Ferrari / Lamborghini Museums

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Barbazza

Ferrari / Lamborghini Museums

Post by Barbazza »

I will be in Italy in September and for a few days we will be based in Bologna. Obviously I would love to see the Ferrari Museums - there are 2, one in Modena and the other in Maranello - and while the Lamborghini one is annoyingly a bit out of the way I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't get to see the 91 Lambo.

Has anyone been? Wondering mainly whether it's worth doing both Ferrari museums and the best way to get to them all. Any advice would be welcome.
girry

Re: Ferrari / Lamborghini Museums

Post by girry »

I did visit the Enzo museum in Modena earlier this year, it definitely is worth going even if it had just two F1 cars on display. Walking distance from the train station, it's easy to get there from Bologna.

Iirc Ferrari sell fairly affordable tour packages that involve the bus ride between their 2 museums as well as the Pavarotti museum, as well as tickets for all.

Book the *entire* day if you plan to visit more than one museum - I will have to go back to see Maranello and the Lambo museum some other day because I didn't have that luxury!
when you're dead people start listening
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

giraurd wrote:I did visit the Enzo museum in Modena earlier this year, it definitely is worth going even if it had just two F1 cars on display. Walking distance from the train station, it's easy to get there from Bologna.

Iirc Ferrari sell fairly affordable tour packages that involve the bus ride between their 2 museums as well as the Pavarotti museum, as well as tickets for all.

Book the *entire* day if you plan to visit more than one museum - I will have to go back to see Maranello and the Lambo museum some other day because I didn't have that luxury!

Thanks for the advice. Having looked at the map and realised that there isn't *that* much at the Lambo museum - not even a shop or anywhere to eat & drink apparently - I've concluded that, reluctantly, it will have to wait for another time. But I think we are going to do both Ferrari museums as we've put aside a day to be in Modena.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Hi ,
A few years ago (4 or 5) I went to Maranello Museo Ferrari - and it had lots of Ferrari F1 cars , quite a few others and was well worth it...and everyone said I should have gone on the factory tour as well. Nevertheless , it was well worth a visit. But very busy (August) !
The Lambo museum - I really enjoyed that last year. There arent a huge number of cars, but I went by bus from Bologna ( not too difficult) and its quite cheap. Not crowded either, when I went in May. The tiny town it is next to is actually quite pretty - but typical for the area. They had a Senna exhibition when I went - which had some interesting cars, and I thought it was worth a visit ( it really wasnt too far from Bologna) .Again - I didnt do a factory tour, but that might well be worth it.
Lambo museum had a very reasonably priced vending machine- for water
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...