The Jan Lammers Dakar Rally Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Jan Lammers Dakar Rally Thread

Post by watka »

So the Dakar Rally was indeed won by Nani Roma in the car class after team orders were enforced. Legend Stephane Peterhansel finished 2nd, only 5 minutes behind, whereas Masser Al-Attiyah finished 57 minutes down in 3rd and therefore would have won if you discount his penalty.

Marc Coma won his first Dakar rally in the bike class, as did Ignacio Casale in the quad class and Andrey Karginov in the truck class.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Controversy in the truck class too, i've heard that De Rooy, who were leading, got kicked out of the rally in the last stage. I don't really know what reason, but conspiracy theorists about Kamaz' political influence are rising.
Then again, it wouldn't be the first time one of the De Rooys would get kicked out of the rally, if i'm not mistaken. And they do have a nasty habit of playing the victim card, so i don't like to believe any conspiracies involving 'De Rooy vs. Kamaz' because basically, it's every year the same story with these two teams. Yes, Kamaz can permit themselves way too much, that's a fact, but the De Rooy's are bad losers, that's a fact too.

At least, that's what i read somewhere, apparently they're still 2nd in the standings, dont know.

More relevant, sadly the F1 reject in the rally - Jan Lammers - had already retired on stage 5.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

De Rooy's 2006 disqualification was one of the stupidest things in the history of motorsport. The governing body initially homologated some parts for their DAF trucks but then seemingly changed their mind at the 11th hour. They then were left with almost no time to rebuild their trucks to the legal 2005 spec and when they weren't able to fully manage that they were kicked from the race completely.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Dakar Summary

Bikes:
1. 13th Metge +05:56'34
2. 20th Vagnoni +08:46'50
3. 47th Lazard +18:53'28
4. 50th NijenTwilhaar +20:12'17
5. 66th De Groot +30:27'13
Salido Medina DNF
Van Sinten DNF
Khadbassan DNF

Quads
1. 2nd Sonik +1:26'49
2. 3rd Husseni +5:40'24
3. 4th Abu Issa +10:07'11
4. 9th Hansen +17:51'45
5. 14th Hernandez +53:47'00
Bonetto DNF
Pando DNF
Atzert DNF

The Bikes and Quads had a TOUGH Dakar this year, the organizers really made it difficult and the time gap between runners was huge. Especially in the Quad class, only 15 of the 40 quads that took the start have finished.

Cars
1. 8th Lavielle/ Garcin + 05:35'50 Haval
2. 37th Berezovskiy / Falkov + 29:25'04 Nissan
3. 55th Linares/ Maldonado +83:57'24 Nissan
Sainz DNF
Weevers/Lurquin DNF
Novak/Leskovec DNF
Illanes / DNF
Bedin / DNF

Trucks
1. 8th Kuipers MAN +6:31'08
2. 9th Van Villet/Pronk/Klein MAN +7:06'53
3. 29th. Blom Tatra +29:33'24
4. 30th Brouwers GINAF +29:57'02
5. 35th Del Zotto MAN +33:40'52
6. 49th Cullum Renault +363:45'46 (I don't even know how that time makes sense!)
Verheyden/Van Limpt/ Keysers DNF
Szustkowski/Kazberuk/Skrobanek DNF

Our cars didn't have the best of times with only 3 of them finishing.

In terms of users overall I ended up with 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th. A good job overall.
Message me on Discord.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Okay...how the hell is Franck MALDONADO only one of three cars that finished?

I guess this proves the theory that all Maldonados like sand more than tarmac.

Also,a user's win for Metge, a DNF from my most impressive pick, a third and a fifth. Not a bad sweepstakes, and something to try out for more rounds in the near future.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Well, only one of four has actually finished, so looks like i picked the right rejects! Well, at least my truck did quite OK.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

So, two DNFs and two last places, including one that apparently finished 15 days behind the leader...wut?

I think that's sufficiently rejectful!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
RonDenisDeletraz

So I won the car class. Thank you Carlos Sainz for crashing and allowing Lavielle to take victory.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Okay, I am going to run a 2nd edition of the Dakar sweepstakes (still no prize!). Simply use a random number generator to find an entry in all 4 classes (bike, quad, car and truck) and make a note to follow the progress of your entry. It makes following the event more entertaining.

The entry list can be found here, http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/ride ... bikes.html

2015 "Still not actually going to Dakar" rally.

Bike: #94, Richard de Groot (Netherlands) - Honda.

I am GROOT has taken part in the last 7 rallies and has a perfect finishing record, though he admits himself at age 45 he isn't the fastest rider. Last year he placed 66th. He rides a CRF 450x Honda which he tunes and maintains himself.

Quad: #267 Rodolfo Guillioli (Guatemala) - Team el Comercio - Yameha

2 and a half years ago Guillioli had never seen a dune, having lived in Guatemala city. But a friend suggested he compete and here he is for his first Dakar, his aim is rather modest, a finish would be a success. Though it the Quad class only had a handful of finishers last year!
His quad bike is a Raptor 700 Yameha with prep assistance from X-raids.

Car: #326 Patrick Sireyjol (France) Beguin Francois-Xavier (Belgium) LCR30 Buggy

(info gained from dodgy google translation) Sireyjol first competed in the rally in 1987 and in 1994 set his PB of 5th in the bike class, he has been a mainstay in the car class for some years now and last year came 15th overall. This year he is aiming for a solid top 10 placing and victory in the buggy class in his 2 litre Chevrolet powered Buggy with help from Cummins.

Truck:#527 VAN DEN BOSCH PETER (NLD) HUIGEVOORT MARCEL (NLD) GLOUDEMANS BART (NLD)- DAF

Peter Van den Bosch is entering his 6th Dakar, placing 10th in class in the 2013 edition, his last entry. The all Dutch DAF backed squad took 3rd place in the Morocco rally preceding this and they target a top 10 overall finish. The truck has 700bhp behind it, so power isn't an issue!

Bike
#4 Villadoms (KTM) - Wafflecat
#31 Quintanilla (KTM) -Miguel98
#34 Pabinska (KTM) - Simonracer
#94 de Groot (Honda) - Shadaza
#105 Cantanese (Yameha) - Pointrox
#135 Van Daele (Honda) - This
#148 Mikael Berglund (KTM) - RedEyes
#166 Ozkaplan (KTM) -tBone

Quad
#257 Palma (Can AM) - tBone
#267 Guillioli (Yameha) - Shadaza
#269 Gonzalez (Yameha) - This
#273 Almedia (Yameha) - Pointrox
#285 Javier Fernandez (Can AM) - RedEyes
#291 Mita (Yameha0 - Simonracer
#293 Claudio (Yameha) - Miguel98
#298 Gaurdia Mancilla - Wafflecat

Car
#308 Gordon (Hummer) - RedEyes
#325 Alrajhi (Toyoyta) - Miguel98
#326 Sireyjol (Buggy) - Shadaza
#357 Leon (Toyota) - Wafflecat
#393 Kun (Proto Dessoude) - Pointrox
#425 Gullot (Proto Sodicar) -t Bone
#428 Perrone Jorge (Toyota) - Simonracer
#430 Hasburn (Foton) - This

Truck
#514 Van Erd (DAF) - tBone
#515 Ardavichus (Tatra) - Miguel98
#520 Sotnikov (Kamaz) - This
#525 Macik (Liaz) - RedEyes
#527 Van der Bosch (DAF) - Shadaza
#531 Schoones (DAF) - Wafflecat
#536 Huzink (Tatra) - Pointrox
#539 Szustkowski (Tatra) - Simonracer
Last edited by Shadaza on 04 Jan 2015, 13:09, edited 3 times in total.
Message me on Discord.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Bike: #31 Pablo Quintanilla (Chile) - KTM
Quad: #293 Adrian Bayer Claudio (Argentina) - Yamaha
Car: #325 Yazeed Alrajhi (Saudi Arabia) and Timo Gottschalk (Germany) - Toyota
Trucks: #515 Artur Ardavichus (Kazakhstan), Alexey Nikizhev (Kazakhstan) and Daniel Kozlowsky (Czech Republic) - Tatra
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Bike: #135 Jeroen Van Daele (NLD) - Honda, a former mechanic in the rally to try things on his own right for the first time. Requires the technical skill to finish, but has not much driving experience.
Quad: #269 Gaston Gonzalez (ARG) - Yamaha, two entries, one with a bike, one with a car, finished both times. Seems to be a safe pair of hands.
Car: #430 Antonio Hasbun (ARG) - Brian Garvey (UK) - Foton Terracotta. Two entries, two retirement, and a car i have never heared of. This can't possibly end well.
Truck: # Dmitry 520 Sotnikov (RUS) - Igor Devyatkin (RUS) - Andrey Eferin (Rus) - Kamaz, 4th place in the truck category last year, driving in the undestructible Kamaz. If they don't do anything stupid, they might have a chance of a good result.
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Bike: #34 David Pabinska (CZE) - KTM, finished 18th last year, and has finished every one of his Dakar attempts. Should score a respectable result.
Quad: #291 Sergio Mita (BOL) - Yamaha, in his first entry. I'm not expecting much from him.
Car: #428 Jose Perrone Jorge/Ricardo Emillio Bonnazzola (both ARG) - Toyota of some kind. They don't have a page on the site. See above as to my expectations.
Truck: #539 Robert Jan Szustkowski/Jaroslaw Kazberuk (both POL)/Filip Skrobanek (CZE) - Tatra. Another entry without a page.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Bike: #4 Jordi Viladoms (ESP)--KTM, Red Bull Factory Team.
Finished 2nd in last year's Dakar, alongside a fair few high finishes in other rallies last year. Not a bad start.

Quad: #298 Paulo Guardia Mancilla (CHL)--Raptor 700 Yamaha,Hot Pistons
A wild card entrant from what I could understand in Google Translate, he's won the Chilean national and Baja Atacama championships it seems, but is still young at 21. Good luck me. And him.

Car: #357 Francisco Leon & Tomas Hirahoka (PER)--Mitsubishi, probably Alta Ruta 4X4 Peru
No info whatsoever, though they did compete in last year's Dakar, but DNFed at stage 4 looks like.

Truck: #531 Aart Schoones, Gert Jan Schoones & Enrico van der Donk (NLD)--DAF, probably SchoonesDakar
Eh, two brothers and another man with a hilarious name. They have quite a bit of Dakar experience, but not that good, coming 27th in the last rally.

Well, could be worse, but I'm alright with this.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
tBone

Post by tBone »

Bike: #166 - Koray Ozkaplan (TUR), KTM. First-time participant, whose goal is finishing. It is quite an impressive story why he participates:
At the time Kemal Merkit encouraged me to do it. After we lost him, I had to do it for him.

Merkit was a former Dakar participant. Let's hope he can make it!

Quad: #257 - Sebastian Palma (CHL), Can-Am. This guy might be up for quite a nice result. He finished 5th in the 2013 Dakar, but in 2014 he could not finish because of mechanical failures, which was a disappointment.

Cars: #425 - Cristophe Guillot (FRA) and Franck Maldonado (FRA), Proto Sodicars. Not too much info on these drivers. The team looks quite experienced and both of their cars finished last year's Dakar rally. We can do nothing but hope this Maldonado is a little bit more carful! :P

Trucks: #514 - Frits van Eerd (NLD), Charly Gotlib (BEL) and Peter Vervoort (NLD), DAF. I was kind of hoping for a Dutch team, so I'm happy with these ones. Frits van Eerd is the guy in this movie and has been finishing in the top 20 every Dakar he participated in. Charly Gotlib is a very experienced navigator who won the Dakar rally in 2007 with Hans Stacey. This team might be up for a decent result!
YOUR
LOGO

Here
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Bike

#148 Mikael BERGLUND (SWE) KTM
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/rider/148.html

Quad

#285 Diego Javier FERNANDEZ (URU) CAN AM
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/rider/285.html

Car

#308 Robby GORDON (USA)/Johnny Campbell (USA) HUMMER
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/rider/308.html

Truck

#525 Martin MACIK (CZE)/Janacek MILOSLAV (CZE)/Michal MRKVA (CZE) LIAZ
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/rider/525.html
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Bike: #105 Francesco Catanese - Yamaha WR450
Also known as The Giant of Bologna, as he's a whopping 2 metres tall - a stature that, by his own admittance, proved to be problematic when riding a bike. Despite retiring after Stage 5 in his debut start last year he's back and will try to fight against the odds to make it back to Buenos Aires.

Quad: #273 Mauro Almeida - Yamaha Raptor 700
Last year he was just one position shy of a top 10 finish, so I'll be definitely checking up on him.

Car: #393 Liu Kun & Liao Min - Proto Dessoude
Last year Team Dessoude were very unlucky - their car broke down just 4 kilometers away from the finish line. This year though they will be represented by three cars - and the Chinese crew will drive one of them. These guys have no prior experience in Dakar so let's hope they will finish the rally at all :P

Truck: #536 Gert Huzink, Rob Buursen & Gerritse Schooneveld - Phoenix Tatra
After three entries in a car and all three of them DNFs, Mr. Huzink turned to trucks, with a little help from the mechanic Rob Buursen and co-pilot Gerritse Schooneveld, who will have his Dakar debut.
Last edited by Pointrox on 05 Jan 2015, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Important cars to watch are
#338 Eric Bernard, driving a Trio Trio 2, whatever that may be.
and our beloved reject:
#562 Jan Lammers, driving a badass GINAF-truck, as per usual.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Sadly, it seems that it's happened the first fatality in this years Dakar. :(
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Miguel98 wrote:Sadly, it seems that it's happened the first fatality in this years Dakar. :(

Just heard the news as well. R.I.P Michal Hernik. :cry:
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
RonDenisDeletraz

Rest in Peace Michal Hernik

Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

So... how's this sweepstakes thing going for you?
Mine - not too good.

Bike: #105 Francesco Catanese - Yamaha WR450
Retired on stage 5.

Quad: #273 Mauro Almeida - Yamaha Raptor 700
Retired on stage 2 with fuel system problems after an impressive first day, where he was a s high as 4th!

Car: #393 Liu Kun & Liao Min - Proto Dessoude
Debuting pair of Chinese anonymous drivers is still going! :o
My most random pick of all is classified 59th (out of 72 cars left) after 8 stages.

Truck: #536 Gert Huzink, Rob Buursen & Gerritse Schooneveld - Phoenix Tatra
The Dutch crew is en route as of stage 8, in 26th position out of 40.
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Bike: #34 David Pabinska (CZE)
- Running 26th

Quad: #291 Sergio Mita (BOL)
- Out on stage 6

Car: #428 Jose Perrone Jorge/Ricardo Emillio Bonnazzola (both ARG)
- Out on stage 3

Truck: #539 Robert Jan Szustkowski/Jaroslaw Kazberuk (both POL)/Filip Skrobanek (CZE)
- Holding down 18th
tBone

Post by tBone »

Here are my sweepstakes, as of stage 9:

Bike, #166 Koray Ozkaplan: Aiming to finish the rally, and he is still going. 87th overall with a best stage classification of 71st at stage 8.
Quad, #257 Sebastian Palma: Also still in the rally, even in the top 10 overall with his 10th place overall. His best stage was stage 7, where he managed to put in the 7th time.
Car, #425 Christophe Guillot: Retired after stage 3, after which he was 89th overall. Stage 3 was also his best stage with a 90th time.
Truck, #514 Frits van Eerd: Minardi man is still going strong, being 19th overall. Another top 20 may be in the making! His best stages were 1 and 2, both 14th overall times there.

They're not doing too bad, I guess. Unfortunately Guillot and Maldonado won't finish, though...
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

How my sweepstakes done.

Bike: #135 Jeroen Van Daele (NLD) - Honda - 64th (out of 79)
Quad: #269 Gaston Gonzalez (ARG) - Yamaha - DNF
Car: #430 Antonio Hasbun (ARG) - Brian Garvey (UK) - Foton - 57th (out of 67)
Truck: # Dmitry 520 Sotnikov (RUS) - Igor Devyatkin (RUS) - Andrey Eferin (Rus) - Kamaz -5th (out of 43)

Other important cars:
Jan Lammers - Ginaf - DNF
Eric Bernard - Trio - 28th (out of 67)
tBone

Post by tBone »

My sweepstakes did this. 2 decent results and 2 withdrawals.

Bike, #166 Koray Ozkaplan: DNF after withdrawing in the 10th stage.
Quad, #257 Sebastian Palma: 7th, decent finish for Palma
Car, #425 Christophe Guillot: DNF after withdrawing in 4th stage.
Truck, #514 Frits van Eerd: 18th, nicely done by mr Minardi.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Bike: #34 David Pabinska (CZE) - Finished 24th
Quad: #291 Sergio Mita (BOL) - Out on stage 6
Car: #428 Jose Perrone Jorge/Ricardo Emillio Bonnazzola (both ARG) - Out on stage 3
Truck: #539 Robert Jan Szustkowski/Jaroslaw Kazberuk (both POL)/Filip Skrobanek (CZE) - Finished 19th
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Bike: #105 Francesco Catanese - out on stage 5
Quad: #273 Mauro Almeida - out on stage 2

Car: #393 Liu Kun/Liao Min - finished 53rd
Truck: #536 Huzink/Buursen/Schooneveld - finished 22nd
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

My Results

Bike #148 Mikael BERGLUND (SWE) KTM: Finished 67th of 79
Quad #285 Diego Javier FERNANDEZ (URU) CAN AM: DNF Stage 6
Car #308 Robby GORDON (USA)/Johnny Campbell (USA) HUMMER: Finished 19th of 67
Truck #525 Martin MACIK (CZE)/Janacek MILOSLAV (CZE)/Michal MRKVA (CZE) LIAZ: DNF Stage 5
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Miguel98 wrote:Bike: #31 Pablo Quintanilla (Chile) - KTM
Trucks: #515 Artur Ardavichus (Kazakhstan), Alexey Nikizhev (Kazakhstan) and Daniel Kozlowsky (Czech Republic) - Tatra

Let's check this:

Bike: #31 Pablo Quintanilla (Chile) - KTM
Finished 4th in the bikes class

Abandon in stage 4

Abandoned in stage 11 (sadly :()

Finished 22nd in the trucks class

Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

It's the annual "Sweepstakes challenge." Where rng finds a crew to support. I do it because it adds a level of interest to invest in.

How to play? Simply look at the entry list put the first and last numbers into random.org and whatever number it farts out, that is who you are backing in that class! The entry list is found here: http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/ride ... html#ancre

Here are mine:

Bike Class
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/091.html

#91 Nicolas Alberto Cardona Vagnoni (VEN) Yameha

Venezuelas only competitor in the class and entering his third year, he placed 20th last time out and his hoping to break into the top 15 this year. He has trained hard for this years event and has been a bike fanatic since the age of 4!

Quad Class
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/295.html

#295 Prieto Ruiz Alberto (ESP) Yameha

Ruiz Alberto is already breaking records by entering, the first ever quadbike entry for a disabled rider, Ruiz Alberto does not have the use of his left arm meaning all control will have to be done with his right arm and lower body. I can't even imagine how hard that must be, simply taking part in the event is a huge achievement and finishing the tough rally would be incredible. Good Luck :D

Car Class
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/314.html

#314 Sebastien Loeb/ Daniel Elena - Peugeot DKR 2008

Oh boy, Loeb has finally decided to tackle the rally and the eyes of the world are sure to be on him! He is quick to down play expectations but lets hope Loeb has a great run!

Truck Class
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/531.html

#531 Eurol/Veka Man Rally Team (NED)

Driven by Marcel Huigevoort also from the Netherlands, this is the drivers 3rd year in Dakar after a year of bikes and truck navigation. He gets the promotion to driver for this year, this truck is to support the primary Man team so don't expect much.
Message me on Discord.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Bikes: Toby price (aus) 3

Quads: Estanguet Julio Caesar (arg) 289

Car: Vallejo Juan Carlos (Chl)
Baronio Leonardo (Per) 399

Trucks: Robert Randyseck (CZE)
Peter Sabransky (CZE)
Marek Sykora (SVK) 554
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

I know bugger all about the Dakar, but let's give this a crack.

Bike: #31 Ondrej KLYMCIW (CZE) Husqvarna
Came second best rookie last year? That's promising.

Quad: #283 Carlos Alejandro VERZA (ARG) Yamaha

Car: #328 Romain DUMAS (FRA) / Francois BORSOTTO (FRA) Peugeot
Does winning at Le Mans and Pike's Peak translate to being competitive at the Dakar? Let's find out.

Truck: #523 Jordi JUVANTENY (ESP) / Jose Luis CRIADO (ESP) MAN
Last edited by More_Blue_Flags on 01 Jan 2016, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ah what the hell, let's give it a shot. I'm also a total Dakar noob, so let's see what happens...

Bike: #14 Matthias Walkner (AUT), KTM
Showed some promise in his rookie event last year before dropping out due to food poisoning. Hmm...

Quad: #265 Alexis Hernandez (PER), Yamaha
His profile is in Spanish. I think he finished 14th in 2014.

Car: #391 Dusan Randysek (CZE) / Rostislav Plny (CZE), Arctic Cat
Two rivals from the Czech Polaris buggy championship have joined forces for this entry. Randysek has previously competed in the Dakar Rally on two wheels, and since 2013 he has helped develop the Arctic Cat rally car.

Truck: #555 Paul Verheyden (BEL) / Sean Berriman (RSA) / Kurt Keysers (BEL), DAF
No profile available. Now that's dull.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Bike: #147 Jose Julian Kozac (ARG) - Yamaha. In his first appearance in the Dakar.

Quad: #286 Enrique Alonso (PER) - Can-am. Like his Formula 1 namesake, 2015 (his debut in the Dakar) was a bit of a disaster. He was forced to withdraw for a most rejectful reason - his support crew forgot about him and failed to show up! This time, he claims that will not be a problem. As for whether he will be competitive or not, that is another question that an answer cannot really be provided for at this stage.

Truck: I also landed up with the #531 Man of Marcel Huigevoort/Coen Donkers (both NLD)/Frans Van Zutven (PER). All are pretty inexperienced in the Dakar, Huigevoort (as previously stated) is a debutant when it comes to driving a truck in the event, Donkers (his co-pilot) is a total rookie and Van Zutven the riding mechanic has only one previous start, as a car co-pilot in 2005.

Car: #374 Jose Luis Di Palma/Eduardo Osvaldo Amor (both ARG) - Toyota Hilux. The most formidable pairing that I ended up with, Di Palma is a veteran circuit racer who competed in Indy Lights, British Formula 2 (which he won in 1994,) and the TC2000, South American Touring Car Championship and the Turismo Carretera, in which he finished 4th in points on two occasions, all over a span of 25 years. He will be making his 6th start in the Dakar, as will his co pilot Amor.
RonDenisDeletraz

Bike: #40 Jurgen van den Goorbergh
Ex MotoGP rider, has competed in the Dakar since 2009 in both bikes and cars.

Quad: #270 Sebastien Souday
Second attempt, pulled out on the second stage in 2015

Car: #375 Sean Reitz
South African rookie, driving an old Nissan

Truck: #501 Gerard de Rooy
My best chance here, won in 2012, The De Rooys have been a fixture at Dakar for many years

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Bike: #35 - Bruno da Costa
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/035.html
Quad: #263 - Santiago Hansen
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/263.html
Car: #363 - Jean-Phillipe Theuriot/Patrick Prot
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/363.html
Trucks: #521 - Albert Llovera/Chalry Gotlib/Jaromir Martinec
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/521.html

Not too confident...

Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Bike: #24 er... no one. Let's try again.
#88 Jasper Riezebos (NLD), KTM
A Dutch gentleman not much older than myself and drives cranes for a living.

Quad: #262 ...no one again.
#260 Franco Picco (ITA), Can-Am
Hmm, his profile's in French, but I understand enough of the language to know that he's 60 years of age, has competed in the Dakar on several occasions since 1985 and has a number of podiums.

Car: #421 For bathplug's sake RNG...
#356 William Alcaraz (FRA) / Thierry Pacquelet (FRA), Toyota
Alcaraz, like Picco, is a veteran, it seems.

Truck: #555 Paul Verheyden (BEL) / Sean Berriman (RSA) / Kurt Keysers (BEL), DAF
Huh, I got the same one as Nuppiz.
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Bike: #80 Manual Lucchese (ITA) - Yamaha WR450F Rally
2 attempts, one DNF, one 86st place. His other Dakar experience is 'guiding vip visitors'. Defenitely not a winner, but might at least finish.
Quad: #288: Frederic Alard (FRA) - Honda 700 TRX
3 Attempts, 3 DNF's. Not a bright prospect.
Car: #318 Guilherme Spinelli (BRA) - Youssef Haddad (BRA) - Mitsubishi ASX Racer
7 attempts, 5 DNF's, one 10th place and one 9th place. Might a good outsider. Usually one of the most competive Mitsubishi user, with heavy backing from Petrobras.
Truck: #510 Pieter Versluis (NLD) - Marcel Pronk (NLD) - Artur Klein (DEU) - MAN TGS 480
4 attempts, 2 DNFS, 1 7th, 1 10th. The co-drivers were previously from Marcel Van Vliet. Looks like they'll have a real chance of a top 10 finish. Won't be able to break the Kamaz-dominance though. Also they're probably in a support role of teammate Hans Stacey.