The Birthday Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
tBone

Re: The Birthday Thread

Post by tBone »

Simtek wrote:
tBone wrote:Can I be added? I was born exactly 159 years after Gottlieb Daimler's birth! So, 17th March 1993 is my date of birth.

It's also the same day that people all over the world pretend to be Irish!

I don't, I just pretend it's my birthday :P
YOUR
LOGO

Here
FortiFord

Post by FortiFord »

17 December 1999 for me.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I was apparently born 17 years ago today... shame no Rejects have been born on the same day. :P
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Reject_Dom wrote:I was apparently born 17 years ago today... shame no Rejects have been born on the same day. :P

It's the anniversary of Eric van de Poele and Modena's heartbreak at Imola, if that's any consolation ;) Anyway, you have been added to my signature, seeing as I am changing it every day for birthdays and death anniversaries.
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Reject_Dom wrote:I was apparently born 17 years ago today... shame no Rejects have been born on the same day. :P

Technically there is one: Indianapolis 500 reject Al Miller. What is unlisted there is that he attempted to qualify for the 1950 race (which was part of the F1 championship).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Simtek wrote:

It's the anniversary of Eric van de Poele and Modena's heartbreak at Imola, if that's any consolation ;)
His only race he qualified in that season and he nearly got points.... blimey, what a bathplug-load of bad luck.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

Well mine is today, shared with Ralf Schumacher
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

Any rejects born on 21st August? 19 today and rather than drinking* i'm more interested in finding out who I share my birthday with.

*that's a bit of a lie, I'm already drunk! :mrgreen:
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Francis23 wrote:Any rejects born on 21st August? 19 today and rather than drinking* i'm more interested in finding out who I share my birthday with.

No F1 Rejects, but amongst those I recognise on the Wikipedia page:

Emiliano Mercado del Toro (1891-2007... look at those dates and realise they're not a typo)
Count Basie (1904-1984)
Princess Margaret (1930-2002)
Barry Norman (1933-present)
Donald Dewar (1937-2000)
Glenn Hughes (1952-present)
Joe Strummer (1952-2002)
Kim Cattrall (1956-present)
Nigel Pearson (1963-present)
Carrie-Ann Moss (1967-present)
Serj Tankian (1967-present)
Liam Howlett (1971-present)
Simon Katich (1975-present)
Usain Bolt (1986-present)

So you've got the Queen's sister, a First Minister of Scotland, a film critic, various musicians, a few actors, a cricketer, a footballer, a lightning-fast sprinter and a man who lived to be 115.

There are a couple of American NASCAR drivers - Burney Lamar and Paul Menard, both born in 1980 and both about as likely ever to have competed in F1 as Champion the Wonder Horse.

I had a quick look through 20th August as well, and that throws up the interesting cases of Bernardo O'Higgins (champion of Chilean independence with an Irish father, hence the name), H.P. Lovecraft, Don King, Ron Paul, Jim Bowen, Isaac Hayes, Robert Plant, Phil Lynott, Dimebag Darrell, David Walliams... and... er... Fred Durst, but we don't talk about him. The only racing personality that jumped out at me was Jo Ramirez.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Bobby Doorknobs

dinizintheoven wrote:
Francis23 wrote:Any rejects born on 21st August? 19 today and rather than drinking* i'm more interested in finding out who I share my birthday with.

No F1 Rejects...

Actually, Jim, I'm going to have to stop you there as one Ken Richardson from Bourne in Lincolnshire was born on this day in 1911. He was BRM's development driver in their early days testing their V16 engine and was entered by them in the 1951 Italian Grand Prix, qualifying a pretty respectable 10th before it was found that he didn't have the correct racing licence due to his lack of experience. And so ended a stellar F1 career...

Oh yeah, and it's also go_Rubens' birthday. Happy birthday to you both! :)
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Easy one to miss, right? No wonder he didn't show up on the All-Knowing Oracle.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

Thanks guys, guess you learn something new every day!:)

Edit- Just realised Felipe Nasr is born on 21st too
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Looks like I was born 46 years after the final race of the first Formula 1 World Championship at Monza. (Which means, today is my birthday :D ) The funny thing is, no other World Championship race has been held on this day ever since.

