F1 Livery Histories

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
F1 Livery Histories

F1 Livery Histories

Post by F1 Livery Histories »

Hello everyone. I'd like to share with you a new youtube channel called "F1 Livery Histories" which catalogues the different paint jobs, colour schemes & sponsors adopted by different Formula One teams over the years.

The first video in the series is on the very team that started it all, Colin Chapman's original Team Lotus.

Link: F1 Livery Histories: LOTUS

^ Here is the link to the first episode. Hope you will enjoy :-)
Last edited by F1 Livery Histories on 18 Jun 2018, 13:03, edited 5 times in total.
WaffleCat

Re: F1 Livery Histories

Post by WaffleCat »

Good job on the video, especially with the editing, something I find most F1 YouTube content to lack.

Also, your link was kinda off in your post, so I fixed it. Here's the link to the video.

Just remember to use the following format next time you post links here:

Code: Select all

[url=your_url_here.com]Text here[/url]
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Great job. You're amongst major geeks here, so if you need any assistance in not missing one-offs (e.g. McLaren's Löwenbräu sponsorship in 1980 or Ligier's Gitanes "art car" of late 1993), one of us is bound to mention it.

Maybe you could do another Lotus video with all the private entries at some stage in the future?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
F1 Livery Histories

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it!

And many more thanks for the advice on how to post video links correctly, I've fixed the link in the OP.

I definitely appreciate the fact I am amongst F1 geeks here on GP rejects. I have a lot of respect for this forum & consider the posting quality on here to be nothing short of excellent. I have long visited this site & have enjoyed not only the forum content, but also the the articles found here, ever since the site was called F1 rejects. I certainly hope anyone who stumbles along this video series on GP rejects enjoys it, as I am having fun making these videos.

Yeah, I was kind of fortunate that Team Lotus didn't have all that many one-off liveries, which made the research a little easier. Some other teams, Tyrrell for example (video coming soon), required a lot more research due to a constant fluctuation of sponsors.

Taking a look at Lotus cars entered by privateers over the years sounds like a great idea too.
F1 Livery Histories

The second instalment in the series. This time on the cheery & colourful Benetton team.

Link: F1 Livery Histories: BENETTON

Hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did creating it :dance:
Last edited by F1 Livery Histories on 12 Feb 2018, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
F1 Livery Histories

Episode three covers one of my favourite teams over the years, Tyrrell.

Link:F1 Livery Histories: TYRRELL
F1 Livery Histories

Hi everyone, I'm back with episode 4. A short, but sweet video on Stewart Grand Prix.

Link:F1 Livery Histories: STEWART
Last edited by F1 Livery Histories on 02 Jun 2018, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
F1 Livery Histories

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share with you the most recent instalments to the series for anyone who feels like kicking back and reliving those retro liveries.

Link: F1 Livery Histories: WILLIAMS

Link: F1 Livery Histories: ARROWS

Peace!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I've just been catching up on these - and surely Jordan will be in the pipeline at some stage...

Incidentally, the link to the Stewart video is broken, so here's where you should go instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayQBOqYGPs
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
F1 Livery Histories

dinizintheoven wrote:I've just been catching up on these - and surely Jordan will be in the pipeline at some stage...

Incidentally, the link to the Stewart video is broken, so here's where you should go instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayQBOqYGPs

Oh yes, can't have a youtube channel on F1 liveries without a special video on Jordan!

And thanks for fixing up that Stewart link, unfortunately the video had been blocked by F1 management & I had to re-upload it. However, since then, the video has been blocked again for a second time. Only problem is I don't know which part of the video is triggering FOM to flag the video. It's weird because none of my other videos have been touched despite being chock full of F1 content.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Best thing to do is upload these to more than one site. Dailymotion and Vimeo, at the very least, and anything else that doesn't have excessive interference - minds.com accepts videos, and there's always Bitchute.
F1 Livery Histories

Nice, thanks DITO. I think I might just do that.

I was also thinking of re-uploading the Stewart video to youtube, but mirroring some of the footage to try. Hopefully that will help.
F1 Livery Histories

Popping in once again to share the latest videos the channel has to offer. This time I cover Bernie's team & the little yellow teapots.

F1 Livery Histories: BRABHAM

F1 Livery Histories: RENAULT
F1 Livery Histories

Hello again. I'm back with yet another video. This one covers mighty Jordan. F1 needs an Irish team again.

F1 Livery Histories: JORDAN
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

These have started coming up on my YouTube recommendations now. I saw this one before it was even posted here!
Aguvazk

Post by Aguvazk »

dinizintheoven wrote:These have started coming up on my YouTube recommendations now. I saw this one before it was even posted here!

Yes! Me too.

We need the Minardi video (and in some lesser extender, the Sauber one)

Keep it UP!

Ps,: In case if you are doing the Minardi video, i could share some data for the, i asume, obscure sponsor from Argentina in the 98 livery (i dont remember so much about the 00 livery)
I'm not a serious person
F1 Livery Histories

Thanks guys!

Yes, lots of people have been requesting Minardi, so I will be doing them very soon.

I'd be happy to receive any information you have on Minardi's '98 sponsors. Thank you, I appreciate any help I can get.
Aguvazk

Post by Aguvazk »

F1 Livery Histories wrote:Thanks guys!

Yes, lots of people have been requesting Minardi, so I will be doing them very soon.

I'd be happy to receive any information you have on Minardi's '98 sponsors. Thank you, I appreciate any help I can get.

Ok, give me an e-mail adress and i send some info for you. :ugeek:
I'm not a serious person
F1 Livery Histories

Aguvazk wrote:
F1 Livery Histories wrote:Thanks guys!

Ok, give me an e-mail adress and i send some info for you. :ugeek:

Cheers Aguvazk. My email address is [email protected].

In the meantime here is the latest feature in the series, a video on Toyota. Hopefully we'll see them return to the F1 grid one day. I think given the right circumstances they could be dynamite in F1.

Link: F1 Livery Histories: TOYOTA
F1 Livery Histories

And here it is, the long-awaited Minardi video! Let us celebrate the life span if everyone's favourite underdog team, who are not actually classified as a "reject" team. And rightly so.

F1 Livery Histories: MINARDI
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I've just seen the latest one of these, and it'll be very popular here...
F1 Livery Histories

dinizintheoven wrote:I've just seen the latest one of these, and it'll be very popular here...

Glad to see these videos are reaching people before I post in here! Yes, that's right, I recently covered my first reject team. Please allow me to update the thread with all the latest videos.

F1 Livery Histories: SAUBER

F1 Livery Histories: MANOR
F1 Livery Histories

Hey everyone, yet another video in the series has been released.

F1 Livery Histories: B.R.M.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Good these are being posted here too, funnily enough I stumbled across this series recently on a completely separate corner of the internet. Top work.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the Stanley-BRM P207 was the best-looking car of the 1970s (a decade not known for its aesthetics, mind) - just a dreadful tragedy that it was such an utter lemon. It couldn't even compete in the Aurora AFX series...
F1 Livery Histories

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Good these are being posted here too, funnily enough I stumbled across this series recently on a completely separate corner of the internet. Top work.

Thanks mate, I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Do you happen to have any requests for future videos?
F1 Livery Histories

dinizintheoven wrote:I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the Stanley-BRM P207 was the best-looking car of the 1970s (a decade not known for its aesthetics, mind) - just a dreadful tragedy that it was such an utter lemon. It couldn't even compete in the Aurora AFX series...

Quite shapely isn't it? I'm not the biggest fan of the sky blue + white colour scheme, but the bodywork (and the fact it ran with BRM V12 power) was simply superb.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

These are great! Thank you for making them and sharing them!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
RonDenisDeletraz

F1 Livery Histories wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Good these are being posted here too, funnily enough I stumbled across this series recently on a completely separate corner of the internet. Top work.

Thanks mate, I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Do you happen to have any requests for future videos?

For the record, that was me who suggested Larousse on another forum as a possibility
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
F1 Livery Histories

Faustus wrote:These are great! Thank you for making them and sharing them!

Thank you! Glad to hear you're enjoying the series.
F1 Livery Histories

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:

For the record, that was me who suggested Larousse on another forum as a possibility

Ah, I see. Good areas, good areas. ;-)

You'll be glad to know Larrousse is in production & will indeed be next. I learnt about a whole lot of weird situations when doing my research for this video. Let's just say Larrousse are no strangers when it comes to associating with murderers & felons.
RonDenisDeletraz

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
F1 Livery Histories wrote:Thanks mate, I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Do you happen to have any requests for future videos?

Ah, I see. Good areas, good areas. ;-)

You'll be glad to know Larrousse is in production & will indeed be next. I learnt about a whole lot of weird situations when doing my research for this video. Let's just say Larrousse are no strangers when it comes to associating with murderers & felons.

Yeah, they certainly had some colourful characters involved over the years. Looking forward to it.

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

F1 Livery Histories wrote:Ah, I see. Good areas, good areas. ;-)

Bowling, Shane!

I'll bet your name is actually Shane. Or maybe Mitchell. It seems everyone in Australia is called Shane or Mitchell these days.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
F1 Livery Histories wrote:Ah, I see. Good areas, good areas. ;-)

Bowling, Shane!

I'll bet your name is actually Shane. Or maybe Mitchell. It seems everyone in Australia is called Shane or Mitchell these days.

Or Kylie or Danni...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:It seems everyone in Australia is called Shane or Mitchell these days.

Or Kylie

I'll say his name is Jason...
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
F1 Livery Histories

And here it is, the wild ride that is Larrousse! Fun video to make.

F1 Livery Histories: LARROUSSE
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

F1 Livery Histories wrote:And here it is, the wild ride that is Larrousse! Fun video to make.

F1 Livery Histories: LARROUSSE

Do miss those wacky early 1990's liveries like Larrouse, Lola or that Ligier 'end of season special edition' all from 1993.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Larrousse managed to make a car with a wacky livery even when they forgot to build half of it, like their first two seasons. What was it with those early post-turbo late 80s atmo cars and their lack of bodywork over the engine?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dinizintheoven wrote:Larrousse managed to make a car with a wacky livery even when they forgot to build half of it, like their first two seasons. What was it with those early post-turbo late 80s atmo cars and their lack of bodywork over the engine?

Less weight? However since it costed in aerodynamics i'm not sure if that was the right thing. I suppose you got to ask one of those designers.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
F1 Livery Histories

Yeah, weight reduction might have been behind the thinking for that. Possibly engine temperature reasons as well.