1/43 F1 Reject-themed model collection

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1/43 F1 Reject-themed model collection

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:
Barbazza wrote:'Italian Driver' - which one?! Marco Apicella? Luca Badoer? Guido Dacco? Me?

Someone explained that the rights for using Badoers name were with Ferrari, and Ferrari had an exclusivity contract with another model manufacturer.

They should've gone the Formula 1 97 way and renamed him "Driverone Minardi".
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
sw3ishida

Post by sw3ishida »

Nuppiz wrote:
This wrote:
Barbazza wrote:'Italian Driver' - which one?! Marco Apicella? Luca Badoer? Guido Dacco? Me?

Someone explained that the rights for using Badoers name were with Ferrari, and Ferrari had an exclusivity contract with another model manufacturer.

They should've gone the Formula 1 97 way and renamed him "Driverone Minardi".

Hey, for a young'un like me, that had me confused for a while. Firing up the N64 and trying to find some "Jacques Villeneuve" guy was harder than it looked
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I've been on a bit of a model purchasing spree over the past few months - here are all the reject-related models I've picked up since I last posted here.

Kamui Kobayashi Sauber C31 (Minichamps) - yes, I know, not a reject :P

Mark Webber Minardi PS02 (Minichamps) - again, not a reject - but it is a model I've wanted for a while, finally found one at a reasonable price

Jos Verstappen Minardi F1X2 (Minichamps)

Paul Stoddart Minardi F1X2 (Minichamps)

Aguri Suzuki Super Aguri SA06 (Minichamps)

Karun Chandhok "Lotus" T128 (Spark)

Finally, a bonus non-F1 Reject, the Aston Martin AMR One (ixo) - Almost had an F1 Reject connection with this one, but Christian Klien barely scraped past the Reject criteria with a 5th and a 6th place.
This is a cool spot.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The model purchasing continues... (I think this might've transitioned from small hobby to full on addiction at this point :P).

I think I may have just bought the holy grail of F1 Reject models - A Minichamps Minardi PS04B customised with the US GP livery and signed by HWNSNBM himself!

I've also decided to branch out into collecting cars from Rejects' exploits in other series:
Robert Doornbos Minardi Team USA - 2007 Panoz DP01 ChampCar (Greenlight 1/18)

Gabriele Tarquini - 2009 SEAT Leon WTCC (SEAT Sport Models/IXO) - the first ever F1 Reject to be crowned an FIA World Champion.

2005 Calsonic 350Z - as driven by Yuji Ide, alongside Benoît Tréluyer (Ebbro)

2005 ARTA NSX (a team which is owned by Aguri Suzuki - ARTA stands for Autobacs Racing Team Aguri) - as driven by Ralph Firman, alongside Daisuke Ito (Ebbro)

Last but not least, the JLOC Lamborghini Murcielago from the 2007 Le Mans 24 Hours, famous for lasting only slightly longer in the race than Marco Apicella's F1 career (Ebbro)
This is a cool spot.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Also driven by Marco Apicella!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

watka wrote:Also driven by Marco Apicella!

Didn't they manage to achieve that 'performance' twice?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

MinardiFan95 wrote:The model purchasing continues... (I think this might've transitioned from small hobby to full on addiction at this point :P).

I think I may have just bought the holy grail of F1 Reject models - A Minichamps Minardi PS04B customised with the US GP livery and signed by HWNSNBM himself!

You may just go and declare the room you store your collection in as a place of worship. :o
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

It's been a while since I last purchased a reject model, but when I saw this was finally being released a few years after Spark announced it I had to buy it. Almost missed out as well, as the Australian distributor had already sold out.

This is a cool spot.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Not 1/43 (it's 1/24), but I just built this nice Zakspeed from a Hasegawa model kit.

Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Too bad McLaren didn't continue the habit of changing West to East for non-tobacco races.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bleu wrote:Too bad McLaren didn't continue the habit of changing West to East for non-tobacco races.

Should have changed it to South instead... 1980 McLaren driver comes to mind, you see.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

dr-baker wrote:
Bleu wrote:Too bad McLaren didn't continue the habit of changing West to East for non-tobacco races.

Should have changed it to South instead... 1980 McLaren driver comes to mind, you see.
Joe South?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znh58WITU8
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I know it's not reject-themes, but i couldn't find any other model car thread.
So this is not a 1/43, but i'm kinda desperately searching for this Matchbox car. If anyone ever bumps on it on whatever second-hand site, give me a sign. (i've got all other 9 1992-1993-1994 models by now, this one is just like trying to find a needle in a haystack)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!