RejectWatch Recap - 2017

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
tommykl

RejectWatch Recap - 2017

Post by tommykl »

If you cast your mind back to May, we published a comprehensive census of Formula One Rejects active in other series in 2017. There were many of them.

As we usher in the new year, it's time to look back on last year and see how well they really did. In fact, there were even more than we envisioned in May. So many more that this piece cannot possibly be contained within one single article.

Without further ado, I would like to present: RejectWatch Recap 2017 - Part 1
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Re: RejectWatch Recap - 2017

Post by Londoner »

In my capacity as site editor, I'm pleased to announce the second part of tommykl's novella. Turn your eyes towards RejectWatch Recap 2017 - Part 2
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:In my capacity as site editor, I'm pleased to announce the second part of tommykl's novella. Turn your eyes towards RejectWatch Recap 2017 - Part 2

I wanted to throw you an inauguration party, but you've jumped the gun here ;)

Yes, Londoner's taking over as site editor, so please direct all editorial queries to him. It's been a great two-ish years getting everything up and running, but it's time for someone new to turn GPR into a media powerhouse.

If you want to get involved, drop Londoner or Biscione a PM and they'll be happy to work with you.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Is there a third part, or are we done Rejectwatching?

Until Rejectwatch 2018, that is...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dinizintheoven wrote:Is there a third part, or are we done Rejectwatching?

Until Rejectwatch 2018, that is...

There is indeed! Stay tuned, for it shall (hopefully) be reaching your various feeds tomorrow.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

That was an amazingly comprehensive review. Still, I'm waiting for someone to come out of the woodwork with an adenoidal voice mentioning a one-off series where some completely forgotten one-off rejects from South Africa race soapbox carts around Jody Scheckter's farm and why wasn't this included and... so on.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

A little addendum to Scott Speed's exploits in GRC. :D

http://www.thedrive.com/news/18175/ex-f ... ng-crashes