PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: FORCWSOGMM Thread

Post by Ataxia »

Yeah, it's intended to be about FR2.0 level.

It's all academic at the moment, as GP3 doesn't seem to be working with Win7. I'm trying to get help for it at the moment though...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'm in favour of a new feeder series, but I think that members that have teams in all 4 other series (i.e. me, Wizzie, AndreaModa, kostas etc.) shouldn't be allowed a team in this one (although a driver or two should be fine). It'll give a chance for those on the waiting lists to run a team.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Since ENB's been in the F1RWRS, the young driver program only stretches back to F2RWRS, so I wouldn't have a team there anyway, but I'll probably get a driver in there, maybe two.

Also, to make things more clear about virtual series, the ideal thing would be a subforum for each series, though I doubt that it would be very practical for Jamie...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:I'm in favour of a new feeder series, but I think that members that have teams in all 4 other series (i.e. me, Wizzie, AndreaModa, kostas etc.) shouldn't be allowed a team in this one (although a driver or two should be fine). It'll give a chance for those on the waiting lists to run a team.

I had a similar thing in mind for the "Technical F1" idea I wrote about here earlier. While prominent RWRS team owners wouldn't be banned completely from the series, non-F1RWRS team owners would be allowed to get a "head start" of, say, a week to make their choices before the current F1RWRS managers could come in and take whatever is left.

Now with single-make series, which is what this would be, it obviously wouldn't work, so I'm all for not allowing those who already have a teamin all RWRS series to get in here as well, unless the slots don't get filled otherwise.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Nuppiz wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:I'm in favour of a new feeder series, but I think that members that have teams in all 4 other series (i.e. me, Wizzie, AndreaModa, kostas etc.) shouldn't be allowed a team in this one (although a driver or two should be fine). It'll give a chance for those on the waiting lists to run a team.

I had a similar thing in mind for the "Technical F1" idea I wrote about here earlier. While prominent RWRS team owners wouldn't be banned completely from the series, non-F1RWRS team owners would be allowed to get a "head start" of, say, a week to make their choices before the current F1RWRS managers could come in and take whatever is left.

Before Wizzie came in and dominated the series using his extensive knowledge of GP2 despite never even touching the game before. :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

Before Wizzie came in and dominated the series using his extensive knowledge of GP2 despite never even touching the game before. :lol:

Well, Technical F1 would be run with F1 Challenge 99-02, so your GP2 knowledge wouldn't help you at all. :twisted:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

The only feeder series we really need would be FARWRS (Formula Atlantic Rejects World Racing Series) - that would offer something new, unlike a FF or Formula BMW series.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon wrote:The only feeder series we really need would be FARWRS (Formula Atlantic Rejects World Racing Series) - that would offer something new, unlike a FF or Formula BMW series.

Or, more to the point, FNRWRS (Formula Nippon Rejects World Race Series), with the opportunity to create our own GMIFNRWRSP by finding a way to do voiced (and mixed, for extra chaotic value) commentary to the races.

OK, I'll go back to my padded cell...
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Klon wrote:The only feeder series we really need would be FARWRS (Formula Atlantic Rejects World Racing Series) - that would offer something new, unlike a FF or Formula BMW series.

I'm planning on a feeder series for my IndyCar series, but if someone wants to do it on his own, I'll certainly sanction it.

Phoenix wrote:

Or, more to the point, FNRWRS (Formula Nippon Rejects World Race Series), with the opportunity to create our own GMIFNRWRSP by finding a way to do voiced (and mixed, for extra chaotic value) commentary to the races.

OK, I'll go back to my padded cell...

Or we need this. Especially for the "Kurasheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
MIA SAN MIA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'll have to put this on hold because GP3's being a bitch...unless there's another F1 game out there easily moddable? (or if someone knows how to make GP3 live with Win7)...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I'll have to put this on hold because GP3's being a bitch...unless there's another F1 game out there easily moddable? (or if someone knows how to make GP3 live with Win7)...

Try using compatibility settings. If else fails, use GP2. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

FMecha wrote:
BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I'll have to put this on hold because GP3's being a bitch...unless there's another F1 game out there easily moddable? (or if someone knows how to make GP3 live with Win7)...

I run GP4 in XP compatibility mode with admin rights to get it to work on Win7 so I'd imagine the settings for GP3 would be fairly similar.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:
FMecha wrote:

I run GP4 in XP compatibility mode with admin rights to get it to work on Win7 so I'd imagine the settings for GP3 would be fairly similar.

