Ponderbox for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
FMecha

Re: Ponderbox for virtual series

Post by FMecha »

What if the Portugese Autosport ran the news stories pertaining to Sunshine? [/conspiracy] :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Given that it was so successful in real rallycross, why did only one team use the Metro 6r4 for RRC?
Trump 2016
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Given that it was so successful in real rallycross, why did only one team use the Metro 6r4 for RRC?

Because my team was so scary that everyone else assumed that any other Metros they bought would be cursed? :lol:

Or because the car has an apearance only a mother (or me) could love:

Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Having watched the 1992 Indy 500, I wonder:

What are the closest finishes in PMMF history?
Trump 2016
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Dark77 wrote:Having watched the 1992 Indy 500, I wonder:

The first Rejectrucks race had 0.12s margin of victory ... at Adelaide.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Dark77 wrote:Having watched the 1992 Indy 500, I wonder:

Top 5 finished within 2 seconds of each other at the 1980 Australian Grand Prix
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I wonder what happened to Flaschenpost.
Trump 2016
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Dark77 wrote:I wonder what happened to Flaschenpost.

He went away for a few weeks, and never returned. At least, so it looks.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

This wrote:He went away for a few weeks, and never returned. At least, so it looks.
Well I know that, but I wonder why...
Trump 2016
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, technically this is not the thread for it but given as AndreaModa is most likely to see it here: we had ourselves a little bet and since a certain someone secured the world championship on Sunday, I am said winner of the bet. That means for the rest of the year, your sig and your profile pic are mine. Admittedly I do not feel very creative, so we go for childish taunting. :lol:

Your new profile pic:

Your new signature:
Sebastian Vettel - Best Driver Of All Time!
Current Era Alternate F1 - Best Virtual Series In The World!
RealRacingRoots - Best User On This Board!
F1R Mibbit Chatroom - Best Way To Spend Your Time!
Stepping Barefoot On A Thumbtack - Best Feeling Ever at least compared to watching soccer!

As established, both apply until the end of the year ... with the time taken to set it up added to it ;9
Last edited by Klon on 29 Oct 2013, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:Well, technically this is not the thread for it but given as AndreaModa is most likely to see it here: we had ourselves a little bet and since a certain someone secured the world championship on Sunday, I am said winner of the bet. That means for the rest of the year, your sig and your profile pic are mine. Admittedly I do not feel very creative, so we go for childish taunting. :lol:

Your new profile pic:

Your new signature:
Stepping Barefoot On A Thumbtack - Best Feeling Ever at least compared to watching soccer!

As established, both apply until the end of the year ... with the time taken to set it up
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Klon wrote:Your new signature:

Uhhh, what?
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Randomness exists in this post...

I decided to search "Ben Fleet" into Google, and all I got on page 1 of results (as expected) was about a town in Essex. However, change it to "Ben Fleet F1", and the first result is his Wiki profile. Continue down that first page of results and you get this random recent BBC news article!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

That looks like a nice car to drive down the highway :D
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:That looks like a nice car to drive down the highway :D

It did remind me a bit of a Caparo. And the only time I have been aware of seeing a Caparo on the Queen's highway was in... the same town of Benfleet! Wonder if that guy was anything to do with it?
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I've been reading the old threads of the F1RWRS, around the era when Lappy was in charge. And it looks wildly different to today's series. Simple signups with no stats or driver contracts compared to now with Reject Superlicensces and the credits system.I have a question stemming from this,though.

What game/programme did Lappy use to simulate the F1RWRS?

EDIT: 76000th post on the Perry McCarthy forums! This calls for a celebration!
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

WaffleCat wrote:I've been reading the old threads of the F1RWRS, around the era when Lappy was in charge. And it looks wildly different to today's series. Simple signups with no stats or driver contracts compared to now with Reject Superlicensces and the credits system.I have a question stemming from this,though.

TOCA Race Driver 3. Or V8 Supercars 3, as it's known in our corner of the universe.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:I've been reading the old threads of the F1RWRS, around the era when Lappy was in charge. And it looks wildly different to today's series. Simple signups with no stats or driver contracts compared to now with Reject Superlicensces and the credits system.I have a question stemming from this,though.

TOCA Race Driver 3. Or V8 Supercars 3, as it's known in our corner of the universe.

Which, upon reflection, was an awful game to use :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:I've been reading the old threads of the F1RWRS, around the era when Lappy was in charge. And it looks wildly different to today's series. Simple signups with no stats or driver contracts compared to now with Reject Superlicensces and the credits system.

Ahh yeas, those were the days, as old folk are known to say a lot! Did Aerond not recently say something about trying to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)?!

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:What game/programme did Lappy use to simulate the F1RWRS?

Which, upon reflection, was an awful game to use :lol:

You won't hear any complaints from Pippa Mann about that!

I guess you were not able to edit drivers' names into the game, but substitute an in-game driver for each F1RWRS driver?
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I wish it was still that simple
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:

Hey, here's something I've been wondering: If you hate how Aerond's running F1RWRS so much, why don't you leave? It's not like anyone's forcing you to stay.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hello guys,

I am completely sorry about today's butthurt reaction of my team, Aurico Autosport, being kicked out of F3RWRS, here and over IRC. I've understand that I was forget about the whole F3RWRS thing, to the point I were kicked out of that. I understand my mistake, although I blame myself for participating in too many series, canon and non-canon. :(

Regards
FMecha
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Does anyone know how to upload a text file on xkoranate? Multiple attempts haven't worked. It just keeps doing nothing when I try and upload it. Thanks in advance :)
Trulli bad puns...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerospeed wrote:Does anyone know how to upload a text file on xkoranate? Multiple attempts haven't worked. It just keeps doing nothing when I try and upload it. Thanks in advance :)

Delete the em dash first before you upload a scorination result ;)
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

FMecha wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Does anyone know how to upload a text file on xkoranate? Multiple attempts haven't worked. It just keeps doing nothing when I try and upload it. Thanks in advance :)

Delete the em dash first before you upload a scorination result ;)

Erm... I don't know what you mean by that... no, what I mean is when you start an event and set up the parameters, then you go into the "set participants" list and you click on the icon "Import from text file"... and when I do that, nothing happens. I'll put up an example of what I tried to setup:

Code: Select all

Valentino Rossi; Yamaha; 10.000;10.000;10.000
Casey Stoner; Ducati; 9.000; 9.000; 9.000
Dani Pedrosa; Honda; 8.000; 8.000; 8.000
Trulli bad puns...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Hey, here's something I've been wondering: If you hate how Aerond's running F1RWRS so much, why don't you leave? It's not like anyone's forcing you to stay.

THIS. And it's not like there's nobody eager to get a team in F1RWRS. I have a mammoth waiting list and if you're not happy, I think it'd be better for all if you left your place to a happier team owner
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Aerond wrote:
Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

THIS. And it's not like there's nobody eager to get a team in F1RWRS. I have a mammoth waiting list and if you're not happy, I think it'd be better for all if you left your place to a happier team owner

I have no plans of leaving, I just have trouble following all the constant changes. I especially hate how there are so many backroom deals in the chat whit often take days for people who weren't there to find out about. I barely have time to be on mibbit at all and I hate being so out of the loop on this stuff.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I have no plans of leaving, I just have trouble following all the constant changes. I especially hate how there are so many backroom deals in the chat whit often take days for people who weren't there to find out about. I barely have time to be on mibbit at all and I hate being so out of the loop on this stuff.

It's not difficult like you make it out to be. A bunch of us have a ton of RL stuff and still manage just fine. Either get yourself into the loop or stop complaining about it, it's not our responsibility to keep you personally informed of everything.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I have no plans of leaving, I just have trouble following all the constant changes. I especially hate how there are so many backroom deals in the chat whit often take days for people who weren't there to find out about. I barely have time to be on mibbit at all and I hate being so out of the loop on this stuff.

Why are you so worried about backroom deals? If you aren't involved in them, then they don't concern you.
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Biscione wrote:It's not difficult like you make it out to be. A bunch of us have a ton of RL stuff and still manage just fine. Either get yourself into the loop or stop complaining about it, it's not our responsibility to keep you personally informed of everything.

Salamander wrote:Why are you so worried about backroom deals? If you aren't involved in them, then they don't concern you.

The point is if you're not in the chat you won't be involved in the deals in the first place! In order to be fairly successful you need to try and secure yourself a decent pair of drivers, more than ever with the current performance parameters (which I'm totally fine with btw). Having said that the rules were adapted so that driver signings had to be confirmed in the forum thread before they could be actioned, so that has helped in this respect.

