Beyond the Grid Podcast - Mario Andretti

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Jops

Beyond the Grid Podcast - Mario Andretti

Post by Jops »

Was wondering if anyone else listens to this podcast and caught this episode?

Was really fascinating listening to Mario talk about this career, always wonder what more he could have done in F1 if he'd committed more to it, incredible talent and legend.

Also found it fascinating listening to his Opinions of Michael and Marco.
Michael in that he thinks he was quicker than himself and could have won had he stuck it out, apparently never got to test or get used to the car and quit when it was hard.

On Marco: "I wanted everything and was told I couldn't have it... he had everything and it was, if you want it there it is, he likes it, but I wonder how much he loves driving"
Rob Dylan

Re: Beyond the Grid Podcast - Mario Andretti

Post by Rob Dylan »

I didn't even though this podcast exists. An episode a week every week, each around an hour or longer? Hey, if the quality is good I have a new thing to listen to on my commute :shock: I will give the Andretti one a listen first.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I started to listen only a while ago and decided to listen them in order. Prost was the latest one I listened.
Jops

Post by Jops »

Well glad I could pass it on! Personal favourites so far have been Button, Herbert, Di Montezemolo, Maldonado, R Schumacher & Murray Walker - but they are all generally really fascinating
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I jump around. The Murray Walker and Stenier episodes were fantastic, but Gordon Murray is still probably my favorite.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell