironi's subsequent crash (possibly as a result of his torment?). The Prost - Arnoux bust up at Paul Ricard, and Andretti's return at Monza & all those different cars & drivers winning races to name just a few things. What a season!
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

What did everyone think of Despicable Me 2? I thought it was great and at no point did i feel like switching off during it. The Post credits involving the minions didn't grip me as much as the first one though. The scene about the minions mocking Silas Ramsbottom's name is my favorite by a mile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJ_FDcCwTU
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What did everyone think of Despicable Me 2?

Haven't seen the first one. I miss hand-drawn movies. :( Anyways, last film I saw was FNF6, which was pretty good. Not as good as 5, but comes pretty close. (Even if it is a bit ridiculous.)

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

ibsey wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I can see a film about the 1982 season being made. Pironi v. Villeneuve, with neither making the end of the season, nobody wishing to win Monaco, and the champion only winning one race, that being his first win, and that race being named after a country in which motorracing remains illegal...

Having read the book 1982 by Christopher Hilton, I'm not sure just one film will cover everything that when on in that highly eventful season. Might have to do a Godfather style 3 part film. As there are so many other sub stories from that year like the drivers strikes at South Africa, watercooled brakes in Rio and the whole politics behind this and Ferrari's DSQ at Long Beach, Paletti's tragic death in Montreal and the torment that must have caused Pironi's just weeks after the GV affair. Then Pironi's subsequent crash (possibly as a result of his torment?). The Prost - Arnoux bust up at Paul Ricard, and Andretti's return at Monza & all those different cars & drivers winning races to name just a few things. What a season!

A miniseries would do the trick there.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Funnily enough, last Monday I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! about the Japanese planning and then playing out their attack on Pearl Harbour.
One of the associate producers is named Masayuki Takagi. Coincidence.
Tora is Japanese for Tiger for those who didn't know.

Tiger Takagi.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What did everyone think of Despicable Me 2? I thought it was great and at no point did i feel like switching off during it. The Post credits involving the minions didn't grip me as much as the first one though. The scene about the minions mocking Silas Ramsbottom's name is my favorite by a mile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJ_FDcCwTU

Exactly the same link...
dr-baker wrote:Time to perform CPR on a dying thread. Been to see two movies this weekend. Despicable Me 2 is much better than Monsters University...

But never mind. I did not see DM1 but having seen DM2, I am tempted to go and see the first. And my sister is prepared to lend me a copy...

ibsey wrote:

Really ought to get that book. By the way, that was the year I was born, 1982. The German GP was just 4 days before I popped out into the world. And an F1 trilogy around the 1982 season could add up to a Lord-of-the-Rings length of epicness!
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

dr-baker wrote:Having read the book 1982 by Christopher Hilton, I'm not sure just one film will cover everything that when on in that highly eventful season. Might have to do a Godfather style 3 part film. As there are so many other sub stories from that year like the drivers strikes at South Africa, watercooled brakes in Rio and the whole politics behind this and Ferrari's DSQ at Long Beach, Paletti's tragic death in Montreal and the torment that must have caused Pironi's just weeks after the GV affair. Then Pironi's subsequent crash (possibly as a result of his torment?). The Prost - Arnoux bust up at Paul Ricard, and Andretti's return at Monza & all those different cars & drivers winning races to name just a few things. What a season!

Really ought to get that book. By the way, that was the year I was born, 1982. The German GP was just 4 days before I popped out into the world. And an F1 trilogy around the 1982 season could add up to a Lord-of-the-Rings length of epicness![/quote]

Part 1: The Fellowship of FOCA/FISA
Part 2: The Three Tragedies
Part 3: The Return of the King (Andretti)

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

After the Need for Speed movie, here comes... Gran Turismo: The Movie!

I have feeling both would receive terrible reviews, much like the Street Fighter movie, though (yes, that one with Jean Claude van Damme as Guile). Hence why this page on TV Tropes exists. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I'm thinking of watching Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa when it comes out, even though I have only listened to one radio episode and a total of about half an hour of his TV program. At least Empire gave it 4/5 stars which means it is 'very good'.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

good_Ralf wrote:I'm thinking of watching Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa when it comes out, even though I have only listened to one radio episode and a total of about half an hour of his TV program. At least Empire gave it 4/5 stars which means it is 'very good'.

Big Alan Partridge fan here. I'm hoping the film is at least half-decent, because I'm not expecting there to be many more Partridge projects in the future. I don't want it to end on a low note.

I saw The World's End last weekend, and I really liked it! Certainly worth seeing, if you haven't already.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:I'm thinking of watching Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa when it comes out, even though I have only listened to one radio episode and a total of about half an hour of his TV program. At least Empire gave it 4/5 stars which means it is 'very good'.

Big Alan Partridge fan here. I'm hoping the film is at least half-decent, because I'm not expecting there to be many more Partridge projects in the future. I don't want it to end on a low note.

I saw The World's End last weekend, and I really liked it! Certainly worth seeing, if you haven't already.

Not an Alan Partridge fan especially after watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuZD8FvCJFc
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Even Legard is better than that.

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:

Even Legard is better than that.

Like i said in the Murray Walker Thread Partridge makes Legard look decent
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Has anyone seen The Conjuring yet? Going to see it tonight with a few mates, and just wondering if it really is as "cacky pants" scary as it's made out to be?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Has anyone seen The Conjuring yet? Going to see it tonight with a few mates, and just wondering if it really is as "cacky pants" scary as it's made out to be?

Yes, I know I've committed the mortal sin of quoting my own post, so feel free to bombard me with papayas, guys!

Anyway, The Conjuring. Well, I read reviews of the movie before I went, so I ascertained that it was terrifying and it really, really didn't disappoint. The first half of the movie relied more on jump-scares and just tension and whatnot to create the scares, as opposed to CGI and whatever. I will admit, I spent most of the second half of the movie hiding behind my hand/phone/box of popcorn, but from I saw it carried on in that vein. In fairness, its nothing new and special, but it doesn't claim to be, and as a horror movie, its flipping brilliant
TORA! TORA! TORA!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I'm going to the cinema to see Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa shortly.

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Whatever you do, do not watch 'The Lone Ranger'. Shockingly bad, insultingly so, unfunny, contrived, pointless and dreadful film.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.