I also share my birthday with WTCC almost-champions Augusto Farfus and Jorg Muller.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Happy birthday Sir Stirling Moss
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Bobby Doorknobs

golic_2004 wrote:Happy birthday Sir Stirling Moss

Also to Damon Hill ;)
#FreeGonzo
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Happy birthday to two late F1 drivers today

Carlos Pace, whom the Interlagos track would be named after in his memory, and Manfred Winkelhock. RIP to you both.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Yesterday's birthdays were mine and Keke Rosberg's, the only Formula One champion to DNPQ in a Grand Prix.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

...although, at the time of his last DNPQ (of four), Keke had no idea he would be World Champion four years later.

As for all the other DNQs that lasted all the way until 1981, even Saint Ayrton had one of those on his record...
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

It's January 1st where HWNSNBM lives and a very Happy Birthday to him!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

A bit late now, but happy birthday to our former overlord, eytl, and to FullMetalJack, whose birthdays were on 2nd January.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Happy actual birthday to everyones favourite combat replicant Roy Batty!

Just For One Day...
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

I wanna question this why would you guys wanna put your birthdays done here online?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Gonzalez wrote:I wanna question this why would you guys wanna put your birthdays done here online?

That is a good question. But do you really know who I actually am?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Gonzalez wrote:I wanna question this why would you guys wanna put your birthdays done here online?

Man, I've posted my music up here before :D a birthday isn't all that personal when you think about it.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

They're days of the week, mate. Ain't like we're asking for everyone's credit card info...

...speaking of which, I'll need that if people are wishing to buy Ataxia+ subscriptions!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

It's not like there's nobody else in the world with the same date of birth as me... :D
Besides, it's not like it takes much effort to find out the majority of most forum members real names. It's not like we're a forum with ideas that are a danger to society or something like that, so your identity being associated with F1Rejects/GPRejects is not that much of a disaster...
It's only our own idiocy that we're asociated with, but if you are an idiot, it will show trough one way or the other.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

I was born 19 of March. I suppose no F1 driver was born this day, but it's pretty close to Ayrton Senna's.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Bobby Doorknobs

solarcold wrote:I was born 19 of March. I suppose no F1 driver was born this day, but it's pretty close to Ayrton Senna's.

On the contrary it's Nicola Larini's birthday :D
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
solarcold wrote:I was born 19 of March. I suppose no F1 driver was born this day, but it's pretty close to Ayrton Senna's.

Not quite a reject. Close though!
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

dr-baker wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Not quite a reject. Close though!

Anyone whose CV includes driving the Osella FA1L is worthy of some sort of honorary status ;)
#FreeGonzo
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

Happy birthday Manfred Winkelhock, turns 31 today!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

EuroBrun wrote:Happy birthday Manfred Winkelhock, turns 31 today!

Sadly not. It's 31 years to the day since he died in a championship sportscar race in Canada. RIP.
MCard LOLA
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Last Saturday, 1st of October, was Jean-Denis Délétraz birthday. His son hugged him at the end of the race and posted a picture of it on Facebook.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

It's my birthday today, and a friend of mine genuinely gave me raw garlic as a present. #blessed
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

My birthday is today(November 18th), 14 years ago today.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Dexter249 wrote:My birthday is today(November 18th), 14 years ago today.

...hence, younger than the embryo that is wmetcalf.

Time marches on...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:My birthday is today(November 18th), 14 years ago today.

...hence, younger than the embryo that is wmetcalf.

Time marches on...

Even I feel kinda old now
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I'm glad nobody noticed yet how old i really got begin this month....
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:I'm glad nobody noticed yet how old i really got begin this month....

29 years and 12 months old - congratulations!
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Huh, I never posted my birthday here. Just happened, December 8, 19 years ago. Celebrated it in an army camp. wohoo
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!