PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
FMecha

Re: FORCWSOGMM Thread

Post by FMecha »

Ferrarist wrote:Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship. Maybe a mish-mash between Grand-AM, WEC/ALMS, Blancpain Endurance Series, old FIA GT, Super GT and VLN. Although anyone attempting to simulate such a championship deserves the "Duke Nukem-Trophy" :D

F1RMGP did it - but it took 12 days, because in reality, 2-hour races have to be run at each day to make it work. :|

Again, I would like to revive my female-only series idea, but my computer has suffered a reliablity issue. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

FMecha wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:Now we have almost every form of auto racing here. But what is really missing is an endurance championship. Maybe a mish-mash between Grand-AM, WEC/ALMS, Blancpain Endurance Series, old FIA GT, Super GT and VLN. Although anyone attempting to simulate such a championship deserves the "Duke Nukem-Trophy" :D

F1RMGP did it - but it took 12 days, because in reality, 2-hour races have to be run at each day to make it work. :|

Again, I would like to revive my female-only series idea, but my computer has suffered a reliablity issue. :roll:

That's why xkoranate is the perfect software for simulating enduro races. You get the results for a 24 hour race in just a few seconds. On the other hand, it wouldn't make an endurance series so exciting if we knew the results right off the bat. Perhaps a simulation of eight race á three hours could help. We should really collect some ideas on how to simulate an endurance series properly, since I want to see such a series so badly. :D
MIA SAN MIA!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I have tried both 12- and 4-hour races on xkoranate - aside from the fact that reliability is just awful, it seems to work decently.
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

I want to do a Stock Car style league, is there any interest for it?
This wrote: So they're actually time-travellers?
Jocke1 wrote: Deletraz yes. Lavaggi no.
Salamander wrote:So that's what Deletraz was doing!
Jocke1 wrote:He was trying to reach 88 miles per hour.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Davidellias wrote:I want to do a Stock Car style league, is there any interest for it?

Yes.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Davidellias wrote:I want to do a Stock Car style league, is there any interest for it?

OH YEA BUDDAY
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

*Breaks out checked shirt, straw and denim dungarees*

YEEE-HA!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

YES! YES! YES!
MIA SAN MIA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sure, why not?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Sure, why not?

I have less then 20 posts :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Davidellias wrote:

Sure, why not?

Witohut wishing to be boastful, I have less than 500 posts and am currently running two virtual championships (F1 79 and the RTCC)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Davidellias wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Sure, why not?

Without wishing to be boastful, I have less than 500 posts and am currently running two virtual championships (F1 79 and the RTCC)

And I have over 6000 posts and have never attempted to run a virtual championship (although I do participate in others' championships...).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Davidellias wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Sure, why not?

Witohut wishing to be boastful, I have less than 500 posts and am currently running two virtual championships (F1 79 and the RTCC)

And had started the latter without much more posts than Davidellias does at the moment :roll:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I like your idea, Davidellias, but you have a long way before catching Wizzie :lol:
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

Well before I attempt to start the league I want to get in contact with the guy who runs the F1RWS , cause maybe I can negotiate a deal with him to be a support series to his 2015 season, despite the fact I am running my season as 2012. :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Davidellias wrote:Well before I attempt to start the league I want to get in contact with the guy who runs the F1RWS , cause maybe I can negotiate a deal with him to be a support series to his 2015 season, despite the fact I am running my season as 2012. :lol:

That'll be Aerond but he's only here once every two weeks or something depending on how well his band's going. Lappy or myself are much better people to get into contact we as we're basically the real timekeepers of the series. :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

Here's what I got planned FORASCAR (Stock Car Racing)

.1) 30 full time teams (Only 30 cause several tracks can't handle nore the 30, and some cant even handle 30 so a few teams will DNPQ)
.2) Companion events with the 2015 F1RWRS (Thinking Brands Hatch and Zandvoort maybe.)
.3) at least three events in the UK
.4) I couple of twin race formats a la BTCC in the early 90s
.5) Any make or model I have can be used (I have about 200 different templates ranging from the usual's such as, Ford,Chevy Dodge, to the bizarre: Ferrari, Lola, Jaguar)
.6) A ratings system to determine Team and Driver abilities (Teams will be divided into Frontrunners / mid packers / Comical Backmarkers)
.7) only a slight difference between mid pack and front running cars (though reliability will be a much larger gap in rating)
.8) A combination of Oval and Road Course racing.
.9) any driver in F1rWRS,F1RGP2,F1RF3 can run a limited part time schedule, plus any driver not in those series can also run a part time schedule.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

What game will you be using?

Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Davidellias wrote:NASCAR Racing 2003 Season

When will the series start? I can't wait!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Badass. Count me in for sure.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

tommykl wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Seconded.

NR2003 is awesome.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5016 have fun boys, and remember only 30 car's run full time so keep the teams to the small side.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Probably the best NASCAR game there ever was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

It's a shame that I only ever got to try the demo version of it :|
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:

Probably the best racing game there ever was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

FTFY. ;)
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wizzie wrote:

Probably the best racing game there ever was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

FTFY. ;)

Grand Prix 4's better. Just saying :P
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:Grand Prix 2's better. Just saying :P

I corrected that minor mistake of yours, I hope you do not mind. :mrgreen:
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Anyone playing Mini Racing Online? I'm trying to restart my interest on that and so, start a Rejects of MRO series. :)

(Not a spam!)
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

FMecha wrote:Anyone playing Mini Racing Online? I'm trying to restart my interest on that and so, start a Rejects of MRO series. :)

(Not a spam!)

This looks highly complicated :? Does this game require a high-power OS? Also, how do you get the game in the first place?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
FMecha wrote:Anyone playing Mini Racing Online? I'm trying to restart my interest on that and so, start a Rejects of MRO series. :)

(Not a spam!)

This looks highly complicated :? Does this game require a high-power OS? Also, how do you get the game in the first place?

Here's the system requirements, translated from the "What is MRO?" page:
  • Processor: 350 Mhz (1200 Mhz recommended)
  • RAM: 64 MB (512 MB recommended)
  • Display adapter: 16 MB (64 MB recommended)
  • Internet connection: 56 kbps modem (ADSL 512 kbps recommended)
  • DirectX 8.1 or creater

Despite there being an English language option, it doesn't seem to work. So it's either Google Translate or your own Spanish skills that matter there! What I've already read says that you download the game on your computer, and then apparantely race with other players via internet.

In completely unrelated news, I've finally cleared my framerate issues with F1C 99-02! It only needed a change of screen resolution, and now runs smoothly (about 36 fps, compared to the 13 I had before). Time to start getting some mods so that I can drive Rial, Coloni, etc. :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

(Not a spam!)

Here's the system requirements, translated from the "What is MRO?" page:
  • Processor: 350 Mhz (1200 Mhz recommended)
  • RAM: 64 MB (512 MB recommended)
  • Display adapter: 16 MB (64 MB recommended)
  • Internet connection: 56 kbps modem (ADSL 512 kbps recommended)
  • DirectX 8.1 or creater

Despite there being an English language option, it doesn't seem to work. So it's either Google Translate or your own Spanish skills that matter there! What I've already read says that you download the game on your computer, and then apparantely race with other players via internet.

In completely unrelated news, I've finally cleared my framerate issues with F1C 99-02! It only needed a change of screen resolution, and now runs smoothly (about 36 fps, compared to the 13 I had before). Time to start getting some mods so that I can drive Rial, Coloni, etc. :lol:

To change MRO's in-game language, go to Options (Opciones), and go to Various (Miscellany). The option to change language is there. :)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:To change MRO's in-game language, go to Options (Opciones), and go to Various (Miscellany). The option to change language is there. :)

Yes, well I haven't downloaded the game yet, I meant the website's language options. :)
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Since my F1 Challenge 99-02 is now working fully, I've started to download a ton of mods for it. I've currently got all seasons from 1989 to 1996 working perfectly (that includes tracks not found in the original game, like Jacarepagua, Estoril, Jerez, Buenos Aires and Adelaide, which often fail to work properly in most mods). I'll soon start installing the 1997 season and hope it will work just as fine, after which I'll move on to 1998. And of course I've got the original seasons as well...

Why I'm posting this here is that at some point I'm intending to start a new virtual career, which will hopefully become at least slightly as popular as Aerond's Dagnall saga. I will start it in 1989 driving for a minor team struggling to prequalify (Rial, Coloni, EuroBrun etc.), and try to work my way up step by step as the seasons pass. At the moment I've got a good hunch on how I can simulate prequalifying, and as I already said I've progressed well in installing mods and making them work properly (speaking of which, anyone got a download for the 1997 Lola? Can't find it on Racesimulations.com anymore).

The only big thing that I'm still considering is my character. All of my current characters are either too young or too old, or have other factors that limit their availability (Nikolai Nurmovitsch would be of an ideal age, but it would be extremely unrealistic for a driver from Soviet Union to get into F1 in 1989). So I'm open to suggestions, although I'm likely to make up something really unique after I give it a bit more of thought. In any case, he/she will be a pay driver for the first couple of seasons (how else could one get a drive at the lower end of the grid anyway...)

This career will obviously clash with Dagnall's, so I'm willing to keep the two careers completely separate from each other.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Can you download F1 Challenge '99-02 anywhere? I would doubt there would be any trouble running it, considering the release date...
Trulli bad puns...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Can you download F1 Challenge '99-02 anywhere? I would doubt there would be any trouble running it, considering the release date...

I'm not sure if it's sold anymore or not, but just to be sure I'm not going to give you links for it. However, if you Google it you should get to a torrent link pretty soon :P

I definitely recommend it, the base game is already very good and quite customizable through editing the config files (including the possibility to drive recon and formation laps), and it has a ton of good mods too. Probably the best modern F1 simulator there is.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nuppiz wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:Can you download F1 Challenge '99-02 anywhere? I would doubt there would be any trouble running it, considering the release date...

I'm not sure if it's sold anymore or not, but just to be sure I'm not going to give you links for it. However, if you Google it you should get to a torrent link pretty soon :P

I definitely recommend it, the base game is already very good and quite customizable through editing the config files (including the possibility to drive recon and formation laps), and it has a ton of good mods too. Probably the best modern F1 simulator there is.

Nuppiz do you have any experience of F1 Challenge mods post-2002? I'm going to need 2003, 04 and 05 mods at some point in the future, and I wondered if there was anywhere specific I should check out first before just Googling them?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AndreaModa wrote:Nuppiz do you have any experience of F1 Challenge mods post-2002? I'm going to need 2003, 04 and 05 mods at some point in the future, and I wondered if there was anywhere specific I should check out first before just Googling them?

I don't have any post-2002 mods installed right now, but a couple of years ago I played the Ralph Hummerich (RH) 2003-05 mods, and I really enjoyed them. You can find them on his own website: http://emac.sportplanet.emacberry.com/g ... index.html

Those are probably the most detailed 2003-05 mods there is, which is no surprise considering that, if I recall correctly, Ralph was part of the original game's development team as well. I'll soon start a separate thread for my F1C career and general discussion on the game.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:

I know it's a good game, it's just that I lost my copy... and I can't seem to find that or another copy at a flea market... (I doubt anyone would be so stupid to send their copy to a flea market to be perfectly honest...) I probably need a crash course in modding that game, hopefully it will be easy. :?
Trulli bad puns...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

I know it's a good game, it's just that I lost my copy... and I can't seem to find that or another copy at a flea market... (I doubt anyone would be so stupid to send their copy to a flea market to be perfectly honest...) I probably need a crash course in modding that game, hopefully it will be easy. :?

I *ahem* obtained my first copy through dubious means, but it never worked properly, and eventually just bought it off ebay for a tenner. I'd imagine they must be of a similar price up in North America.

Thanks for the info on the mods though Nuppiz that's brilliant. :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_