Carlos Reutemann - 1942-2021

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dinizintheoven

Carlos Reutemann - 1942-2021

Post by dinizintheoven »

Sir Frank Williams, somehow, just goes stomping on (metaphorically speaking) - but one of his former drivers no longer does.

Carlos Reutemann has died aged 79 from... a whole list of complications from an intestinal haemorrhage a couple of months ago. And I'm sure I remember reading about that, round about the time there'd been another significant death in the motorsport world (which could well have been Max Mosley), so it's not entirely come as a surprise.

A Reject he was certainly not - 12 wins in 10-and-a-bit seasons with Brabham, Ferrari, Lotus and Williams (so all the heavyweights of his era bar McLaren, then) and an almost-World Championship lost in 1981 by the barest of all margins... though maybe the way he quit early in 1982 could be deemed rejectful.

Adios, and all that. Expect a statement of some sort from Williams - they didn't forget about Patrick Nève, after all.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Bleu

Re: Carlos Reutemann - 1942-2021

Post by Bleu »

Williams had this statement on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/stat ... 4878778369