F1 Songbook

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Songbook

Post by shinji »

Phoenix wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
Phoenix wrote:HWNSNBM was ALWAYS special.

My parents' friends have a son who is special. We never mention it. :roll:

Special in what way?

I'm guessing he means 'special needs'.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Eeerm...well, we were talking about HWNSNBM, right?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Phoenix wrote:Eeerm...well, we were talking about HWNSNBM, right?

Nope. Carlos' parents friends' son.

Though of course HWNSNBM has special needs, nothing can handle how awesome he is.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:

Though of course HWNSNBM has special needs, nothing can handle how awesome he is.

I don't know anything about Carlos, his life and/or his friends, so I'll stick with our beloved leader, Santa Claus. How does he manage to make his stags go so fast? Do they use double diffusers?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:

I don't know anything about Carlos, his life and/or his friends, so I'll stick with our beloved leader, Santa Claus. How does he manage to make his stags go so fast? Do they use double diffusers?

If he does, it would explain Christmas's lack of overtaking.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I don't know anything about Carlos, his life and/or his friends, so I'll stick with our beloved leader, Santa Claus. How does he manage to make his stags go so fast? Do they use double diffusers?

If he does, it would explain Christmas's lack of overtaking.

What lack of overtaking? My school bus driver was powersliding** through snow drifts to pass ailing cars. The rear end took a breif detour through a hedge, but hey, I'm here aren't I?*

*This is why touring cars are better than F1 - they bash into each other constantly and still finish the damn race.
**No kidding, he was actually powersliding a 40ft service bus round corners...he's bathplugging nuts.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I'm glad I mentioned the boy with the mental handicap. It created a nice amount of slight misunderstandings and ended up with mention of a power sliding bus. Butterfly effect.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

CarlosFerreira wrote:I'm glad I mentioned the boy with the mental handicap. It created a nice amount of slight misunderstandings and ended up with mention of a power sliding bus. Butterfly effect.

What happens if I mention my sister with the mental handicap?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Klon wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:I'm glad I mentioned the boy with the mental handicap. It created a nice amount of slight misunderstandings and ended up with mention of a power sliding bus. Butterfly effect.

I learn I have something in common with you other than being an F1 Rejects fan.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Klon wrote:

You'll make me feel ever so slightly stupid and embarrassed. And I will shut up, go away, and hope you don't think badly of me for too long. :|
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:
Klon wrote:

And then, by the time I read this, I really feel stupid. :|
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
shinji wrote:
Klon wrote:

And then, by the time I read this, I really feel stupid. :|

Not to be insensitive or anything, but it's only Shinji...
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

thehemogoblin wrote:Not to be insensitive or anything, but it's only Shinji...

Any sentence that starts: 'not to be insensitive or anything' is probably pretty insensitive...
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Guys, I pretty much messed this one up. Let's please go back on topic, I sincerely apologise.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Guys, I pretty much messed this one up. Let's please go back on topic, I sincerely apologise.

Ditto:
For Brawn (now Mercedes), Right here, right now by Fatboy Slim.
madcat

Post by madcat »

Where the drivers have no names - U2 (for USF1)
As i looked at my naked body in the mirror, i thought to myself,
"I'm going to get thrown out of Ikea any minute.".
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

You give drivers a bad name - Bon Jovi feat. Piquet Jr.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

(Flavio) There's No Home for You Here - The White Stripes and the F1 Establishment

Edit - Putting on a CD to iTunes, I found a song that sums up Flav and Piquet's relationship; Tweeter and the Monkey Man by the Traveling Wilburys.
Fred Mayo

Post by Fred Mayo »

Working on a Dream - Bruce Springsteen feat. Zoran Stefanovic
rogerrayenz

Post by rogerrayenz »

thanks brother for sharing a knowledge about those great songs some of those i had never heard but thanks to you for given the list of such a great song i enjoyed it the most as my favorites are of SNOW PATROL i loved them the most i had ever heard some time i think that why we all used to call such a great anthems as a song that like we are insulting the great passion of the singer and the best sports please think for that and let the change happen
after all nothing is ordinary about that great sport so how can be songs for the game are be just a song as they contains the passion for speed with in themselves
thanks and good luck
welcome 2010
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

rogerrayenz wrote:thanks brother for sharing a knowledge about those great songs some of those i had never heard but thanks to you for given the list of such a great song i enjoyed it the most as my favorites are of SNOW PATROL i loved them the most i had ever heard some time i think that why we all used to call such a great anthems as a song that like we are insulting the great passion of the singer and the best sports please think for that and let the change happen
after all nothing is ordinary about that great sport so how can be songs for the game are be just a song as they contains the passion for speed with in themselves
thanks and good luck

There's this wonderful new invention called a 'full stop', maybe you should look in to using it some time.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Not sure what's more embarassing, the love for Snow Patrol or the terrible punctuation.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

On another note Carlos and Phoenix I'm not at all offended by you mentioning special needs, I went to a special needs school till the age of 8 because of speech difficulties and I found it pretty funny how we got from special needs to a power sliding bus. On a thread about songs in F1.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Debaser wrote:On another note Carlos and Phoenix I'm not at all offended by you mentioning special needs, I went to a special needs school till the age of 8 because of speech difficulties and I found it pretty funny how we got from special needs to a power sliding bus. On a thread about songs in F1.

Neither was I. I just found it funny that Phoenix got so confused.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

rogerrayenz wrote:thanks brother for sharing a knowledge about those great songs some of those i had never heard but thanks to you for given the list of such a great song i enjoyed it the most as my favorites are of SNOW PATROL i loved them the most i had ever heard some time i think that why we all used to call such a great anthems as a song that like we are insulting the great passion of the singer and the best sports please think for that and let the change happen
thanks and good luck

The Importance of Correct Punctuation

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever.When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,Gloria
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

dr-baker wrote:
thanks and good luck

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever.When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,Gloria

I love that.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Thanks shinji. It isn't my invention though - it appears in English grammer and punctuation books (like Lynne Truss's "Eats, Shoots and Leaves") and this I copied and pasted from an email. And I've just realised that there were other posts between the post I quoted and my post.... Ooooppppps. :?

Debaser wrote: I'm not at all offended by you mentioning special needs, I went to a special needs school till the age of 8 because of speech difficulties

So did I and now I look after special needs kids for a living. Not well-paid but I enjoy it. And I found nothing offensive in this thread. :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:
Debaser wrote:On another note Carlos and Phoenix I'm not at all offended by you mentioning special needs, I went to a special needs school till the age of 8 because of speech difficulties and I found it pretty funny how we got from special needs to a power sliding bus. On a thread about songs in F1.

Neither was I. I just found it funny that Phoenix got so confused.

I just thought Carlos's boy was special in the meaning it was very intelligent, or very dumb, or things like that.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I find it hilarious the powersliding bus post is directly connected to special needs anyway.

Image Image
madcat

Post by madcat »

shinji wrote:
thanks and good luck

There's this wonderful new invention called a 'full stop', maybe you should look in to using it some time.

Maybe just before the word "thanks" and not bother with the rest?
As i looked at my naked body in the mirror, i thought to myself,
"I'm going to get thrown out of Ikea any minute.".
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I got dizzy trying to read that.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Chasing Cars was used in the first F1 montage on the BBC's new coverage for 2009, a wide array of the machinery used from the past 60 years, with David Coulthard reading his first TV lines.

Chasing Cars was also used for the farewell montage of V8 Supercars on Network Ten, rather poignant, having started watching the V8s in 2003, the 2002 season was one I wanted to see after all the doom and gloom of the Ferrari domination (wonder how it was for non-british F1 fans in 1992, I'm guessing a German's domination in an Italian team with a French boss was a "payback" moment in 2002). I enjoyed 2003 very much, a welcome relief from all the idiocy that was happening in F1 at the time.

I will get round to finding links to many tunes I have on Apple's behemoth, and post them up in a new board called "The Soundtrack to F1" either as a kind of "Movie" soundtrack or just a compilation that Bernie Palpatine could take hold of and strangle.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:
thanks and good luck

Dear John:
Gloria

Dear John:
Yours,Gloria

This is going to get printed and posted on my wall at work.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I once invented an entire F1 movie in my sleep...with sountrack in the background and everything. I can only remember little bits of it but trust me, it was epic. It was like watching a proper movie.
If I could remember the whole thing in detail and had the ability to make a scrpit out of it I'd be a multi-millionare Hollywood director by now.

In laymans terms, its a (financially) poor teenager with aspergers syndrome who has devoted his entire life to racing since he was a little kid, doesn't really understand how the world works, but catches a lucky break in a local stock car race, annihilates everybody in it, catches a major F1 team boss' attention, rises very quickly through the ranks, jumps into F1 a couple of races into a season and takes the sport by storm. Comes to the last race a point behind a Senna-esque driver, has the lead but hs to defend for his life, and basically a copy of Kobayashi on Nakajima occurs (strangely also at Interlagos, but at the first time), when new boy tries an idiotic block and ends up killing this F1 superstar for years. Descends into a spiral of doom, bust-ups (I think something to do with almost killing his brother came up), drug dealing, alcoholism, etc etc (This section of the film is a bit of a blur if you see what I mean).
Then it jumps something like 10-15 years in the future, where he has been long forgotten, and has a mediocre job, house, etc but meets this one former fan at a local bar...they talk and talk and is eventually persuaded into entering a little race...which he wins. The media interest returns so he hides again...but eventually comes back again. And it follows on from there
The penultimate scene is played out to Snow Patrol's Open Your Eyes, which is a partial re-run of the opening scene, where he is lying on his bed, thinking about how great his life would be in F1. It then cuts back to the 'present' and how well things are going again, and he feels like he really is on top of the world again. Until, at the final race, where he is just a single point behind some new rising star going into the last race at Interlagos, he is trying like hell to pass this newbie to take his first world championship. He tries a stupid lunge into Turn 1...smashes his car to pieces...and dies as a result. Last 17s of song is watching the crash happen...
The final scene is played out to Car Crash/Requiem by Antonio Pinto, with medical teams trying to save him, the whole scene is in slow motion and blurred, with the main charachter voicing over with a monologue reflecting on 'the end of the road'.

Final line is deliberately mangled and non-sensical because well...it reflects the main charachter :D

But back on topic, the soundtrack to said movie goes something like:
1. Franz Ferdinand - 40' [Opening credits]
2. Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart
3. Moby - One Of These Mornings (Original)
4. Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
5. Crystal Method - Now Is The Time
6. Kasabian - Underdog
7. Ulrich Schnauss - Clear Day
8. Boom Boom Satellites - Push Eject
9. Groove Armada - Blame it on the Sun
10. Killers - Human
11. Lange feat. The Morrighan - Follow Me
12. Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes
13. Antonio Pinto - Requiem

Sorry for the boringly long post, but it's friday and the damn weather means I can't go anywhere :lol:
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 11 Feb 2010, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

That's pretty awesome. No, scratch that, it's extremely awesome. You might be able to make a script out of it, if you perhaps just added a bit at a time, as the ideas came to you.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:That's pretty awesome. No, scratch that, it's extremely awesome. You might be able to make a script out of it, if you perhaps just added a bit at a time, as the ideas came to you.

I would, but unfortunately I have an IQ of about 7 and can't do English for sh*t. :D

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

you don't need english, write a book about it in your language, then the rest will follow, you will get rich, and you will give 5% of your richdom to other F1 reject-forumers and 5% into the website itself :P
F1 rejects forum will then worship a certain hungarian driver who had no importance in your movie, and was only in it for 5 seconds :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

This wrote:you don't need english, write a book about it in your language, then the rest will follow, you will get rich, and you will give 5% of your richdom to other F1 reject-forumers and 5% into the website itself :P
F1 rejects forum will then worship a certain hungarian driver who had no importance in your movie, and was only in it for 5 seconds :P

His language is English. That's what they speak in Scotland... ;)
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
This wrote:you don't need english, write a book about it in your language, then the rest will follow, you will get rich, and you will give 5% of your richdom to other F1 reject-forumers and 5% into the website itself :P

kostas22 wrote:I would, but unfortunately I have an IQ of about 7 and can't do English for sh*t. :D

i'm just answering to what he said dude :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

This wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

kostas22 wrote:I would, but unfortunately I have an IQ of about 7 and can't do English for sh*t. :D

i'm just answering to what he said dude :P

I know. :P
Stay home, Colin Kolles!