Race of Champions

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
FortiWinks

Re: Race of Champions

Post by FortiWinks »

dr-baker wrote:
FortiWinks wrote:
dr-baker wrote:A Twitter comment (tweet) made me realise there hasn't been any talk of a Race of Champions event for this year. And this thread makes it look like we as a forum have lost interest in it too. And we hardly commented about the 2018 event being the first motorsport event in Saudi Arabia...

I was pondering this myself as well with the lack of announcements where it’s going to be held, I’m assuming that it’s going back to a Nov/Dec event because we haven’t heard anything (even though I’ve still been holding out hope that it’s at Marvel Stadium or AAMI Park but with the fires here it seems less likely :( )

Is it possible that the FIA Motorsports Games has superseded this event?

Good point you make there, although I kinda thought the two would work in tandem because the FIA Motorsports Games is more amateur oriented especially with the GT class as we don’t see the star drivers we see in ROC but you could be on to something.

It would be a shame that we would lose this event for a more manufactured version of a similar concept because ROC just had that extra festival feeling to it, it was a fun event for the best drivers in the world to assemble in one spot racing in cars they normally wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole, I mean we had F1 drivers in Super Trucks for the event in Barbados a few years back which was absolutely amazing to watch.

I still feel because of the lack of announcements and because their socials are still fairly active there’s still a chance we’ll see another ROC soon but the longer it takes the more I’m losing hope...
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong