The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
by Nuppiz 17 Feb 2013, 14:19
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Klon wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:ProstGP (2001)


I object to that. You can count the connections to RWRS in that series on one hand. The current SRL has more connections than that.

True, and I admit I forgot the SRL, but ProstGP is a new series, so people are still developing storylines. Besides, it has two tangible relations, Scuderia Vittore form RoLFS and Frederic Maxime Voeckler from F1RGP2C and the RWRS Voeckler family.

Nathan Nurmester says hello. Also, Finanz-Sichereit Konglomerat, best known as the company behind LifeGP and part-owner of NRE is also involved.

Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
by pi314159 17 Feb 2013, 14:57
And there's Mazzacane Motorsport, although I still have to create a story how they ever recovered from this failure.

pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
by Ataxia 17 Feb 2013, 14:58
ProstGP has Jose Alvarez driving; Diego Álvarez Torrente's father.

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
by tommykl 17 Feb 2013, 17:49
Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:If it wasn't for the Bathurst Enduro, the F1RMGP would probably be the headline of the other major canonical timeline (which consists of all of Samster's championships, Tommykl's 1950s F1 championship and your mid-late 70s championship)

I think they are unconnected? At least Samsters A1GP and tommykl's Formula One are seperate, since Barth died in A1GP 1951 and competes in F1 in 1952.


That's because Tommykl missed a memo somewhere as from memory, at least one driver has been disallowed from participating in the A1GP due to being killed off in tommykl's series.

Seriously? The only drivers to be killed off in my series were Cabantous and Fagioli, and Fagioli died sometime around May 1951 in my championship, and competed in the A1GP Italian round in September that same year, so I think they're completely unrelated (I thought that was only an issue because I brought up Rubirosa's success in the A1 series as the "official" reason to give him a license for 1952...)

kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
by DemocalypseNow 17 Feb 2013, 18:31
tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I think they are unconnected? At least Samsters A1GP and tommykl's Formula One are seperate, since Barth died in A1GP 1951 and competes in F1 in 1952.


That's because Tommykl missed a memo somewhere as from memory, at least one driver has been disallowed from participating in the A1GP due to being killed off in tommykl's series.

Seriously? The only drivers to be killed off in my series were Cabantous and Fagioli, and Fagioli died sometime around May 1951 in my championship, and competed in the A1GP Italian round in September that same year, so I think they're completely unrelated (I thought that was only an issue because I brought up Rubirosa's success in the A1 series as the "official" reason to give him a license for 1952...)

It was me who put Fagioli in the car, because I don't follow your series and assumed as he was alive in real life at that point, it would be fine. Nobody pointed out my error to me. So I don't know what to say, I didn't realise there was canonicity between the two.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
by TomWazzleshaw 17 Feb 2013, 20:30
tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I think they are unconnected? At least Samsters A1GP and tommykl's Formula One are seperate, since Barth died in A1GP 1951 and competes in F1 in 1952.


That's because Tommykl missed a memo somewhere as from memory, at least one driver has been disallowed from participating in the A1GP due to being killed off in tommykl's series.

Seriously? The only drivers to be killed off in my series were Cabantous and Fagioli, and Fagioli died sometime around May 1951 in my championship, and competed in the A1GP Italian round in September that same year, so I think they're completely unrelated (I thought that was only an issue because I brought up Rubirosa's success in the A1 series as the "official" reason to give him a license for 1952...)


Ah, looks like I tried to add 2 and 2 together and ended up with the square root of 7. I'll withdraw to my cave now :oops:

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
by RonDenisDeletraz 17 Feb 2013, 20:43
pasta_maldonado wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:
eurobrun wrote:While livestreaming is a great idea it annoys me that I am very rarely available to watch the stream

That's because your on the other side of the world.

I think he's on his phone, tbh


I vary rarely have access to a proper computer at the usual livestream times. It is usually in the morning here

aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
by FMecha 21 Feb 2013, 06:07
I am going to suspect that remindergate was metagamed. Why dragging a OOC problem into IC world? Remindergate was unnecessary, I admit (and I now felt guilty of that), but dragging it into IC world is also unnecessary. :evil:

PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
by Salamander 21 Feb 2013, 07:41
FMecha wrote:I am going to suspect that remindergate was metagamed. Why dragging a OOC problem into IC world? Remindergate was unnecessary, I admit (and I now felt guilty of that), but dragging it into IC world is also unnecessary. :evil:


The reason is because if you got kicked out of F1RWRS and/or other series because of it, then we needed an IC reason to explain this. Also, why do you feel the need to bring up past events when there is no reason to? Just let remindergate be forgotten.

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
by Warren Hughes 21 Feb 2013, 09:15
FMecha wrote:I am going to suspect that remindergate was metagamed. Why dragging a OOC problem into IC world? Remindergate was unnecessary, I admit (and I now felt guilty of that), but dragging it into IC world is also unnecessary. :evil:

Ah, shut up and move on.

Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
by FMecha 21 Feb 2013, 09:18
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Also, why do you feel the need to bring up past events when there is no reason to? Just let remindergate be forgotten.


Because generally OOC problems need not to be dragged to IC world - that is metagaming. Anyway, you're right - I shall forget that. :|

PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
by FMecha 02 Apr 2013, 19:02
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22002424

Look who's been up to his old tricks again... :roll:


What a bathplugging coincidence. Especially since I write how aggresive Robert is... :shock:

PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
by DemocalypseNow 20 Aug 2013, 20:51
pasta_maldonado wrote:Why does RWRS deprivation strike so bathplugging hard :x ;)

Chill out! First round of F1RWRS is on 31 Sept :P

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
by dr-baker 21 Aug 2013, 19:20
Stramala wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Why does RWRS deprivation strike so bathplugging hard :x ;)

Chill out! First round of F1RWRS is on 31 Sept :P

Oh. :( I was hoping it might have been sooner. Like the 32nd August...

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
by RealRacingRoots 01 Apr 2015, 08:27
Aerond doesn't understand the concept of precedence. Instead he's more moody and erratic then a 13 year old girl who just had her period.
Ironic how the bury-guy is digging up old threads.

The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
.
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
.
GT Super Series
by Normal32 05 Sep 2016, 01:13
Klon wrote:Right now it looks like F4 must become fictional drivers only from 2019 onwards. From what little we have seen so far, no F4 series has been able to properly integrate RL drivers performance-wise.


I pretty much agree with this. We should take some factors into doing RL drivers, otherwise RL drivers just end up being fictional drivers who don't have a DEC.

Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
by Bobby Doorknobs 05 Sep 2016, 02:05
Normal32 wrote:
Klon wrote:Right now it looks like F4 must become fictional drivers only from 2019 onwards. From what little we have seen so far, no F4 series has been able to properly integrate RL drivers performance-wise.


I pretty much agree with this. We should take some factors into doing RL drivers, otherwise RL drivers just end up being fictional drivers who don't have a DEC.

Anything constructive? All the real-life drivers in Anglo-Irish F4 (being the only series that has multiple races done, I'm assuming this is where the rather empty criticism is aimed) are karting graduates, and karting in my view is not exactly a strong indicator of whether or not someone is going to be a great driver once they move up to cars - at least not straight away. Enaam Ahmed (a World Karting champion) has so far not set the world alight, nor did Oliver Oakes.

To build on this, it is possible for these drivers to improve. Granted, this is not something I had thought about when I first proposed the Anglo-Irish series, but from next season any drivers who stay on from 2018 will have their performance RNGs re-rolled using their existing figures as a base. I haven't fully thought this through yet, and it may or may not be implemented this way, but I may as well leave that in the open for comment and/or criticism.

I haven't run any ASMF series before, there are a number of intricacies of that part of the forum I don't understand. How am I supposed to know exactly how to do things straight off the bat?

If you feel the need to criticise, come with actual suggestions, don't just passive-aggressively complain about it in here.
by Klon 05 Sep 2016, 03:03
First things first: my post was actually inspired by getz's first race where, unless I missed something, no real driver finished in the upper half if the standings.

The problem with RL drivers is that, if we use them, we need to reflect, to a point, their actual skills. Obviously, a feeder series always works in guessing: it should, however, be an educated guess. Your point about karting not being a good base to evaluate skill of is a valid one.

I actually do not have any solutions, which is why I posted my doubts in here, instead of taking it anywhere else. If I offended you, simtek, I ask for your forgiveness.

by Bobby Doorknobs 05 Sep 2016, 11:45
Klon wrote:I actually do not have any solutions, which is why I posted my doubts in here, instead of taking it anywhere else. If I offended you, simtek, I ask for your forgiveness.

You have it. I apologise for my own response which admittedly could have been less hostile. I really need to stay away from this place when I'm tired...
by DemocalypseNow 05 Sep 2016, 13:16
We don't need to do anything specific, but merely have a system that's fair across the board. Perhaps Getz' system didn't take into account anything like tiering, which I use, and a method to determine first the distribution of ability, and then within that distribution, define the precise ability for those drivers.

Italian F4 has 5 tiers of driver. The last one is for Gentleman Class drivers only, so is essentially irrelevant to this, and we'll stick to the top 4 only.

Firstly, let's look at the distribution of fictional vs real life in the series. There are 21 fictional drivers, and 15 real life drivers. 5 of the RL drivers are Class G, and 1 fictional is Class G, so we're left with 20 vs 10.

Now, the following is a breakdown of the four normal tiers, and how may real life and fictional drivers are in each;

  1. Fictional 6 / Real 3
  2. Fictional 4 / Real 2
  3. Fictional 4 / Real 5
  4. Fictional 6 / Real 0

As you can see, for the upper two tiers, the distribution of talent is proportionally exactly the same as the overall spread of real vs fictional drivers in the series as a whole, whilst there are no real life drivers at all in the bottom rung of the ladder. Ergo, if it turns out there is a noticeable effect of fictional drivers being more successful than real life ones, it will be nothing more than a by-product of there simply being more of them on the grid.

The overall point here is that I agree with Simtek's assertion that karting is not necessarily a true indicator of probability for single seater success, and that you don't need to create special modifiers for real life drivers. There are a couple of RL drivers who had done F4 before in the series, and I RNG'd their tier within a range that specifically took into account their results at this level previously, but for the karting guys it was wide open.

As long as the base system for determining talent for all drivers in the series is properly designed and implemented, there will be an outcome of a fair, proportional distribution of talent between real and fictional drivers. All that needs to happen is for experienced series hosts to offer a hand to those who are new to the scene, and give some guidance of how to build a randomising talent system that will produce a fair and balanaced field of drivers.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
by CaptainGetz12 05 Sep 2016, 21:49
Based on my results so far for my F4 series I already see some highs and some lows. My series did driver RNG based on a range between 15000 and 15800 for fictional drivers, but I gave real life drivers more consistency between 15200 and 15600.

I also added extra points based upon past driver experience, but I only added no more than 10 points, so I feel that I should add more points to show the extra experience.

I do agree with the mindset that karting talent does not transfer directly to car talent, but past experience, especially in other, slower cars, should have at least a notable impact on improved performance in F4 cars.

I wanted to keep it simple for the first season (won't go past a mid-season "improvement" bonus and changes in weather), so I may look into a "tier" system or a system that makes a more balanced system in regards to driver management.

Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
by Butterfox 01 Oct 2016, 20:45
Regarding the ridiculous threats from Biscione about my behavior. I was left with no other option but trying to contact Jenoch about this.

If i get banned permanently, you will know it's because i was trying to make this forum a better place. Enough harmless people have been threatened with bans, received temporary bas or permanent bans, in the majority of those case the reason was censorship. I think most of you understand what i'm talking about and therefore i will not further explain this. I hope all of you realise what's really going on now.

I've become a nuisance because i'm only trying to help (objective truth) and gave it my all.

If this is my last message, then i will thank everyone for sharing their great times with me. I know it sounds ridiculous, but i have trouble fighting my tears now. This has been a big part of my life, and it's all ruined because of the bullying of 2 people (which i do not need to name).

To the rest of the forum: thank you for everything.

I don't know what i want and i want it now!
by Butterfox 01 Oct 2016, 23:48
I decided not to delete the previous post (even if it's double posting), so people who don't understand what has happened. Editing the post would be an option but i decided against it, because of the whole different nature of both posts. I hope this is okay. This post might not be necessairy, but i hope it is okay.

So now i officially declare a commincation stop with certain members, because things will get heated up if i do so. I hope they will be able to channel what they want to say trough the other moderators if they need to.

Having a good talk with some other mods has helped a bit, and i hope they think about my points of view. So will i have a think about their points of view. It's unlikely we'l agree on some things, as it is hard to unlearn habits that go against my nature and actually helped me a lot in my life. As my way of doing things has worked more often than it didn't work, it's hard to unlearn and hard for me to understand the alternative. Nevertheless i will do an effort to to not post more than necessairy and avoid the discussions for a while. But i ask you to try to not provoke me. At this point i am easily provoked, even if you do intend in a positive way. This is not mandatory, but i hope for some understanding regarding that. And unfortunately it might get even worse in a few months, but i will inform the mods about that when it happens and why that is going to happen. I will discuss then (likely somewhere in november) how to tackle that issue. (this is not something i mentioned before, but it will make sense when i mention it, don't worry)
Nevertheless, i hope some of the words i said are being taken serious by the people as well, and that over time, people start to see what i'm referring to and where i'm coming from with the things i said. I do not expect them to agree, i just hope that over time they understand why i felt my behaviour was absolutely necessairy. Whether or not it was necessairy is a discussion i'm having with some moderators and it will likely end in an 'agree to disagree' situation. However thankfully i've been able to make a few contextual things clear. It's obvious that i'm dissapointed in some other things that happened, but i will not talk about that publicly anymore.

i would like to add that i can handle criticism in general, so it's relatively safe to criticise me when you word it calmy. But that at the time i'm extremely vulnerable to provocative words it might contain. Wheter or not it is provocative is up for debate, but that debate comes from both sides.

I hope i will not be considered as arrogant, alienated, annoying, problematic or even paranoid. The context is been made clear to one of the moderators, and i hope this will help me forward. But please understand i can not promise to 'not be provoked'.

Regarding the words said to 2 certain persons, at the time, i will not talk to them. This involves literally ignoring them in every situation, because i can not answer to them in a respectful and proper way currently. Wether or not i will change my opinions about them, well, i can't promise anything.

I was surprised that some of my words have been taken very differently than i expected them to be taken. I hope that other members realise that some of their words also had a similarly unexpected reaction from my side.

I hope this post is not offensive, because at the moment, i just don't know anymore.

I don't know what i want and i want it now!
by Bobby Doorknobs 29 Sep 2017, 11:50
Oh, man, if I remembered this thread existed more often...

The Laudaring.

They didn't rename the Österreichring when Jochen Rindt died. Why would they suddenly do it after Niki Lauda dies?

As you were.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests