The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
dr-baker

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:For personal reasons, I am going to leave this place immediately for a very long time.

Here are links to my Alt-F1 carsets, so you can close out the respective seasons:
https://www.load.to/GSUUJDalT1/F1_04_F1R.GP2
https://www.load.to/1gbsozAfMH/F1_19_F1R.GP2

Happy trails to you, 'til we meet again.

Hoping it's nothing health-related, but if so... :(

Here's hoping to an eventual return.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

dr-baker wrote:
Klon wrote:For personal reasons, I am going to leave this place immediately for a very long time.

Here are links to my Alt-F1 carsets, so you can close out the respective seasons:

Hoping it's nothing health-related, but if so... :(

Here's hoping to an eventual return.

As I don't want anyone to worry about this, it has nothing to do with my health.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Sorry to hear this, and I fully understand that you have complicated mattters that you need to deal with.

And also, is the link for the carsets to close out the seasons for personal use only or to officially close them out? (Apologies if this seems rude)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Take care, Klon. You know where to find me if you ever need to talk about stuff. :)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Been down with the flu a while ago. whilst recovering, i stil lack the energy to go check all mails. If i missed/will miss somethingn my apologies
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

As you might have noticed by now, a "very long time" was a month plus change. I am back as a user. However, from tomorrow until Wednesday, I will be inactive as I prepare for my final exam.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Klon wrote:As you might have noticed by now, a "very long time" was a month plus change. I am back as a user. However, from tomorrow until Wednesday, I will be inactive as I prepare for my final exam.

Best of luck then, and good to see you!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Apologies to anybody who might have missed me the past five days - I have just been to a two-day conference for student Learning/Intellectual Disabilities Nurses in Dublin. A nice road trip from London via Wales to Dublin, then returning via the Giants Causeway to Cairnryan and home via Gretna Green.

Yes, I have been to Gretna Green. Yes, I am still single and unmarried. No eloping for me.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Expect to see me even less this week. I'm moving to another apartment so much of my spare time is spent packing, hauling and unpacking stuff.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Expect to not see me doing anything this weekend, I am grading for my black belt in karate, so 24 hours of hell is coming up, yay.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'll be at the Berlin ePrix this Saturday and I'm going to stay in Berlin for the two following days. I'll be back on Monday evening.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'll be out of the country for the whole of June, so unfortunately I will not be running any races for either Alt78 or Alt90. Whilst I'll still try to pop in, I won't regularly be in the chat either. Whilst I'm away, the best method of contacting me is forum PM.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'll be up at the Winternationals again this year, so I won't be available from the 4th through to the 12th of June to do a whole lot
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

A visit to the clinic earlier today revealed that I've been fortunate enough to have contracted both the flu and atypical pneumonia. I'll only be intermittently available, on both the forums and the IRC, for the next week or two.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

kevinbotz wrote:A visit to the clinic earlier today revealed that I've been fortunate enough to have contracted both the flu and atypical pneumonia. I'll only be intermittently available, on both the forums and the IRC, for the next week or two.

shite man, get well soon buddy!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

kevinbotz wrote:A visit to the clinic earlier today revealed that I've been fortunate enough to have contracted both the flu and atypical pneumonia. I'll only be intermittently available, on both the forums and the IRC, for the next week or two.

Get well soon brother! <3
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Will be volunteering at Bogie' this weekend.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Get well soon mate. :deletraz:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around here that often in the past couple of months. There are two reasons. First, I finally moved on my own so a lot of my time was spent packing, hauling and unpacking things. Almost as soon as that was mostly done I went on a three-week summer vacation. I spent the majority of this at our summer house, with a few days excursion to a rock festival.

The summer vacation is now over, and work starts tomorrow. However, next week will only feature four work days due to Midsummer festivities, so normal service won't resume until the last week of June. I'll then try to catch up with everything (including WSRC).
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

From Monday to Friday this week, I will be driving to, and spending time in, North Wales. It will be a holiday that I will be spending with two friends of mine, Clare and Katie. We were all in the Christian Union at university together 13 years ago.
MCard LOLA
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

So, it's been a bit hard for me to announce this, but I will, it's an inevitability.

My enjoyment and interest for this hobby has been running out during these past few months, new things are starting to come up and if I'm gonna be honest with myself, I will be withdrawing with immediate effect from all PMMF activity.
I don't want to make you think I didn't enjoy the time I had with you lads, but I hope you can understand.

Later,
Normal32
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Normal32 wrote:So, it's been a bit hard for me to announce this, but I will, it's an inevitability.

My enjoyment and interest for this hobby has been running out during these past few months, new things are starting to come up and if I'm gonna be honest with myself, I will be withdrawing with immediate effect from all PMMF activity.
I don't want to make you think I didn't enjoy the time I had with you lads, but I hope you can understand.

Later,
Normal32

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but thank you for all the fun times on the PMMF and for helping me get going on this forum. You're always welcome back here, and I wish you luck with whatever else you're doing.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'm on vacation from Friday to the 20th August. I won't be in the chat during that time, but I'll check the forums occasionally.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Apologies for announcing it too late. As I'm restricted on my internet access using Mobile Data only as I'm on Holiday in the Galicia do expect me to be more inactive from now on until around next Monday.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

I'm taking a short but much-needed vacation, starting from this Friday all the way to Monday the 17th. I've already announced this in the Women's GT Masters thread, but I'll announce it here as well, just in case. I'm probably going to stay away from the internet intentionally during this time, even though I might have access, because I can't really relax when I'm still connected to the web. ;)
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Exams and other personal issues took a toll on me over the last few months, but I expect to be back for good, if not now, in two weeks' time (when I will finally have something resembling regular "work" hours).

I'm really sorry for the ASMF commitments I missed out on (especially about taking over AR2.0, sorry Ataxia :( ).
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Got a couple of end-of-year trips booked, so I won't be available from November 8th through to the 14th (off to LA), and from December 23rd through to January 5th (family holiday in India)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I'm doing a reverse nipping out and I'm back, hopefully for a while.
How has everyone been?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Faustus wrote:I'm doing a reverse nipping out and I'm back, hopefully for a while.
How has everyone been?

Been doing good. Things have been quiet around here, but things are ramping up with canon series soon.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

As you have all probably noticed (hopefully, assuming that isn't an awfully egotistical thing to say), I haven't really been giving the forum/chat much attention over the last month or so. An unexpectedly large university workload, personal problems (well, if you can actually call them proper 'problems', but I digress) have conspired against me being able to do much here for a while, and although I will endeavour to keep my Canon series running properly, they may be a while off if I'm honest. (although when does anything in the ASMF ever run at all to schedule... :P )
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Gertrand Bachot

I shall be going to Spain on holiday from the 25th to 29th October, so I will not be accessing the forum much (if at all) during that period.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just realised I should have said that I came out to Iceland yesterday morning and won't return until Wednesday evening.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I have surgery tomorrow, and hopefully it only keeps me down for a few days at most, but no promises.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

My summer vacation starts tomorrow, and I'll be mostly offline until mid-July. Might pop in every now and then, but definitely not every day.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Starting tomorrow until the 18th August, I'll be away in a music festival in the north of Portugal, so I won't check the forum during that time! See you next week!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Gertrand Bachot

Oh well.

Considering that I've not said anything for 2 months, then I feel I should just do this.

I guess there's no point in me really being here anymore. Don't really care for motorsport anymore, plus the forum's lack of activity being the reasons. I just want to stress that this is nothing to do with any of you - if anything for the past 2 years I've been here you guys have been nothing short of exceptional. You tolerated me at my worst and helped me, and I feel like I'm a better person overall than I was when I joined. So honestly - thank you for a fun time.

I think my email is linked, so if you wish to talk to me you can do so through there. I might periodically pop in the chat if there's enough people in it.

Anyways, I guess that's all, so goodbye.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Will be inordinately occupied until roughly December 20th/21st - my activity and presence here will be very sporadic until at least then.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

As It's been almost a year, I'm officially back.
Continued interest in motorsport has been sporadic, but going to GP3R last year was a fun thing. Happy New Year to you all, and here's to more.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Since my Vodafone connection doesn't arrive quite as quickly as I hoped, I'll be away for an undetermined amount of time.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

*looks around confused*

I know this place I think...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital