Martin Donnelly Faces Possible Amputation

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Bobby Doorknobs

Martin Donnelly Faces Possible Amputation

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Martin Donnelly has suffered another critical leg injury while partaking in a charity bike ride. The good news is that his life is not in any immediate danger this time. The bad news: he could lose his left leg.

Jonathan Lewis has started a fundraiser to support Martin, which I'll leave here:

Fundraiser

Motor Sport Magazine article with more information
#FreeGonzo
Rob Dylan

Re: Martin Donnelly Faces Possible Amputation

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poor man, and I'm glad to see so many people have already sent in money for the fundraiser. And if it couldn't get any more tragic, it was of course during a charity event that it happened.

Here's wishing him the speediest recovery.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
F1 Livery Histories

Post by F1 Livery Histories »

Definitely wishing Martin all the best!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Martin has to wait for another 4 months before knowing for certain one way or another whether he'll lose his leg.

https://www.autosport.com/national/news ... n-keep-leg
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA