Unpopular opinions for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Gerudo Dragon

Re: Unpopular opinions for virtual series

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Ashley Watkinson should be retired, it would be a fair and quick way of ending the debate.
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dark77 wrote:Ashley Watkinson should be retired, it would be a fair and quick way of ending the debate.

I was actually considering taking over his DEC and doing just that. But it's resolved now.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Salamander wrote:I was actually considering taking over his DEC and doing just that. But it's resolved now.
No it isn't, he may be signed to Kamaha but he still doesn't have a manager, and I can't really think of a fair way of giving him one. What happens if they fire him? we can't just keep RNGing what he'll do.
Trump 2016
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Dark77 wrote:
Salamander wrote:I was actually considering taking over his DEC and doing just that. But it's resolved now.
No it isn't, he may be signed to Kamaha but he still doesn't have a manager, and I can't really think of a fair way of giving him one. What happens if they fire him? we can't just keep RNGing what he'll do.

I was under the impression that under force majure, Pasta would get the DECs of both Neuberg and Watkinson for 2016, giving us the entire season to sort out a more permanent solution for 2017.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

We should start considering a limit on the amount of 2017 series.
Trump 2016
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Dark77 wrote:We should start considering a limit on the amount of 2017 series.

Not unpopular with me. I'm already not following every series religiously.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I agree. To deliver another unpopular opinion, I think we should abolish the feeder series entirely. In my opinion, graduates from F2RWRS, F3RWRS and so on can be made up on the fly. I mean, it's mostly the winners and champions of such feeder series that make their way to the main series. So I don't see much need to carry on with the feeder series.

With no feeder series, we should have more room for other canon series. Like a proper endurance series for once.
MIA SAN MIA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ferrarist wrote:

I agree. To deliver another unpopular opinion, I think we should abolish the feeder series entirely. In my opinion, graduates from F2RWRS, F3RWRS and so on can be made up on the fly. I mean, it's mostly the winners and champions of such feeder series that make their way to the main series. So I don't see much need to carry on with the feeder series.

With no feeder series, we should have more room for other canon series. Like a proper endurance series for once.

I couldn't disagree more. As long as people are willing to run the series, and people are still signing up to them, what does it matter?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I agree with Salamander. I was a bit concerned about the number of series at the start of 2016. But 2016 went surprisingly well, so I see no need to cut down the number of series. The variety of series allows more members to take part, and to get some experience before entering the more complicated series, like F1RWRS.

About a proper endurance series, I'm planning one for 2017, as I don't think it makes sense to start in the middle of 2016.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I completely agree with Salamander on this. Granted, I don't follow any series other than F1-2RWRS, IFRC, SARS or F1RWRC (those in which I have drivers/teams and the one I'm running), but it's pretty easy to not follow the other ones. The only adverse effect this has had was on my performance in the PMMF quiz :P

As far as I see it, the only problem with more canon series is a longer wiki page for the calendar.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

If we allow the current RWRS canon to expand at this rate, the very least we should do is to limit the amount of double-dutying or simultaneous participation in two or more series by the drivers. It's becoming more and more difficult for us series organisers to keep tabs on which drivers have clashes in the schedule and when. The calendar page on the wiki helps, but with the recent expansions it's also getting quite bloated. It doesn't help that some driver owners have a very lax attitude towards these clashes and leave it up to the organisers to find out about each drivers' individual schedule.

So what I'm proposing is that from next season onwards, it should be disallowed or at least greatly discouraged to enter your driver for more than one canon series at a time (unless the other one is a winter series and has no clashes with the summer season). If you are ready to spread your racing organisation wildly around the canon, you should also be ready to make sure you have enough drivers to race effectively and if you must enter a driver to a second series, make sure there are no clashes before announcing that.

It also helps with the retcon issue. At the start of the season, despite intense pressure to start the season already I decided to delay the IFRC pre-season tests until after the first F3RWRS weekend, because calendar-wise the tests were a week after them and some F3RWRS drivers had been entered for the tests. Turns out it was the correct decision, because Hwok Kwol-Cho was injured in the F3RWRS race so it would've looked really weird if he took part in a test session after such a short period of recovery. But sometimes, we don't have the luxury of delaying the races until running them would be correct calendar-wise (such as me being forced to run the IFRC round last week to avoid lagging behind the calendar until I'm able to do it again). Now imagine a hypothetical situation where one of the drivers entered for the Mosport GT-R race was also entered for the Laguna Seca IFRC round, and said driver would suffer a massive crash in GT-R which would surely sideline him for months, but because the IFRC round has already been run the only option would either to have him miraculously escape an injury or retcon the IFRC results. Neither of which are realistical options.

While I don't remember the above ever happening (or at least, not becoming a large issue), I'm afraid that with the constant calendar expansion and the insistence of certain users to enter their drivers to every category possible it will happen one day. And it won't be pretty.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

dr-baker wrote:

Not unpopular with me. I'm already not following every series religiously.

I only really follow LGPS (which I don't even have an entry in), IFRC, and of course, RTSS, though the latter is mostly due to that... erm, I run it. :D

It is a bit hard to keep up with anything else on a regular basis.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Nuppiz wrote:If we allow the current RWRS canon to expand at this rate, the very least we should do is to limit the amount of double-dutying or simultaneous participation in two or more series by the drivers. It's becoming more and more difficult for us series organisers to keep tabs on which drivers have clashes in the schedule and when. The calendar page on the wiki helps, but with the recent expansions it's also getting quite bloated. It doesn't help that some driver owners have a very lax attitude towards these clashes and leave it up to the organisers to find out about each drivers' individual schedule.

So what I'm proposing is that from next season onwards, it should be disallowed or at least greatly discouraged to enter your driver for more than one canon series at a time (unless the other one is a winter series and has no clashes with the summer season). If you are ready to spread your racing organisation wildly around the canon, you should also be ready to make sure you have enough drivers to race effectively and if you must enter a driver to a second series, make sure there are no clashes before announcing that.

It also helps with the retcon issue. At the start of the season, despite intense pressure to start the season already I decided to delay the IFRC pre-season tests until after the first F3RWRS weekend, because calendar-wise the tests were a week after them and some F3RWRS drivers had been entered for the tests. Turns out it was the correct decision, because Hwok Kwol-Cho was injured in the F3RWRS race so it would've looked really weird if he took part in a test session after such a short period of recovery. But sometimes, we don't have the luxury of delaying the races until running them would be correct calendar-wise (such as me being forced to run the IFRC round last week to avoid lagging behind the calendar until I'm able to do it again). Now imagine a hypothetical situation where one of the drivers entered for the Mosport GT-R race was also entered for the Laguna Seca IFRC round, and said driver would suffer a massive crash in GT-R which would surely sideline him for months, but because the IFRC round has already been run the only option would either to have him miraculously escape an injury or retcon the IFRC results. Neither of which are realistical options.

While I don't remember the above ever happening (or at least, not becoming a large issue), I'm afraid that with the constant calendar expansion and the insistence of certain users to enter their drivers to every category possible it will happen one day. And it won't be pretty.

I agree to impose a limit; Wizzie already took the measure and I'm taking it too and including it specifically on the F1RWRS rulebook, and I think it really should be adopted by all canon series
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Drivers doing double duty might work for some of the GT series, but for everything else it would just be kind of odd. Plus, no double-duty would open the door for more people to get involved.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I hate the word reject being in almost every series name, it just looks tacky and makes the canon harder to take seriously
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I hate the word reject being in almost every series name, it just looks tacky and makes the canon harder to take seriously

Then why are you even here? Don't like Rejects? Don't come to F1 Rejects.

Now you're just complaining for the sake of complaining!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Biscione wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I hate the word reject being in almost every series name, it just looks tacky and makes the canon harder to take seriously

Way to totally misinterpret me :roll:

I do like real life F1 Rejects a lot. I just think having a racing series with Reject in the name is a bit silly
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I do like real life F1 Rejects a lot. I just think having a racing series with Reject in the name is a bit silly

It's not real, so it doesn't matter.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

Ataxia wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I do like real life F1 Rejects a lot. I just think having a racing series with Reject in the name is a bit silly

It's not real, so it doesn't matter.

It is only my opinion, hence why I posted it in an unpopular opinions thread. Obviously it isn't going to happen

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

And thus it was decreed, the Toyota Rejects Racing Series should henceforth be known as Rejecta Rejects Rejecting Rejecters.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Biscione wrote:

Biscione wrote:And thus it was decreed, the Toyota Rejects Racing Series should henceforth be known as Rejecta Rejects Rejecting Rejecters.

Poor tennis, biscione, very poor tennis.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Klon wrote:
Biscione wrote:And thus it was decreed, the Toyota Rejects Racing Series should henceforth be known as Rejecta Rejects Rejecting Rejecters.

Poor tennis, biscione, very poor tennis.

He's Scottish, what do you expect?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Rejects-1 :cry:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke