A Merry Reject Christmas

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Ataxia
Not Important

A Merry Reject Christmas

Post by Ataxia »

When the Iceman brings the snow,
And an F1 driver's slow,
He's put a great big smile on a member's face
If you look into the past,
To the drivers who weren't fast
Can you remember
When Lavaggi just wouldn't get out the way?

Well I wish there could be rejects every race
Like safety cars in Taki Inoue's face
Oh I wish there could be rejects every race
Let us celebrate our rejects!

So, it's that one special day that most people look forward to. Santa emptying his sack across the world...oh, that's not appropriate? Well...I must concede, I suppose.

In all seriousness, have a most excellent, splendid and top-notch Christmas everyone. Remember to make plenty of leg/breast jokes about the turkey, try to find the difference between the parsnips and the potatoes, and if there's sprouts on the menu eat them in a well-ventilated area.

Merry Christmas!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
wsrgo

Re: A Merry Reject Christmas

Post by wsrgo »

Ataxia wrote:When the Iceman brings the snow,
And an F1 driver's slow,
He's put a great big smile on a member's face
If you look into the past,
To the drivers who weren't fast
Can you remember
When Lavaggi just wouldn't get out the way?

Well I wish there could be rejects every race
Like safety cars in Taki Inoue's face
Oh I wish there could be rejects every race
Let us celebrate our rejects!

So, it's that one special day that most people look forward to. Santa emptying his sack across the world...oh, that's not appropriate? Well...I must concede, I suppose.

In all seriousness, have a most excellent, splendid and top-notch Christmas everyone. Remember to make plenty of leg/breast jokes about the turkey, try to find the difference between the parsnips and the potatoes, and if there's sprouts on the menu eat them in a well-ventilated area.

Merry Christmas!

Wonderful poem, Ataxia!!! Merry christmas to you too!!!
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

A very Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everybody here, from both me and everyone at the Plus One Group. Have a good one! :D

Here's to another year of F1Rejects, through rain, shine, and HTML 505 errors :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I can honestly say I'm very happy with my Christmas this year as this time I brought Presents in my own right rather than my mum buying them and slapping my name on them. I also got a strange mix of presents from the expected Tablet/DVD/Games to things like a compass, A shock pen and a Washbag set. In F1 terms I got a Silverstone wallet too

Merry Christmas to all at F1 Rejects
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Have a great Christmas Day everyone, depending on how much of it is left. :lol:
As for presents, I was given a few books, a new razor and two games. They are GT6 and F1 2012 (I didn't ask for F1 2013 because that is covering
a dull year of racing. 2012 was much better).
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Feliz Natal to all people here!!!
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote: and if there's sprouts on the menu eat them in a well-ventilated area.

It was a pleasure to see my 9-year-old have fun with a brand-new Whoopie Cushion today!

Joyeux Noel a tout le monde!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I hope everyone had a great day today and that everyone has a great 2014.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:It was a pleasure to see my 9-year-old have fun with a brand-new Whoopie Cushion today!

You have a kid?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

watka wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It was a pleasure to see my 9-year-old have fun with a brand-new Whoopie Cushion today!

You have a kid?

Seeing as he's made it abundantly clear that he hasn't been that successful with the ladies, I'd be more inclined to say that he missed the word brother/sister/cousin/nephew/niece ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:
watka wrote:

You have a kid?

Seeing as he's made it abundantly clear that he hasn't been that successful with the ladies, I'd be more inclined to say that he missed the word brother/sister/cousin/nephew/niece ;)

Indeed. Cousin. Was at my grandparents' home at the time.

Oh, and a happy Boxing Day to everybody!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

tommykl wrote:
watka wrote:

You have a kid?

Well we know that Dr Baker hasn't been too successful with the ladies, but when I think of him, I think of this part of a Flight of the Conchords song.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, I'm happy with how my Christmas turned out. F1 2013 is likeable, even if not the best, and the 5 80s cars are fun to drive, even if they feel too fast for their time period. I got a poker set, so whenever I suffer from a mild gambling problem some random day in the future, I can play poker. I also got a new carbon fiber kayak slalom paddle, but it still has to be put together yet, as it's in 2 parts because of shipping. But with the blade shape of it, it could be used as an effective snow shovel...

Once I get home, as I'm not home, I hope I'll find GT6 under the tree.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I got a new chair for Christmas, which was literally all I asked for. I'm happy. I hope everyone else is, too. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I got socks. Loads of them. Tonnes of them. Just what I needed for when I start woingrk.And loads of food to,for some inexplicable reason.

Not to mention WWE 2K14,which gladly and disappointingly retains all glitches from the THQ days.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Me, I got a PS3 and GT5 although I am hoping to get GT6 today. I also got some books about architecture, chocolate and an adaptor for my electric razor. I already have over 2,000,000 on GT5 and I have a Red Bull X2011. Thanks to the DLC.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Well, I guess in some Eastern times zones, it's Christmas already, so Merry Christmas everybody!
MCard LOLA
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Merry Christmas, my fellow Rejects! Have yourself a merry happy day (although it's already 25th in some countries), and for those who haven't eaten, a great dinner! In Portugal, we'll obviously have the traditional "bacalhau" with potatoes! So, enjoy your dinners, your gifts, but more than anything, your family and/or friends!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Vrolijk kerstfeest! For those who want it.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
W12

Post by W12 »

Hyvää joulua! :D
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Nollaig shona do gach duine ar an bhfóram F1 Rejects! :D
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you have a fab day; eat, drink, collapse in front of a Bond film, wake up wearing those brand new socks! Nothin' but the best!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Merry Christmas everyone!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Merry Christmas guys. I got an Xbox One with FIFA and Forza 5 and a KAMUI KOBAYASHI CATERHAM cap.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I finally got Flat Out Flat Broke, will start reading it later after tucking into Christmas dinner.

Have a great day guys.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Turned out to be a great christmas once again; Got PES2015 for PS3, a Beard Trimmer, some British Mint Chocolate (which is hard to get by here), a Travel Quiz Cards Game, a new bathrobe (hooray!), me and my gf got us new furniture, Wii Party and two tins for our medicines, and I got a new Keytar, which is awesomely awesome.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
W12

Post by W12 »

I got 2 PS3 games, lots of candy, a 20€ Steam gift card and an iPhone :D !
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Bobby Doorknobs

I got four new model cars for my collection (which brings it up to 22 cars spanning the years 1952-2011): Gilles Villeneuve's Ferrari 126CK, Mimmo Schiattarella's Simtek S951, Rubinho's Jordan 196 and Diniz's Arrows A18. The latter three are the first three cars in my collection that weren't Grand Prix winners. I got all six Star Wars movies on Blu-ray (I've had a renewed obsession with Star Wars since the release of the Episode VII teaser), a new TV, my first racing wheel (having tried it today I'm still quicker on GT6 with a controller for now) and yet another F1 history book, and at this stage I know the history of the sport by heart pretty much. The pictures are nice though. I'm also getting a Roland Ratzenberger tribute shirt, which is in the post. Apart from that I got the standard set of clothing that I specifically asked not to get. :P
Last edited by Bobby Doorknobs on 25 Dec 2014, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeGonzo
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Unwrapped a copy of F1 2014 on PS3, DVDs of Heat (1995) and X-Men: DOFP and a sci-fi themed Sound Machine. Merry Christmas to all of F1Rejects! :)
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Unwrapped a Liverpool T-shirt, a Real Madrid scarf, loads of iTunes cards, 2 year subscription to Road & Track, 2 full sized footballs, F1 2014, and last but not least, a Tottenham away jersey, all a couple of weeks after my Sunderland home jersey finally arrived (supposed to be here in August, arrives December 17).

A little spoiled? I think not! :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:Unwrapped a Liverpool T-shirt, a Real Madrid scarf, loads of iTunes cards, 2 year subscription to Road & Track, 2 full sized footballs, F1 2014, and last but not least, a Tottenham away jersey, all a couple of weeks after my Sunderland home jersey finally arrived (supposed to be here in August, arrives December 17).

What, are you a closet Spurs fan as well as a Sunderland fan? :P
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Unwrapped a Liverpool T-shirt, a Real Madrid scarf, loads of iTunes cards, 2 year subscription to Road & Track, 2 full sized footballs, F1 2014, and last but not least, a Tottenham away jersey, all a couple of weeks after my Sunderland home jersey finally arrived (supposed to be here in August, arrives December 17).

What, are you a closet Spurs fan as well as a Sunderland fan? :P

Spurs is my 3rd favorite PL team, behind Liverpool and Sunderland. At least they've finally got a run going.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

JaiME Alguersuari
HaRRY Schell

CHRISTian Fittipaldi
Jochen MASs
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Merhi Christmas!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

dr-baker wrote:JaiME Alguersuari
PeRRY McCarthy

CHRISTijan Albers
MASami Kuwashima

Fixed ;)
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
dr-baker wrote:JaiME Alguersuari
PeRRY McCarthy

CHRISTijan Albers
MASami Kuwashima

Fixed ;)

Thank you. And for you (and everyone else too):

A. J. Foyt

Brian HArt
BePPe Gabbiani
Joe FrY

MaNfrEd Winkelhock

SpYker
LifE
LolA
SupeR AguRi
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Happy New Yearr.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Happy New Yearr.

That's how it goes down in my part of the UK...
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

A (belated) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, everyone. Being a middle-aged suburban dad, all I normally rate for gifts is underwear, socks and ties, so I was happy with my F1 Racing subscription (even if my blatant and repeated hints for an Autosport subscription were watered down a bit).

However, I did also get my four year old son - http://www.carrera-toys.com/en/products ... 014/#62309 - which is now set up in my study!
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

A little late to the party but it was a good Christmas for me. I got a new printer/scanner for my computer, some kitchen utensils, a towel set, and lots and lots of cash. Most of which is going to my apartment when I move there in two months time.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.