PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

PMMF Planning Thread

Post by ADx_Wales »

Previously known as the FORCWSOGMM Thread (The Formula One Rejects Community Whole-Sort-Of-General-Mish-Mash Thread)

In a World of Parallel Universes and Alternate Dimentions, it is a Whole-Sort-Of-General-Mish-Mash, and so the campaign for real-time, in association with megadodo publications and also the supercomputer Eddie, we present this thread to those with the great Ideas, and indeed the great microsoft office excel files, all those years where F1 could have run their championship THIS way or That way, things like:

- Alternate points systems
- Upside down championships
- Removal of champion when crowned for the next season
- The Knockout formats

It also has the purpose of servicing as the preliminary virtual series planning thread, where you can ask around if people actually have interest in your proposed idea
Last edited by Nuppiz on 21 Apr 2013, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to reflect new purpose
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
CarlosFerreira

Re: FORCWSOGMM Thread

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I'm wondering, should we merge all the gaming championships into this thread? It'll read like a very weird Autosport of sorts.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

CarlosFerreira wrote:I'm wondering, should we merge all the gaming championships into this thread? It'll read like a very weird Autosport of sorts.

Eh, if it's not too much trouble, I'd make a subforum or something.

I'm still planning out my reject Nascar 2010 season starring Giovanni Lavaggi, Sakon Yamamoto, and Gaston Mazzacane.
coops

Post by coops »

EWATA!!!!
(Enough With All The Acronyms!!!!) :lol:
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

GP1/Formula Elaborate Bluff – 2010

1st March 2010
Get ready to start your engines as the inaugural season of the World Grand Prix Championship starts in only a weeks’ time. 15 different car manufactures with teams of two drivers will make up the grid for this season.

The calendar for the season looks like this.
7 March Buenos Aires Argentina
21 March Mexico City Mexico
11 April Jerez Spain
25 April Portimao Portugal
2 May Imola San Marino
23 May Monte Carlo Monaco
6 June Montreal Canada
13 June Indianapolis United States
11 July Silverstone United Kingdom
25 July Magny-Cours France
15 August Laustizring Germany
29 August Helsinki Finland
12 September Monza Italy
26 September Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
10 October Marina Bay Singapore
24 October Suzuka Japan
7 November Adelaide Australia

There is a rather impressive driver line-up for this season which includes a who’s who of racing drivers.

Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Felipe Massa
Mercedes
3. Michael Schumacher
4. Gary Paffett
Renault
5. Romain Grosjean
6. Vitaly Petrov
BMW
7. Nick Heidfeld
8. Christian Klien
Proton/Lotus
9. Heikki Kovalainen
10. Fairuz Fauzy
Aston Martin
11. Adam Carroll
12. Vanina Ickx
Honda
13. Takuma Sato
14. Anthony Davidson
Fiat
15. Giancarlo Fisichella
16. Luca Badoer
Peugeot
17. Sebastien Bourdais
18. Stephane Sarrazin
Toyota
19. Kazuki Nakajima
20. Ralf Schumacher
Tata
21. Karun Chandhok
22. Narain Karthaikain
Volkswagen
23. Nico Hulkenberg
24. Jean Eric Vergne
General Motors
25. Juan Pablo Montoya
26. Jonathon Summerton
Great Wall Motors
27. Ho Pin Tung
28. Cong Fu “Frankie” Cheng
Citroen
29. Kimi Raikonnen
30. Franck Montagny
This is a cool spot.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

MinardiFan95 wrote:
7 March Buenos Aires Argentina
21 March Mexico City Mexico
11 April Jerez Spain
25 April Portimao Portugal
15 August Laustizring Germany
29 August Helsinki Finland
7 November Adelaide Australia

Proton/Lotus
10. Fairuz Fauzy
Aston Martin
11. Adam Carroll
12. Vanina Ickx
Honda
13. Takuma Sato
Fiat
16. Luca Badoer
Peugeot
18. Stephane Sarrazin
Tata
21. Karun Chandhok
22. Narain Karthaikain
General Motors
25. Juan Pablo Montoya
26. Jonathon Summerton
Great Wall Motors
27. Ho Pin Tung
28. Cong Fu “Frankie” Cheng

Bucket full o'win, that is.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

ADx_Wales wrote:...in association with megadodo publications and also the supercomputer Eddie...

*Ticker-tape* *Ticker-tape*

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm still surprised that I would find Hitchhiker's Guide references on an F1 forum :lol:
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

It is indeed weird that an F1 forum could inspire me to re-read it. For about the fourth time. Good work!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
coops

Post by coops »

Rocks with Salt wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:...in association with megadodo publications and also the supercomputer Eddie...

*Ticker-tape* *Ticker-tape*
Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm still surprised that I would find Hitchhiker's Guide references on an F1 forum :lol:

He has form.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3559&start=90
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Im making that list with all f1 seasons with the point system of 2010.
I don't look at half points or what so ever.

But it is a hard job :( and also a big one

Im now at the 1978 season and Andretti would'nt be a champion at all !!
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

f1-gast wrote:Im making that list with all f1 seasons with the point system of 2010.
I don't look at half points or what so ever.

But it is a hard job :( and also a big one

Im now at the 1978 season and Andretti would'nt be a champion at all !!

How about creating a thread for it? I wanted to keep this thread for the games' championships.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

This IS where he should put those series because its "Alternate", the games thread was the FORCDA thread :)
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Has there been an alternative championship with all the race winners in F1 history taken out?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Warren Hughes wrote:Has there been an alternative championship with all the race winners in F1 history taken out?

I wanted it to be surprise for the start of it, but that's what I'll be doing next, after the medals are finished.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

tommykl wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:Has there been an alternative championship with all the race winners in F1 history taken out?

I wanted it to be surprise for the start of it, but that's what I'll be doing next, after the medals are finished.

Oh. I've already made the start of a spreadsheet for it, I've done the first 5 seasons. The only reason I didn't start a thread was in case it had already been done.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Since you've already started, I'll let you do it. If anyone has any suggestions, put them down here, and it'll be the next thing I start.

thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

tommykl wrote:Since you've already started, I'll let you do it. If anyone has any suggestions, put them down here, and it'll be the next thing I start.

Disqualifying every driver in their home grand prix?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

OK.
I'm going to let you guys vote on this, and I'll be keeping track of the votes on here, with the most wanted alternate championship being used.

Votes
Taking out drivers from their home GPs: 2
Pre-1996 points multiplied by car numbers: 1
Non-Championship races count for points: 1
Reverse Championships (like SuperAguri) using qualifying results: 0
Last edited by tommykl on 08 Jan 2011, 11:02, edited 10 times in total.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

How about the number of points scored multiplied by their car number? With the current car numbering system, the less-successful teams have higher car numbers, and as for them, scoring points is more of an achievement, having this as a positive handicap may be intersting. And if they are not able to score points at all during a season, maybe they don't deserve them anyway...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I quite like the taking drivers out of their home GP idea, except that it'll be a big advantage for the likes of Kimi Raikkonen and Jack Brabham.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Is that a vote I see? Please tell if you are submitting a vote.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I prefer the points multiplied by car number myself. If it's okay, I could do whichever alternate championship you don't.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:How about the number of points scored multiplied by their car number? With the current car numbering system, the less-successful teams have higher car numbers, and as for them, scoring points is more of an achievement, having this as a positive handicap may be intersting. And if they are not able to score points at all during a season, maybe they don't deserve them anyway...

Brawn GP wins by a few million.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

thehemogoblin wrote:
dr-baker wrote:How about the number of points scored multiplied by their car number? With the current car numbering system, the less-successful teams have higher car numbers, and as for them, scoring points is more of an achievement, having this as a positive handicap may be intersting. And if they are not able to score points at all during a season, maybe they don't deserve them anyway...

Brawn GP wins by a few million.

Also McLaren in 2008, it occurs to me. Also Ferrari pretty much from 1981 to 1995, assuming we're doing pre-1996.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The car number thing was something I was going to do myself, but only 1996 onwards, but pre-1996 could be interesting... and hard work in the days when car numbers per entrant would be different from race-to-race (at least, it was in the 1950's wasn't it?)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Maybe for "mutiply points by car numbers", for pre-1996 you could work out what teams should have had what numbers if they had started the numbering system earlier, especially from 1981 onwards when there were hardly any third cars and privateer teams to mess things up. :)

I know Ferrari would have had 20 and 21 in 1981.......
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Well, with the old numbers, some GPs had different schemes (coincidentally, the best ones (Monaco, Germany, Italy)), and numbers increased by 2, sometimes the numbers started from 100, etc.
The drivers were given numbers according to the order the entered the race.
Later on, the top-5 or 10 in the championship were given numbers according to their championship position, then by order of entry.
So usually, the best still had lower numbers.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:Well, with the old numbers, some GPs had different schemes (coincidentally, the best ones (Monaco, Germany, Italy)), and numbers increased by 2, sometimes the numbers started from 100, etc.
The drivers were given numbers according to the order the entered the race.
Later on, the top-5 or 10 in the championship were given numbers according to their championship position, then by order of entry.
So usually, the best still had lower numbers.

It's something that I'll work on over the next few weeks, after I return from my holiday (maybe). And I would rather not do 1993 or 1994 - I would not like to see Damon score wins and get zero credit for it!
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

If you're doing it, then shall I remove that category from the poll?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:If you're doing it, then shall I remove that category from the poll?

Not yet. I'll let you know when I start it. If someone starts it before me, then I won't be disappointed.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

OK. So, if you don't start before I finish the medals one, it's OK if I start this one?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:OK. So, if you don't start before I finish the medals one, it's OK if I start this one?

OK.
MCard LOLA
James1978

Post by James1978 »

One I'm thinking of doing (after I finish the one for Number 2 drivers) is reversing the "previous champions are eliminated" one, where you'd work backwards from 2009, excluding whoever wins this year, then for 2008 excluding that driver plus Button, etc etc (but I think whoever had the original idea should have first claim to it).

Another one is simialr to the "No Real champions" one which is currently in progress, it would be "No Winning Constructors" where I would disqualify any team who have won a championship. Though there would be grey areas between old and new Lotus/Renault etc, and would Brawn in 2009 mean you;d have to disqualify BAR, and 06 - 08 Honda, and current Mercedes?
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

should I add that to the poll?

James1978

Post by James1978 »

Yes please (I think I'd prefer "Eliminate future champions" rather than "Eliminate winning constructors" though)!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'm also revealing a future project of mine: the F1 World Championship for Reject Teams, where teams such as Rial, Coloni, EuroBrun, AGS, Onyx, Osella and other vintage rejects like Connew, Lyncar, Token, Amon, Trojan, Connaught (and I could go on!) will fight for glory for once in their pitiful existance. Are you going to miss it? Stay tuned.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

No problem. Everyone, please cast your votes, you only have until the end of the current medals championship to do so!

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:
tommykl wrote:OK. So, if you don't start before I finish the medals one, it's OK if I start this one?

OK.

I've started with this. But someone could still run with this. Here's how. Obviously, this will rearrange the Constructors' Championship, thereby altering which numbers ought to go to which team. I will continue multiplying real-world scores by real-world car numbers; the other alternative would be to multiply real-world score by reallocated car numbers.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I'll remove it once you eventually start to post the results.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:I'll remove it once you eventually start to post the results.

1st results now posted in their own thread.
MCard LOLA