PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Re: FORCWSOGMM Thread

Post by ADx_Wales »

Despite my lack of interest in the Playoff format for the 2010 season once the underdogs were knocked out, its good to see that the actual world champion won the grand final of my playoff format aswell.

Look out for something kind of similar in 2011, but not for the end of the season ;).
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Would everyone be OK for me to start off the "Backwards Elimination" championship (starting with 2009 taking out only Vettel, and so on), or does somebody else really want to do it? If they do, I had another idea up my sleeve, that's all.......
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I have no problem with that, I'll take it off the poll once you start.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Added a new category to the vote (page 1). Here's how it will work:
I will use an "entrants" championship system.
Example
In 1950, the entrant to score the most points was Alfa Romeo SpA. They entered a maximum of 4 cars that season. They will therefore be awarded numbers 1-4 every race, number 4 not being used if 3 cars are entered, numbers 3-4 not being used if 2 cars are entered,...
Let's say the factory Maserati team came second in the entrants championship, and entered a maximum of 3 cars every race. They will be awarded numbers 5-7 every race, with number 7 not being used if 2 cars are entered,...

To simplify, the Indy 500 will not be counted.

Also, I added a new category, with my vote (I only get 1).
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

One Championship is currently in the works, and remember that voting is still open...

James1978

Post by James1978 »

I have two ideas for my next one (which I'm planning to start in the New Year).

One is called "No Winning Teams" where similar to "No Real Champions" every team who ever won a championship is wiped from the history books, though it could be a bit confusing in the old days who drove privateer McLarens/Lotuses/Brabhams etc, would I exclude them or not? It'll be to reward teams like Arrows, Sauber, Jordan, Ligier etc - even Toyota!!!!! :)

Another one is "No race winners this season" where any race winners are wiped from that season's results (but every year starts again afresh so it won't be co-dependent on what happens in other seasons). For instance, Lewis Hamilton has won a race in every season he's competed in, so will be excluded all the time. Michael Schumacher will only be eligible in 1991 and 2010. Jean Alesi will be eligible every year except 1995!

Which one do people like the sound of best?
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I think the 2nd option is better, because the first sounds like too much trouble (also the fact that if you discount privateer entries, an Argentine GP (don't remember which one) won't happen, because all participants either drove a Ferrari or a Maserati). What would you do, for example, before the Constructor's Championship was inaugurated?

The seacond option would be easier to keep track of.

James1978

Post by James1978 »

tommykl wrote:I think the 2nd option is better, because the first sounds like too much trouble (also the fact that if you discount privateer entries, an Argentine GP (don't remember which one) won't happen, because all participants either drove a Ferrari or a Maserati). What would you do, for example, before the Constructor's Championship was inaugurated?

The seacond option would be easier to keep track of.

Think you're probably right - there'll be lots of arguments about who to exclude/include in "No Winning teams". Not only is there the privateer issue, but things like on the basis of excluding Red Bull for winning this year, does that means you'd have to exclude Jaguar and Stewart as well? Similar for Mercedes/Brawn/Honda/BAR. Then there's teams like Lotus and Renault which have won the championship in certain forms, but not in others (Renault 1977-85 didn't win but the Renault from 2002+ did), so the whole thing could just be a big mess.

Whereas a driver's a driver and he either won a race during a certain season or he didn't, so there's no doubts about who to exclude there!

I'll start on that in the New Year, at the moment I'm really enjoying "Snake Points" and "One Car"! :)
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Now that there's a "No Ferrari" championship, I'll definitely do the one where I eliminate all the race winners of that particular season........
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

New voting category added.

James1978

Post by James1978 »

I see in the early days of this forum there was a "No Big 4" Alternative Championship (Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Toleman/Benetton/Renault), but whoever it was who started it stopped while still in the 50s. I think I will do that one now I've finished "No Winners This Season", but as there's already a "No Ferrari" championship, not to duplicate that I will start from 1966 when McLaren started. I think in the case of Williams, I've looked on Wikipedia and Frank Williams raced with other chassis up until 1977, so will include their Politoys/Isos/Wolfs etc, but disqualify Williams as a constructor from 1978. I will keep in the 1977-1985 Renault team as they had nothing to do with the 2002+ Renault team that came out of Benetton.

Need something to keep my interest for another month before the first 2011 race! :)
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm thinking of doing the championship around the home races, if nobody's got one in preparation already!

Another one I'm thinking of is similar to the one I did DQ'ing Germans as I was getting sick of Schumacher, and now Vettel, winning everything - but this time it'll be No British Drivers! I read somehwere that there was a something like a 6 year period in the 60s where every podium featured at least one British driver, and there are plently of top drivers since for things to change.

Definitely better to do one around eliminating drivers rather than teams though as I've found.......
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'm currently thinking of a female-only series using Grand Prix 2.

That said, I want to run a series whose PMMF's own female drivers (like Pippa Mann and Shinobu Katayama) racing and dueling each other. It will be run like F1RMGP's WEC, but this will feature our own fantasy drivers.

Thoughts? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'll be happy to see that!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dr-baker wrote:I'll be happy to see that!

Thanks, but I need more interest. I also need instructions to install GP2Lap. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I think that could be done reasonably interesting, go for it.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I have an idea for another GPM2 run series, Based on the popularity of the 24 hour Bathurst race. It would be 2 hour segments of one big race added together. Unlike my other signups this one will be open to created drivers with "spec le man prototype cars" only with a choice of three engines.

Users will have a choice of entering 1 or 2 cars, each needing 3 drivers each. With users having a choice of which driver drives which segment of a race. Yes I know it sounds ghastly similar to the Bathurst but the driver customization element should be enough to stand it apart. That and it is run on GPM2.
Message me on Discord.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Would anyone be interested in a F1 1979 based series you can join?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Would anyone be interested in a F1 1979 based series you can join?

I would! 1979 is one of my favourite seasons ever, since it meant the mass advent of ground effect machines into F1. If the idea goes ahead, I'm already calling dibs on Williams :P
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Phoenix wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Would anyone be interested in a F1 1979 based series you can join?

I would! 1979 is one of my favourite seasons ever, since it meant the mass advent of ground effect machines into F1. If the idea goes ahead, I'm already calling dibs on Williams :P

Ditto here. I call dibs on Gilles Villeneuve immediaetly.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

If I can call dibs on Alfa Romeo, I am interested.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I would be, if we were able to enter fictional characters!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

If you can enter fictional drivers, Callum McAllister, Phoenix's father, would like to compete. If not, I want to control Alan Jones.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Yes, Kauhsen please?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

shinji wrote:

Yes, Kauhsen please?

cool, I'll set it up. Unfortunately, I've got all the teams except Kauhsen. Fictional Drivers will be allowed, yes.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Oh, and another thing. Should the series be run Historically (i.e. Ferrari and Williams will be fast, Rebaque and Merzario unbeleivably slow) or have it where all the cars are equal and the drivers do the work?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

No, there is no fun in random results - especially if historical cars are involved.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Klon wrote:No, there is no fun in random results - especially if historical cars are involved.

Klon, so you think the cars should have their historical performance?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Klon wrote:No, there is no fun in random results - especially if historical cars are involved.

That is what I am saying.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Klon wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

That is what I am saying.

Sorry for my lack of intelligence tonight :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I support this notion, and not just because I've chosen Williams.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Phoenix wrote:

I support this notion, and not just because I've chosen Williams.

Okay then, glad that's sorted. The cars availaible will be : Ferrari T4, Williams FW07, Lotus 79, Tyrell 009, Brabham BT48, McLaren M29, ATS D3, Fittipaldi F5A, Renault RS10, Shadow DN9, Wolf WR7-9, Ensign N179, Merzario A4, Ligier JS11, Arrows A2, Rebaque and the Alfa Romeo 179.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Not sure if I should be posting this here, but how does one go about improving his F1-fiction-ish writing outside of simply taking inspiration from other threads? I have a few ideas for a fictional 2015 season and I pretty much have the ideas down for "the story so far" (GP2 2012 and 2013, F1 2012-2014).

I also wonder - since 2014 will bring a huge change in the regulations, what would people consider changing, adding or removing from what we currently have? And how do other people implement in-season car development when simulating with a program other than xkoranate?
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship. Maybe a mish-mash between Grand-AM, WEC/ALMS, Blancpain Endurance Series, old FIA GT, Super GT and VLN. Although anyone attempting to simulate such a championship deserves the "Duke Nukem-Trophy" :D
MIA SAN MIA!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Ferrarist wrote:Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship.

Well, I could theoretically expand that theoretic rFactor championship that haunts my mind and make it an endurance series, it would work. There are only a number of factors hurting me:

a) I don't know how to build in new teams with rFactor - although that is the least of my concerns, I could easily learn to do that.
b) I have no graphical talent to create the livery.
c) I fear there might not be enough interest in this, it would be something specific - although the fact that would have by far the most mind-boggling point system in the Perry McCarthy Memorial forum makes up for it.
d) I only have limited time, so it would take ages for a season to finish.

So, in the end it won't work - ain't I a tease? :lol:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Klon wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship.

Well, I could theoretically expand that theoretic rFactor championship that haunts my mind and make it an endurance series, it would work. There are only a number of factors hurting me:

a) I don't know how to build in new teams with rFactor - although that is the least of my concerns, I could easily learn to do that.
b) I have no graphical talent to create the livery.
c) I fear there might not be enough interest in this, it would be something specific - although the fact that would have by far the most mind-boggling point system in the Perry McCarthy Memorial forum makes up for it.
d) I only have limited time, so it would take ages for a season to finish.

So, in the end it won't work - ain't I a tease? :lol:

Here's some answers or you Klon :D (sorry if it seems like I think you're an idiot - I don't know how much you know)
a) In GameData/Vehicles/<ModName>/... there will be files called .veh files. These are your driver files. You can edit them in Notepad/Wordpad/Word etc..
b) To make liveries, see if there are templates available on the internet. these are like a painting mask, and they put shadows on your livery. They are normally .psd files, and if you have Paint.Net there is a plugin for that.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Klon wrote:

xkoranate might be the fitting software to simulate endurance racing. But there have already been some problems with that software, yut none that might seriously hamper any series. ;)
MIA SAN MIA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ferrarist wrote:Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship. Maybe a mish-mash between Grand-AM, WEC/ALMS, Blancpain Endurance Series, old FIA GT, Super GT and VLN. Although anyone attempting to simulate such a championship deserves the "Duke Nukem-Trophy" :D

Well, that and any bike racing. But we do seem to have most four-wheeled sports covered. But no Dakar or Andros Trophy equivalents either...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship. Maybe a mish-mash between Grand-AM, WEC/ALMS, Blancpain Endurance Series, old FIA GT, Super GT and VLN. Although anyone attempting to simulate such a championship deserves the "Duke Nukem-Trophy" :D

Well, that and any bike racing. But we do seem to have most four-wheeled sports covered. But no Dakar or Andros Trophy equivalents either...

What series are currently active at the moment, there's so many I've lost count? Aside from F1RWRS...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

What series are currently active at the moment, there's so many I've lost count? Aside from F1RWRS...

F2RWRS, F3RWRS, REECCS, RoLFS, RTCC, Indy Championship Series, F1RGP79C,...

EDIT:[b][/b] Oh, and Grand Prix 2 Championship, and F1RMGP,...
MCard LOLA