Livery Design thread - showcase your talent!

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Captain Hammer

Re: Livery Design thread - showcase your talent!

Post by Captain Hammer »

I'm not a senior member of Vodafone Australia's management.

I have, however, seen comments in a newspaper from Roland Dane - Triple Eight's team principal - stating that the team had known about it for months before it was announced.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tBone

Post by tBone »

So, I'll give this thread a huge bump to show my little 'project'. I'm doing works team liveries in GP3, just for fun. Most of the liveries are based on the (racing) past of the brands. Please let me know what you think and which brands I should do next.

The liveries below are described in the order they appear in the gallery.

Renault
Mainly based on the 1980s and 2000s F1 cars, but with influence from their rally cars as well.

Acura
Based on LMP2 and World Challenge entrants from this brand.

Mazda
Heavily based on the legendary Le Mans 787, but with modern influences.]

Ferrari
Of course, it's red. Of course, a lot of it is influenced by their F1 years. However, I did not want to make it look too similar to those, so this was used as inspiration as well.

Cadillac
Cadillac's Le Mans adventure, as well as racing versions of their V-models, served as inspiration for this one.

Plymouth
More retro than the other ones. This is based on the NASCAR Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, probably one of the most iconic race car designs ever.

Land Rover Range Rover
I'm never sure whether to treat these as one or two brands. I've combined them for this. It's inspired by the Range Rover Dakar liveries, with some elements of the later Bowler rally raid cars.

Suzuki
Suzuki had some rallying efforts, with the Swift, Ignis and SX4. The main colour of this livery is the same yellow of those. I decided to put in some MotoGP details as well, making this a very colourful livery.

Bentley
The colour scheme of the Speed 8 Le Mans winner makes a sophisticated livery for Bentley.

Nissan
Again, Le Mans was the main influence. The rear wing end plates are a hint to the Motul/Pitwork JGTC cars, as seen in the Gran Turismo games.

Rover
The Rover SD1 DTM was the main source for this livery. The Texaco and Toshiba liveries were combined in this one.

Subaru
WRC, of course. Did anyone expect anything else? Most of it was on the 1995 Impreza in which McRae became champion.

Geely
That's right, even the Chinese are in this one. This is based on the launch livery of the China Formula Grand Prix cars, the Geely GF concept car in all its appearances and this.

Peugeot
Peugeot competed in a lot of classes with a lot of liveries, which makes it hard to choose a colour scheme. I've gone for the current ERC livery with hints to the past.

BMW
The traditional BMW Motorsport livery for this one. The Dell logos on the sidepods are a direct reference to BMW's 1999 Le Mans success.

Lotus
This is a combination of the old JPS Lotuses with some elements of the current F1 entrants. I used the current JPS logo instead of the classic one on the legendary cars.

Saab
The 900 Turbo WRC was the source for the colour scheme. Other rally cars served some sponsors as well.

Kia
Kia's Trophée Andros entrants have this colour scheme. Some touring car elements are applied, too.

Porsche
Porsche had three very iconic liveries in the past: Gulf, Martini and Rothmans. The latter two were combined for the main colour scheme, while the rear wing hints to the Gulf livery. I'm still not sure whether I like this one or not. What do you think?]

Dodge
Dodge? SRT. NASCAR. Need I say more?

Lada
Oh yes, Lada. A tribute to their (so far not too) glorious WTCC heritage, combining the previous red/gray livery with the new yellow Rosneft one.

Alfa Romeo
Alfa Romeo's second F1 era, WTCC/ETCC entries and DTM were combined in this one.

Volkswagen
Dakar and WRC successes were the inspiration for this one. By the way, don't you think the Red Bull logo looks kind of nice on the sidepods instead of the airbox? Red Bull/Toro Rosso, are you reading this?

TVR
TVR participated at the Le Mans 24 Hours a couple of times. This livery is a mix-up of the liveries of those entries.

Jeep
Okay, I admit that this is a strange one, but hey, Porsche started making SUVs a couple of years ago... Anyway, the Jeep livery is a tribute to the military Jeeps, with some sponsor logos of manufacturers of Jeep merchandise.

Citroën
Citroën has had a variety of sponsors and liveries in their WRC years. I tried to add as many as possible in the mix, without making the outcome look too messy. Have I succeeded?

MG
I always liked the MG livery from the early 2000s and tried it on an F1 car.

Seat
Seat had several nice yellow-with-something liveries in the WRC and WTCC, so I made a yellow livery with elements from those.

Ford
The nice diagonal stripes on the 1980s rally cars (RS200, Sierra) were the base for this busy livery. It has a lot of features, because Ford's more recent WRC liveries were like that as well.

So, once again, what do you guys think? Wanna see more?
Last edited by tBone on 27 May 2015, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

tBone wrote:

:shock:

These all blew me out of the water. You should try helping the others with liveries in canon series if you have the chance, since you certainly have the talent!

And yes, I would like to see more!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
tBone

Post by tBone »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
tBone wrote:

:shock:

These all blew me out of the water. You should try helping the others with liveries in canon series if you have the chance, since you certainly have the talent!

And yes, I would like to see more!

Why, thank you! I haven't been involved with the canon in any way and will need a lot of "integrating" probably, but this might be a nice way. Let me know if you need something and we'll see if we can work it out.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
tBone

Post by tBone »

I'll make an album update as soon as I finished 10 others. So far, I've done 8: Donkervoort, Skoda, Opel, Honda, Volvo, Lancia, Qoros and Toyota.

I'll let you guys decide which ones will be the last 2. So, any requests?
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Oh man, sorry for grave digging this, but what a nice work here. I really miss the times which I created some fictional carsets in GP3 and GP4. I'm going to save it. I really love fantasy liveries.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Since we don't have a dedicated logotype design thread, I'm dropping this here for the upcoming Pacific Endurance Series. What do you guys think?

Main Logotype

Solid Logotype

Race/Class Number Plates
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Racing Heart wrote:Since we don't have a dedicated logotype design thread, I'm dropping this here for the upcoming Pacific Endurance Series. What do you guys think?

They look awesome! The number squares are a nice touch too. :)
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:They look awesome! The number squares are a nice touch too. :)

Thanks. I had quite a bit of community input from my associates over in my Discord channel, but I'm really happy with how the package is coming together. Hope my internet connection doesn't implode from all the awesome this series may very well be.

...since this is a livery show off thread, I may as well dump some stuff I've worked on over the past year from other unrelated things, just to show you guys here the level of quality I'd be capable of when PES goes online later this year.

I realize a lot of the sponsors are purely fictional - I've always loved the idea of creating a motorsport universe of my own, but I think I'll take a decidedly more... er... "real-worldy" approach for PES, rather than the "future cute" (as I call it) style I'm deeply fond of.

(We really, really need a [SPOILER] tag for image heavy posts like these...)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Racing Heart wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:They look awesome! The number squares are a nice touch too. :)

Thanks. I had quite a bit of community input from my associates over in my Discord channel, but I'm really happy with how the package is coming together. Hope my internet connection doesn't implode from all the awesome this series may very well be.

...since this is a livery show off thread, I may as well dump some stuff I've worked on over the past year from other unrelated things, just to show you guys here the level of quality I'd be capable of when PES goes online later this year.

(insert images here)

I realize a lot of the sponsors are purely fictional - I've always loved the idea of creating a motorsport universe of my own, but I think I'll take a decidedly more... er... "real-worldy" approach for PES, rather than the "future cute" (as I call it) style I'm deeply fond of.

(We really, really need a [SPOILER] tag for image heavy posts like these...)

Well if those fictional sponsors are done with the quality seen here, than I think none of us here mind :). They look awesome by the way! Just note that people will now come to you for liveries if they see this talent, though I'm sure Ataxia would appreciate sharing the load with another livery designer.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Other than good quality, i also think they are in good taste and have a good synchronisation with the shape of the cars. This is better than a lot of real-life liveries.
Besides, fictional sponsors are a sign of creative thinking and the talent to actually materialise your ideas.
Though figuring out others ideas might be something else, i think most people are confident in giving you more or less a carte blanche.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Hey, this is my first post in GPRejects Forum!
I was thinking about a full-fictional league, using my nationstates nation. (I know this is totally unrelated when we think about hom PMMF works, but) I'd like to have some comments on this.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

First of all, welcome.

Secondly, many of us are familiar with NationStates.

The look and feel of this seems very similar to F1RMGP. Albeit with fictional instead of former reject drivers.

What is your simulator of choice?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

DemocalypseNow wrote:First of all, welcome.

Secondly, many of us are familiar with NationStates.

The look and feel of this seems very similar to F1RMGP. Albeit with fictional instead of former reject drivers.

What is your simulator of choice?

Thanks, DemocalypseNow.

With still zero abilities in game modding and focusing in the design, I use various tools. xkoranate, excel tables and a unofficial formula manager game called Cockpit Manager some dudes made here in Brazil.

EDIT: TO AVOID FLOODING, I'll post this idea here instead of make a new post.

I was thinking about this. This is about Formula 1.

Brazilian Retail millionaire Abílio Diniz spent 17 million dollars to put his son, Pedro Paulo, in Formula 1 in 1995.
It was a failure. Forti-Corse was an old-wreck, literally. A car 100bhp behind the top ones, a great choose for 1992 and not for 1995. Forti did not score even a point.

Let us suppose that in spite of this, the rich man ended up taking a liking to the thing, and instead of seeing his son become a hydroponic farmer, he ended up buying a team part and making his influence in the international economy.

A little explanation about the sponsors:
Parmalat - Parmalat left Brazil in 2005. I replaced it by Unilever.
Arisco - Sold to Unilever. Dove is a Unilever brand.
Sadia - Maintained since 1995 without modifications in the brand.
Ford - Teams with Ford motors changed to Cosworth. Last team with Cosworth motor (Manor), changed to Mercedes.
Mastercard - Maintained, changed only the logo.
Kaiser - Sold to FEMSA, then to Heineken.
Banco Cacique - Sold to Societé Generale.
INA Assistalia - merged with other Italian insurers to form Generali.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Whilst technically I'm not primarily showcasing a livery there isn't any other thread (I think) that this fits into so I'm posting it here.

I made some Formula 1-esque cars a while back with some Lego. The final design for the cars probably is a bit impractical, but whatever. I didn't put too much thought into the "livery" either, as some bricks were hard to find and others I only had one or two of, so they do look a bit messy colourwise.

http://m.imgur.com/TbXL3pd,2Cd2ABc
Don't kill me for the bad photo quality please.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
tBone

Post by tBone »

Great stuff, John Rafael! I love how that Forti looks, but I've always had a thing for yellow F1 cars.

A couple of weeks ago, I finished a series of possible 2017 Formula 1 liveries. They were based on some silly season rumors going on then. You can see them on this Facebook page. I will add more projects there as soon as I have the time for it.

Below, you can see my proposal for a Manor livery in which the Gallagher logos are brought by Jordan King, who might get a drive there in 2017. Also, I added the stripes that are already on their clothing this year.

YOUR
LOGO

Here
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

tBone wrote:Great stuff, John Rafael! I love how that Forti looks, but I've always had a thing for yellow F1 cars.

A couple of weeks ago, I finished a series of possible 2017 Formula 1 liveries. They were based on some silly season rumors going on then. You can see them on this Facebook page. I will add more projects there as soon as I have the time for it.

Below, you can see my proposal for a Manor livery in which the Gallagher logos are brought by Jordan King, who might get a drive there in 2017. Also, I added the stripes that are already on their clothing this year.

Damn, those all look amazing! Maybe you should see if any teams are looking for a livery designer IRL :D
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

I tried?
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?