Yeah, I've tried that all for GP3...I've tried getting help over at GPG as well, but it's still not working.

Might have to give GP2 a go...

EDIT: Whadda ya know? Works like a charm...cheers fellas :)

Let's get this show on the road...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

As one of those specific members, I fully support this. I'll possibly throw in a driver or two, but only after others have their chance to enter first.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

How about a single-make Life L190 series? :lol:
Trump 2016
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

darkapprentice77 wrote:How about a single-make Life L190 series? :lol:

It'll have a retirement rate equal to, or exceeding, that of REECCS.... 8-)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

dr-baker wrote:

If you want at least one finisher, rthe races will all have to be 1 lap long :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

If you want at least one finisher, rthe races will all have to be 1 lap long :lol:

There would still be a 100% failure with one lap on the Isle of Man, the Nurburgring Nordschliefe, Le Mans, etc. You would need 1 lap at short tracks like Monaco, Brands Hatch Indy, Norisring, etc....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It'll have a retirement rate equal to, or exceeding, that of REECCS.... 8-)

There would still be a 100% failure with one lap on the Isle of Man, the Nurburgring Nordschliefe, Le Mans, etc. You would need 1 lap at short tracks like Monaco, Brands Hatch Indy, Norisring, etc....

One lap on a good day that is :P Most races wouldn't even have a finisher, not a matter of IF you would retire, a matter of WHEN.. :lol:
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

You know, I'm tempted to do this on F1 Challenge some day. :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:

It would be intriguing, that's for certain!
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Look what I found on my rfactor install!

Look at those magnificent sleek lines

Passed it's crash tests with flying colours.

LOOK at the Life W12 engine. Just look at it. Now, a piece of REVOLUTIONARY and GLORIOUS engineering such as that definatel won't break down....

While looking at the livery the car sported for Hungary, I found this...
:o Why does the car have a U.S.S.R. STICKER ON IT?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:While looking at the livery the car sported for Hungary, I found this...

Plus, what is the connection between this and Charles Pic? I'm intrigued...
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

pasta_maldonado wrote:While looking at the livery the car sported for Hungary, I found this...

In Soviet Russia, you fail the engine!
(Maybe the W12 was a brilliant engineering feat but Giacomelli was too much of a tool to keep it running, who nose...)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

That's what I've been wondering for ages. I tried to Google for more info but "pic" (or plc, not sure which) happens to be a very common word so it was impossible to find the information I was looking for.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:

That's what I've been wondering for ages. I tried to Google for more info but "pic" (or plc, not sure which) happens to be a very common word so it was impossible to find the information I was looking for.

That answer appears to be untyPICal, doesn't it?
I'll get my coat...
Trulli bad puns...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

The Life L190 in F1 Challenge looks strikingly similar, but that's because IIRC it's made by the same guys as the rFactor version, and because both games are made by ISI so they use almost identical graphics.

FYI I've modified the Life in my game further: it was too fast and reliable in the basic version of the mod, so I made it slower, much less reliable (in some tests the engine has failed before I could complete a single lap!) and gave it V12 sounds instead of the Judd.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Oh dear, now the engine failed as soon as I got out of the pitbox! :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:Oh dear, now the engine failed as soon as I got out of the pitbox! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Oh dear, now the engine failed as soon as I got out of the pitbox! :lol:

It was a really Perry McCarthy-esque failure - as soon as I applied full throttle it went bang.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

It was a really Perry McCarthy-esque failure - as soon as I applied full throttle it went bang.

We need a video of this :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need a video of this :lol:

Well here it is. :P
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:Well here it is. :P

Thank you. And now we can put this up as one of the more glorious sounds in F1. :D :lol:
Or at least in F1Rejects anyways.
Trulli bad puns...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

It would be intriguing, that's for certain!

So, after a few hours of cracking the inner workings of F1 Challenge, I finally managed to make a copy of the Life team that is set for a separate series and accepts two cars with distinct liveries. In essence, by copying this same team (and renaming it over and over again) I could now start a single-spec series consisting entirely of Life L190s with Life W12s, with each team/driver potentially having a separate livery.

However, I also need to think about the amount of spare time I have on my hands: even though it sometimes might seem indefinite to outsiders, I should probably soon run the last RoLFS test (which will take one-two days) and if I manage to get an on-the-job-training place, my time is reduced further starting from 20th August. Plus, I'm really intrigued to start "remastering" my GPM2 mods (by improving some of the graphics, fixing general errors and upgrading them to 1.02B exe), so I might not have time for another series.

On the other hand this series would run outside the RWRS universe and with little management as possible (meaning that the only upgrades you could buy would be for drivers), so it probably wouldn't be too hard to do a race once a week or so as there's no need to keep up with the other series' pace. And because it would be run on F1C, there would not be a forced gap on entries unlike in RoLFS, so for added rejectfulness we could even have grids of up to 40 drivers.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:So, after a few hours of cracking the inner workings of F1 Challenge, I finally managed to make a copy of the Life team that is set for a separate series and accepts two cars with distinct liveries. In essence, by copying this same team (and renaming it over and over again) I could now start a single-spec series consisting entirely of Life L190s with Life W12s, with each team/driver potentially having a separate livery.

However, I also need to think about the amount of spare time I have on my hands: even though it sometimes might seem indefinite to outsiders, I should probably soon run the last RoLFS test (which will take one-two days) and if I manage to get an on-the-job-training place, my time is reduced further starting from 20th August. Plus, I'm really intrigued to start "remastering" my GPM2 mods (by improving some of the graphics, fixing general errors and upgrading them to 1.02B exe), so I might not have time for another series.

On the other hand this series would run outside the RWRS universe and with little management as possible (meaning that the only upgrades you could buy would be for drivers), so it probably wouldn't be too hard to do a race once a week or so as there's no need to keep up with the other series' pace. And because it would be run on F1C, there would not be a forced gap on entries unlike in RoLFS, so for added rejectfulness we could even have grids of up to 40 drivers.

I certainly do not want you to take on more than you can manage, but if this comes to pass, I will be a happy boy and would definitely love to have a team in the series. (But I will be away again from next Friday to the following Wednesday, so if you open up the series in that time, this is a polite request to reserve a slot!).
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Nuppiz wrote:So, after a few hours of cracking the inner workings of F1 Challenge, I finally managed to make a copy of the Life team that is set for a separate series and accepts two cars with distinct liveries. In essence, by copying this same team (and renaming it over and over again) I could now start a single-spec series consisting entirely of Life L190s with Life W12s, with each team/driver potentially having a separate livery.

If you could explain to me how to get things working, I could potentially take this off your hands, what with having a copy of F1 Challenge myself.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:If you could explain to me how to get things working, I could potentially take this off your hands, what with having a copy of F1 Challenge myself.

Well I just went to our cottage to enjoy one last week away from regular computer access (at home I might spend 10-12 hours a day on it if I don't have school or work, so I need to take a break every now and then). I'll probably still get on the laptop almost every day, but only a couple of hours max.

Anyway, I should know by the end of this week whether or not I'm going to get that on-the-job-training place. If not, then my graduation will be postponed by half a year and I'm unlikely to get any other work for that period, so I'd have lots of free time for the rest of the year. But if I still get lucky and find that place, then I'll send you an e-mail which tells you all the steps needed to get this working.

Alas, I also noticed a typo in my previous post: by "forced gap" I of course meant "forced cap".
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I have an Idea!

F1 Rejects does the Tour de France!
Using the wonderful "Pro Cycling Manager 2012" game to create our own version of the Tour. This post is a suggestion from Blind Cave Salemander to try and gather interest.

Now there I have two ideas:
Idea A) Where those interested create their own team and the 9 riders that take part in the tour.

or Idea B) Users create just one rider and place him in a team.

The second idea is easier but comes with the pitfall that if your rider is just a "team mate" it won't be all that interesting! Whilst the first idea is much more in depth. The way you create riders would be to pick attributes to specialize, for example sprint and acceleration for sprint finishers.

This will come down to if the idea is liked enough, I realise that there is a distinct lack of engines in this idea!
Message me on Discord.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As mentioned in the cycling thread, I'd be interested in this. Maybe we could do a mixture of Idea A and B, where some users create their own teams, whereas others just create rider(s) that team owners can select, sort of like F1RWRS?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:As mentioned in the cycling thread, I'd be interested in this. Maybe we could do a mixture of Idea A and B, where some users create their own teams, whereas others just create rider(s) that team owners can select, sort of like F1RWRS?

This sounds like a much more flexible idea, I like it.
Message me on Discord.