Rejects of the World Cup

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
ryangregg12345

Rejects of the World Cup

Post by ryangregg12345 »

Another new thread, this time featuring the rejects of the FIFA World Cup of Football.

For example;
Mexico 1986 - Maradona's 'Hand of God' that got England eliminated from the quarter-finals. :evil:
South Africa 2010 - The Uruguayan referee who didn't allow Lampard's goal that would have put England level with Germany. :evil: :evil:
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rejects of the World Cup

Post by DanielPT »

England 1966 - The whole referee bunch gets the nod here. From the ghost goal in the final to either a lose or a harsh card showing criteria depending on who was playing it was all a complete farce. Switching venues in the eve of the matches doesn't help either, but the referees didn't had much to say about it.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

ryangregg12345 wrote:South Africa 2010 - The Uruguayan referee who didn't allow Lampard's goal that would have put England level with Germany. :evil: :evil:

4-2, not much of a difference. Germany just ate you alive as we tend to do ever so often. Quoth the raven, "deal with it". :twisted:

Some more:

1950: The entire bloody tournament - yeah, it was the first post-war tournament, but couldn't you have at least made sure you have a full field?
1998: The German squad - just players who were mostly past it or never there to begin with.
2002: The German squad - seriously, that was perhaps the least-skilled team to ever reach the finals.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1998 - David Beckham - I still haven't forgiven him for that moment of sheer stupidity that more or less dumped England out of the tournament. :evil:

Putting a preemptive nomination for England for next year's World Cup, because you just know what's gonna happen. We'll scrape through the qualifiers, get a "piss-easy" group according to the media, and then proceed to get knocked out very quickly.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

To be frank, I'd pick England for the 2010 World Cup. I mean, they swept the opposition aside in the qualifiers (4-1 against a not shabby Croatia side, anyone?), only to luck their way through the group stage, before getting rightly thrashed by the Germans.

2006 All those who said the Holland, Argentina, Serbia, Ivory Coast group was the group of death. I mean, really? Really?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:2002: The German squad - seriously, that was perhaps the least-skilled team to ever reach the finals.

I would say that, to be unbiased towards the poster's national team, that the 2002 was an awful year for European teams with Turkey and Germany exempted, of course. This award goes because they were tired, depleted or just underperformed. It was really bad. So much so that Scolari won it without having the tinniest bit of tactical notions. And because Brazil had a very good team back then.

Or, being biased towards the poster's national team, João Pinto, a Portuguese attacking midfielder. To this day, the sole player to have punched a referee in a World Cup tournament.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:I would say that, to be unbiased towards the poster's national team, that the 2002 was an awful year for European teams with Turkey and Germany exempted, of course. This award goes because they were tired, depleted or just underperformed. It was really bad. So much so that Scolari won it without having the tinniest bit of tactical notions. And because Brazil had a very good team back then.

And because Kahn made his sole significant mistake - the only thing more traumatic in sports to me than that was the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix. :cry:

Well, you are right, Europe really didn't go for glory that year. That made for some interesting names in the finals though.

DanielPT, get Sunshine in that Le Mans endurance in F1RWRS. I need another team.
Last edited by Klon on 05 Apr 2013, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Rivaldo, 2002 World Cup in a game versus Turkey where he proved that he can't even play-act...

Ball hits knee, he goes down clutching his face. Shameful.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

East Londoner wrote:Putting a preemptive nomination for England for next year's World Cup, because you just know what's gonna happen. We'll scrape through the qualifiers, get a "piss-easy" group according to the media, and then proceed to get knocked out very quickly.

Damn you, I came here just to do that.

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

And we still almost bathplug that up in 2010.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Reject Of The Media for 1990, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010, with probably more further back in history: The Sun. Absolutely the worst of the chav media for a tubthumping display of misguided patriotism for the latest bunch of overpaid misfits - so misguided that it makes even Don Pentecost look sane by comparison. Every time, having just scraped through the qualifying group the way East Londoner described, you know what we'll see: "ENG-ER-LAND! ENG-ER-LAND! ENG-ER-LAND! THIS TIME WE'RE GONNA WIN! 1966 ALL OVER AGAIN, INNIT! FREE LIONS ON THE SHIRT! ENG-ER-LAND! ENG-ER-LAND! ENG-ER-LAND!" And, as ever, the squad that's assembled for the tournament fail miserably, as they all decide it's far too much of a drag to play in a team full of other English players when they'd much rather be at home counting their money or whining about getting a transfer to a bigger club where they can play with other Galacticos who still do know the meaning of what it's like to wear the shirt of your country instead of your club and will play for their country as if their lives depended on it. So, inevitably, out they go in the quarter finals on a penalty shoot-out, and which is the first "news"paper to drag them over the coals...

You'll notice I did not include 1994 in the list; I forget if it was The Sun that came up with all the amusing headlines about Graham "Turnip" Taylor and Phil "The Parrot" Neal, but if it was, they redeemed themselves that year, in a strange and hard-to-believe way. That England did not qualify for the finals because of the mismanagement of those two also meant The Sun couldn't big up their chances of winning far beyond what they deserved either and we didn't have to put up with that, just the once...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

For 2002, it has to be Peter Prendergast, for disallowing a perfectly valid goal by Marc Wilmots for no apparent reason, refusing to even state why he did so. Had he allowed the goal, Belgium would have been leading 1-0, and might have beaten Brazil to face England in the quarter-finals.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:
And because Kahn made his sole significant mistake - the only thing more traumatic in sports to me than that was the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix. :cry:

Well, you are right, Europe really didn't go for glory that year. That made for some interesting names in the finals though.

DanielPT, get Sunshine in that Le Mans endurance in F1RWRS. I need another team.

It is also worth mentioning that Referees didn't cover themselves with glory. Specially in those South Korea matches...

Done!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

tommykl wrote: Had he allowed the goal, Belgium would have been leading 1-0, and might have beaten Brazil to face England in the quarter-finals.

Oh dear...

I have to say though, that Belgium has a very promising team for next year's world cup and if they disappoint...
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I think 2002 award should be given to France. Reigning World and European champions go home after group stage without scoring a goal.

1994 - Humberto Castro Muñoz. In case you don't know who he is, he was the one who murdered Andres Escobar.
1998 - Spain for being knocked out in group stage
2006 - Togo for all the drama around the team pre-tournament.
2010 - That assistant referee mentioned in OP.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

1994 The fans who walked out of the Germany Bolivia match when Germany scored, as they thought a game ended when a team scored.

Granted, it's not the worst mistake but it's quite comical.

Also,
2010 Luis Suarez for ruining the dreams of so many neutral fans across the world.
2014 England, for failing to qualify, after ending up against France in the playoffs. (My prediction, anyway, and I'm English)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

andrew2209 wrote:2014 England, for failing to qualify, after ending up against France in the playoffs. (My prediction, anyway, and I'm English)

Not sure if that is possible. At least not against France. The play-off use the UEFA rankings (or FIFA, not sure) and in that case England and France will probably be both seeded, meaning they cannot play against each other in the case of going into the playoffs.

2014 Portugal, failing to qualify due to being the worst second classified team by goal difference and to an obvious complacency against weaker opposition in a group they could have easily won had they bothered to do it.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

This thread should be renamed, angst when your team does not win thread.

I have some nominations that are not my country!

2006: Zinedine Zidane - Loses his cool in his last ever match with the headbutt, helps aid France in defeat.

2010: Italy and France - World Cup finalists in 2006, both last in the group stages 2010.
Message me on Discord.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

DanielPT wrote:
andrew2209 wrote:2014 England, for failing to qualify, after ending up against France in the playoffs. (My prediction, anyway, and I'm English)

Not sure if that is possible. At least not against France. The play-off use the UEFA rankings (or FIFA, not sure) and in that case England and France will probably be both seeded, meaning they cannot play against each other in the case of going into the playoffs.

2014 Portugal, failing to qualify due to being the worst second classified team by goal difference and to an obvious complacency against weaker opposition in a group they could have easily won had they bothered to do it.

They've not said that they're going to seed the teams. (Then again, they haven't said they're not going to seed the teams)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

andrew2209 wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

They've not said that they're going to seed the teams. (Then again, they haven't said they're not going to seed the teams)

Yeah. Forgot to said "usually". I know it because Portugal went to both the World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012 qualifying playoffs, were seeded in both and eliminated Bosnia in both!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1982 World Cup - West Germany and Austria: For their match-fixing controversy. Germany scored in the first 10 minutes, while they and Austria kicked the ball around for the rest of the match so both of them could advance. (Which was in vain since neither of them won.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germa ... rld_Cup%29
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Why just rejects of the World Cup? Why not include everything from the world of football?

Bundesliga 2012/13: TSG Hoffenheim. Oh. My. God. First, their horrible treatment of Tim Wiese (I don't like that guy, but even he doesn't deserve being treated like that.). Second, having four coaches during the season (Babbel (who was fired), then interim coach Kramer, then Babbel's replacement Kurz (who was also fired), now Markus Gisdol). Third, having a team with ABSOLUTELY N-O CHARACTER! That's saying something, when you have a team like the Hamburger SV, which has recently lost 2-9 against Bayern (And even then, you MAY excuse it with the fact that this was Bayern in absolutely great shape). But, Hoffenheim will probably face relegation into the 2nd division, so there is finally some justice. I'm just afraid that Dietmar Hopp will just pump some more money into players "from the region" that originally hail from countries like Brazil or Bosnia.

2012/13 Champions League: The Premier League. Having no clubs in the quarter finals is pretty bad from "the biggest show on earth". Special mention goes the Chelsea, but at least they seem to get their act together in the Europa League by now.

2011/12 Champions League: Chelsea, for winning the Champions League in such an awful, disgusting, undeserving way.

2012 Euro 2012: Germany, because despite all the publicocrap, the team couldn't win another important match, and of course another title since 1996. But "this young team may need two more years." "And all I can say to that is b*llsh*t" (C) James Hunt

2010 World Cup: France, because of their off-pitch antics. At least Italy lost more or less with grace.
MIA SAN MIA!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

1982 - Hungary. For beating El Salvador 10-1 and STILL getting knocked out in the group stage.

1994 - Kevin Keegan. For failing to spot one of the most blatant elbows in the face in world football. 'He's play-acting!!'. No Kevin, he really isn't.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Scotland... :roll:

Each time we qualified (54(?),74, 78, 82, 86, 90 and 98) the same thing happens we play well against(or maybe even beat) the top team of the group then bathplug it up against the other 2 also in '74 iirc we went out despite being unbeaten in the group....oh and we have failed to qualify since '98
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Euro 2000: Frank De Boer. Missing 2 penalty's in one game. (altough you could take Holland in general, missing 5 penalties over the whole match)
Now i when love Holland are prentending they've already won the tournament cup before it starts, and then failing epicly when victory is in sight. And that happens a lot.

Belgium in every time they play San Marino. Somehow San Marino always manages to score a goal against Belgium. :roll:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

2006 World Cup
Having thought about it, that referee who booked the Croatian player three times before sending him off deserves a shout.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

East Londoner wrote:Putting a preemptive nomination for England for next year's World Cup, because you just know what's gonna happen. We'll scrape through the qualifiers, get a "piss-easy" group according to the media, and then proceed to get knocked out very quickly.

Look on the bright side - you don't have to deal with the steaming pile of kangaroo crap that are the Australians at the moment...

My nomination for 2006: Luis Medina Cantalejo - What the hell did this guy have against the Socceroos? First there was the qualifier against Uruguay, and then that match. I still haven't entirely forgiven the Italians either...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Ferrarist wrote:2011/12 Champions League: Chelsea, for winning the Champions League in such an awful, disgusting, undeserving way.

If anthing you should name Jupp Heynckes the ROTS: he has enough good Germans on the field, but whom lets the guy shoot penaltes: Robben, who is Dutch and therefore a choke artist. Bayern deserved the loss on that basis alone.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

You lucky saps, at least you actually are in countries with world cup experience... then there is Canada who in their one appearance has done sod all. And they've done sod all before '86 and after '86. Good riddance.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

JeremyMcClean wrote:You lucky saps, at least you actually are in countries with world cup experience... then there is Canada who in their one appearance has done sod all. And they've done sod all before '86 and after '86. Good riddance.

The same thing can be said for Indonesia. We took part only once in WC (as Dutch East Indies in 1938 - we don't gain independence till 1945) and it was a complete sod-all. :evil: That said I want run xkoranate to simulate a "Canada vs Indonesia" match now... :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I'm seriously gonna rage if our newspapers says we have a chance to qualify for the next World Cup in 2018. They've been saying that for the past 8 years and it hasn't really worked out,especially when the only player that is good on the team is a 42 year old Croatian striker who can barely run faster than 5 miles an hour otherwise his leg might break, you can pretty much tell why Singapore have not made a World Cup.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

The President of the Football Association of Ireland's request to have us admitted to the 2010 WC as a 33rd team was pretty rejectful. We were undeniably cheated by Henry, but that was just embarrassing.

Roy Keane going home before 2002 because of a fight with big Mick McCarthy over training facilities was also poor. As a football-obsessed 8 year old that shook me seriously hard, though Robbie Keane's heroics against Germany was some recompense.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

2006 Graham Poll-How the hell do you give a person 3 yellow cards? That messed up a lot of the stats.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:2006 World Cup
Having thought about it, that referee who booked the Croatian player three times before sending him off deserves a shout.

Worse still, it was Australia v Croatia, and the player involved was Josip Simunic who had chosen to represent Croatia despite being raised in Australia ...

Plus he blew full time just as Tim Cahill was unleashing the shot that would have given the Socceroos the win rather than a 2-2 draw. Still, the Aussies got through. (And, I might add, Harry Kewell was offside when he scored the equaliser in that match.)

Oh, and Zeljko Kalac deserves a mention for letting in the second Croatian goal ...
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

1950: the English team for being knocked out by the USA.

1966: the Italian team for being knocked out by one Pak Do Ik.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

And since I've never found anywhere else to say it, I need to give a shout-out to the Romanian team of 1994 who capitulated in the quarter-final penalty shoot-out against Sweden, when they had a team which was good enough - I remain convinced to this day - to beat Brazil in the semis and then the Italians in the final. For me, Romania ought to have won USA '94. Call me crazy if you like. ;)
takagi_for_the_win

eytl wrote:And since I've never found anywhere else to say it, I need to give a shout-out to the Romanian team of 1994 who capitulated in the quarter-final penalty shoot-out against Sweden, when they had a team which was good enough - I remain convinced to this day - to beat Brazil in the semis and then the Italians in the final. For me, Romania ought to have won USA '94. Call me crazy if you like. ;)

Not at all. Having read about their exploits and players, I am firmly convinced that Denmark, if they hadn't capitulated against Spain, could well have won in Mexico '86, and I firmly believe Belgium could go on to win the next World Cup!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

FMecha wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:You lucky saps, at least you actually are in countries with world cup experience... then there is Canada who in their one appearance has done sod all. And they've done sod all before '86 and after '86. Good riddance.

The same thing can be said for Indonesia. We took part only once in WC (as Dutch East Indies in 1938 - we don't gain independence till 1945) and it was a complete sod-all. :evil: That said I want run xkoranate to simulate a "Canada vs Indonesia" match now... :lol:

Both lost to Hungary 8-) 8-) Although we haven't made it since 1986, either. Now we're second in the group, but with our last playoff being probably the most rejectful one of all (1-12 against Yugoslavia in 1997), hopes are still not too high. By the way, the second game of that playoff was the first ever match of our national team I watched, you can imagine how nice it was.

My rejects:
1930: Yugoslavia and US - how do you get into the semis and then lose to 6-1?
1934: Uruguay - I understand it was far more difficult to travel in those days but the defending champion not going to the World Cup?
1938: Brazil for resting their star player and eventual top scorer Leonidas in the semis for the final only to be beaten by Italy
1950: the tournament system - a group with two teams, really?
1954: the tournament system - only 2 rounds in the group stage, then having a group-winners only and a second-placed teams only half of the KO-stage
1958: Argentina - finishing last in the group, landing in Montevideo, Uruguay to escape their fans' wrath
1962: Latyshev - I'm biased here, he was the ref who cheated out Hungary against Czechoslovakia in the quarterfinals; Czech goalkeeper Schrojf deserves a mention for the most emberassing goal conceded ever in a World Cup Final
1966: The referee team of the final - they were already mentioned
1970: Pele - for actually missing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ48a0u-Xn4
1974: Zaire - losing 0-9 to Yugoslavia was the worst of it
1978: Peru - letting Argentina win 6-0 so the home team gets into the final instead of Brazil
1982: Harald Schumacher for that challange in the semifinal
1986: Hungary - handled as secret favourites before the tournament, losing 6-0 to the Soviets, blaming it to the too much pastry the players had eaten
1990: René Higuita - as a goalkeeper you are NOT supposed to lose the ball in the middle of field in extra time
1994: Diego Maradona - not that many football players failed a drug test during a World Cup
1998: Miklos Molnar, Morten Wieghorst, and Alfred Phiri in the Denmark-South Africa match, the only time three subs were sent off; Wieghorst wins on the account of being on the pitch for only 3 minutes
2002: the referees pushing South Korea forward step by step
2006: the Portugal-Netherlands war
2010: Italy - as title holder you're not supposed to be dead-last in probably the easiest group
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

BUMP

I'll have a stab for some of them

3 Yuichi Nishimura: Is it any wonder that he didn't officiate any other matches after Brazil vs Croatia because of his shocking performance in that game? First Neymar wasn't sent off on 25 minutes then he awarded Brazil a controversial penalty before disallowing a Croatia goal. Not a great time for him

2 Spain: Maybe the tiki-taka system was getting long in the tooth but honestly with the team they had and the expectations of 3 consecutive tournament wins they should have done better. Netherlands thrashed them 5-1 and then they lost to Chile 2-0 in the quickest elimination for a defending champion. At least unlike other flops like Italy/France 2010 they went out positively beating Australia 3-0 but the damage had been done

1 Brazil: Even until the semi's it hadn't been that great a tournament for the hosts anyway. As well as the poor refereeing in the Croatia match they had a draw with Mexico, Needed penalties to defeat Chile and their tactics against Colombia were awful and then they lost Neymar to injury. Then of course they played Germany and after being 1-0 down you all know the rest. They couldn't even salvage 3rd as the Dutch comfortably beat them in that. It wasn't a great tournament but the Germany and Holland games really killed it off

Hounorable mentions to England Italy and Luis Suarez

3 Referees: There were some baffling decisions in the 2010 world cup. First we had Koman Coulibaly rule out a clear goal for USA against Slovenia and not even explain why he ruled it out or explained why he blew the whistle. Then we had the controversies over Lampard's disallowed goal which the referee surely must not have seen as the only logical reason for him not to give it. Also there was Carlos Tevez being yards offside against Mexico but the goal stood which combined with the replays actually being shown in the stadium was appalling. I also think Howard Webb didn't control the final well. Yes it was a tough game but he didn't see De Jong's kick at Alonso and should have dished out more than 1 red card. Overall refereeing wasn't great

2 Italy: OK you are reigning champions, You had a good qualification period and your in the easiest group consisting of Paraguay New Zealand and Slovakia. Now what's the last thing you should have done with that group? Yeah that's right fail to win a single game and finish bottom of it. Only 2 draws and a defeat sealed their fate and fortunes haven't improved since (they went out of the group again in 2014)

1 France: What an absolute farce this was and it started even before the tournament began with Thierry Henry's handball against ROI in the play off to get through. Then came Anelka's swearing at Domenech against Mexico and the mutiny of refusing to train over the decision to send Anelka home. It took a speech from the Sports Ministers to get the players training again. Then they lost to South Africa and Domenech refused to shake hands with the manager and they flew home in economy class. It was just an absolute embarrassment for all concerned and in hindsight the poor 06-10 period happened from the moment of Zidane's infamous headbutt

HM's to the Vuvuzela's, The adidas Jubalani and Luis Suarez for his Maradona impression
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Bumping this.

2018: Germany | The curse continues. To lose to Mexico wasn't great, losing to South Korea 2-0 was simply shocking. That brief shot of Low on the world feed straight after SK's 2nd goal was rather on-point.
HMs: Spain, Neymar for his hysterical OTT rolling

2014: Brazil | An astonishing home performance, but very much for the wrong reasons! At least they beat Germany in what was effectively a rematch at the Olympics 2 years later.
HM: Luis Suarez, England

2010: Luis Suarez | Even if Ghana missed their subsequent penalty kick, you can't help but feel sorry for them. What makes it worse is that the Uruguay player next to Suarez also tried to handball.
HMs: Referee in the Germany-England match (even though England did terribly in the match), fouling in the Spain/Netherlands match

2006: Zinedine Zidane | The guy is awesome but this was not at all sportsmanlike, as much as what Materazzi said was appalling (Marco deserved his two-match ban). That panenka on the other hand...
HMs: Graham Poll, Roberto Carlos (seriously, tying your shoes during a free kick?!), Argentina for brawling with Germany after losing to them, Portugal/Netherlands players in their knockout match

2002: Referees | Just disappointing. The way South Korea's matches were handled has got to be one of the lowest points in World Cup history.
HM: Hakan Unsal/Rivaldo
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I'd rather give the 2010 RoTY award to France. :pantano:
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe