Reject Connections: Big Car's Tata Nano Story

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dinizintheoven

Reject Connections: Big Car's Tata Nano Story

Post by dinizintheoven »

At least now that GPR has been restored, I can start posting bits and pieces that may be of interest. First of all, "The Tata Nano Story" from Big Car on YouTube, who's been making video-histories of cars he considers interesting for almost two years now, and has been a much-needed source of entertainment during the last few months of house arrest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSoejz8CbI

Watch it and see if you can spot the Reject Connection. As a hint, it's nothing to do with Karun Chandhok, non-reject Narain Karthikeyan, Vijay Mallaya, Force India, the Buddh International Circuit or any other Indian connection to F1 you may be able to think of.
tBone

Re: Reject Connections: Big Car's Tata Nano Story

Post by tBone »

Without re-watching the video (and while having a sloppy memory), is the connection Tata > Jaguar > Antonio Pizzonia/Justin Wilson/Luciano Burti?
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

tBone wrote:Without re-watching the video (and while having a sloppy memory), is the connection Tata > Jaguar > Antonio Pizzonia/Justin Wilson/Luciano Burti?

Tata sponsored Narain Karthikeyan, and thus also HRT.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tBone

Post by tBone »

This wrote:
tBone wrote:Without re-watching the video (and while having a sloppy memory), is the connection Tata > Jaguar > Antonio Pizzonia/Justin Wilson/Luciano Burti?

Tata sponsored Narain Karthikeyan, and thus also HRT.

I missed the sarcasm in your original post and now I feel stupid.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

It's rather more obscure than that. But if you want a clue, go back and read my AGS profile - now that it's possible to do so again!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Clearly none of you are going to get it. Start the video at 12:32 - https://youtu.be/tpSoejz8CbI?t=752

Motor Development International, who were trying to build a car that ran on compressed air, were Guy Nègre's chief project after he abandoned the idea of making W12 racing engines. If the MGN W12 hadn't been conclusive proof that he was a dreamer who had very little grounding in practical reality, then this really put the biscuit crumbs in the bed. Years and years and years of research couldn't force him to draw the conclusion that compressed air powered cars were premium multigrade snake oil.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"