But I do sympathise with RDD and understand where he's coming from. It's hard when most of you guys are in the chat most evenings discussing stuff when others who don't have the time to be there are missing out. You can't make time for everything, that's a fact of life that if you don't understand yet then you soon will. Get a full time job, get a partner, get a house and take on the responsibilities of life and you soon discover that your free time rapidly diminishes, at which point the attractiveness of sitting in a chat room for a whole evening discussing stuff (mostly shite it has to be said from my little experience) is virtually non-existent. So you end up being out of the loop on most things. And if you find that hard to take then it can be a bit frustrating and demoralising when decisions and signings are made without you knowing, that perhaps you might have taken an interest in had you known.

There isn't an obvious solution to the problem but let's cut the kid some slack for a change and try and appreciate why it might be annoying if you're missing out on driver opportunities or whatever from not being able to be in the chat, and leave it at that eh?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:It's hard when most of you guys are in the chat most evenings discussing stuff when others who don't have the time to be there are missing out. You can't make time for everything, that's a fact of life that if you don't understand yet then you soon will. Get a full time job, get a partner, get a house and take on the responsibilities of life and you soon discover that your free time rapidly diminishes, at which point the attractiveness of sitting in a chat room for a whole evening discussing stuff (mostly shite it has to be said from my little experience) is virtually non-existent. So you end up being out of the loop on most things. And if you find that hard to take then it can be a bit frustrating and demoralising when decisions and signings are made without you knowing, that perhaps you might have taken an interest in had you known.

I'm in the chat most of the time, but that doesn't mean I'm actively taking part in discussions. Usually I'll just connect and go do something else, checking back every now and then to see what's going on. But even if you can't afford to access the chat on a regular basis, there's nothing to stop you from sending out a quick PM or putting out a post in the Classifieds thread if you have a seat that needs filling.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Here's what I have to say: I can understand both points of view here.

On the one hand, if deals are conducted outside of your knowledge it is a bit of a kick in a teeth to then find out about them, especially if you dont have the time or the means to access the chat on a regular basis. I can see the frustration there.

But on the other, backroom deals have been conducted since the dawn of F1RWRS. Before the chat really took off, deals were conducted in complete secrecy via forum PM, so it's not like these 'secret deals' are a new thing. Also, as Salamander said, if someone has a proposal for you and they can't contact you on the chat and the issue is to tentative for the forums, they're likely to PM you to discuss things. If someone specifically has something for you in particular, they'll seek you out. Another thing - whilst I understand some members unfortunately lead an extremely busy RL life and dont have time for the luxuries of the chat, I have to say RonDenisDeletraz does not make much of an effort to get on top of things himself. The current regs are not too complicated to understand, and if AndreaModa can sit down sometime and manage to get his head around all the changes to the regs and stuff, so can you. Also, most of the deals conducted on the chat are off the back of a member being proactive about something - actively appealing for drivers, etc. It helps for you to be proactive yourself and PM or pop into the chat to talk to people about possible ideas, instead of posting a complaint and feeling sorry for yourself that you missed out.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Let's get the facts straight. Shady backroom deals have been around for all the time - before Mibbit was introduced (by yours truly, so in the end you should all blame me :lol:), they were simply made over the forum's e-mail system. People use Mibbit for driver negotiations because it's much faster and easier than exchanging e-mails or forum posts to negotiate the contract terms (if any). Yes, it may put the people who don't/can't use Mibbit into a poorer position because they cannot respond to the changes immediatedly, but what should be done then? Ban Mibbit negotiations completely? At least now there's a rule which mandates that all driver changes have to be confirmed on the forum so you won't miss any changes just because you weren't on the chat at the right time.

I do agree though that Aerond hasn't given people a lot of time to react for a couple of times this season, but he's had good explanations for both of them. In the Vantini/Mestolio case, he claimed that it was AndreaModa who delayed the decision until the last minute, giving Warren Hughes pretty much no time to react whatsoever. While in the case of Autodynamics being DSQed from the Belgian GP, the Monaco F2RWRS results (and Albertini's penalty) weren't published until the day before the next F1RWRS race and RonDenisDeletraz chose a driver who had already been reserved in another team (which hadn't been confirmed on the forum, only on the wiki), and due to time zone differences was not able to correct the matter when Aerond warned him of it. But in both cases Aerond had to make a difficult decision: delay the race to appease one team owner at the cost of causing severe disruptions in the whole race schedule, or run the race anyway? If I was in a similar situation I'd probably have to do just the same as Aerond did.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I do more shady backroom deals than Flav himself. However, almost all of them have been via email, not the chat. Mignolet, Spencer, Greenlaw, Case, they were all signed by email. I sold my F1RWRS chassis twice behind closed doors...again, both in email. People who've never set foot in Mibbit get back. Team owners who post far less than certain others, manage to find time to reply within a day mostly. You don't need Mibbit to stay in the loop, you just need to not sit back and do nothing.

Blaming Mibbit for losing the game is nothing less than scapegoating and avoiding the true source of blame; yourself. I went on holiday for a week and missed nothing. Why? Checking email on my phone once in a while. WiFi is everywhere. Most phone plans have built in data allowance now. All it takes is one click, ten seconds, done. Not having enough time is a poor poor excuse, if you don't have ten seconds free in your life, you're doing something wrong.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Well there we go. Me being at fault for the Vantini thing is news to me! I told Aerond I wanted the test with Mestolio weeks before that race was run, then I got the results from it a couple of days before the race. Due to being at work I didn't have time to post the announcement until a day or so before the race which unfortunately left WarrenHughes out in the lurch so to speak.

But I guess that highlights the advantages of being in the chat on a regular basis right there doesn't it? Not only to discuss alternative drivers, etc but also to find out that I was the one carrying the bloody blame! Charming!

Aside from that though, I have to agree with Pasta that being pro-active is very important if you want to do well, regardless of whether you're in the chat regularly or not.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AndreaModa wrote:Well there we go. Me being at fault for the Vantini thing is news to me! I told Aerond I wanted the test with Mestolio weeks before that race was run, then I got the results from it a couple of days before the race. Due to being at work I didn't have time to post the announcement until a day or so before the race which unfortunately left WarrenHughes out in the lurch so to speak.

But I guess that highlights the advantages of being in the chat on a regular basis right there doesn't it? Not only to discuss alternative drivers, etc but also to find out that I was the one carrying the bloody blame! Charming!

Aside from that though, I have to agree with Pasta that being pro-active is very important if you want to do well, regardless of whether you're in the chat regularly or not.

He did indeed mention you as the person to blame after I kept asking about why the deal was rushed.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Should have kept Vantini for another race :P
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nuppiz wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Well there we go. Me being at fault for the Vantini thing is news to me! I told Aerond I wanted the test with Mestolio weeks before that race was run, then I got the results from it a couple of days before the race. Due to being at work I didn't have time to post the announcement until a day or so before the race which unfortunately left WarrenHughes out in the lurch so to speak.

He did indeed mention you as the person to blame after I kept asking about why the deal was rushed.

Well that is unfortunate.

I know this is irrelevant and totally off-topic but I feel I need to set the record straight here. I have the emails to prove that I did in fact give Aerond weeks (and I'm not exaggerating here) to run the test with the drivers I wanted. The last correspondence I had with him was the 25th November. I didn't get the test results until the 17th December. I then needed to clarify the pay driver rules before committing, the reply to which I got on the morning of the 18th. I was able to write a quick reply to Aerond on my lunch break, to say I'd have the confirmation on the forum after work before 6pm GMT. And lo and behold, later that day was my forum post: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6254&start=800#p281057

Now I am truly sorry to WarrenHughes, Pasta and anyone else who was pissed off with the timing of that driver move, because if it was me I'd be annoyed as well. I did everything I could in the time available to me, and I wish in hindsight that I'd contacted WarrenHughes in the time between me emailing Aerond and the test being run to give him some advance notice that he may need a driver change. Alas, I didn't and I'm sorry about that. All of this should just be a bit of fun for all of us and I'd never go out of my way to deny anyone enjoyment in this, because otherwise there isn't any point in it. I feel very bad now, knowing what has been said and discussed and that myself and the whole situation was viewed in such a negative light. I hope everyone understands the situation now.

As an aside, if anyone wants to see the email chain between myself and Aerond to confirm what I said above, I'm more than happy to share it.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I wonder how many of these new series are going to collapse before a race has even been run...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

AustralianStig wrote:I wonder how many of these new series are going to collapse before a race has even been run...

You just made me imagine a scenario where the majority of the team owners leave with no one replacing them. But then, this is the strange part, the remaining people decide to abandon the series they're in too, but merge into one new series with no central manager apart from a game-runner, where everything is decided FC-style, down to individual drivers' penalties and the game the series is in.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in