Turbogirl's Template Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Turbogirl

Turbogirl's Template Thread

Post by Turbogirl »

Introduction

Maybe I'm the only one, but has anyone else ever noticed the lack of unique, easily accessible F1 templates on the internet before? You desperately want a cool looking template for the wiki page of your fictional PMMF team, but the only pics popping up on Google (or whatever you use) are a version of a Marussia and the old Jordan 191? And both templates are resized, so you can't fill in the colours in Photoshop properly?

Well, I can help you with that. I've drawn a vast amount of F1 cars over the past years. They're not as detailed as a technical drawing, but that was not my intention in the first place. I wanted to create easy to work on templates in high resolution. And I've decided to upload them here, cause I figured, someone on this forum might have some use for them.

It will take some time until I've uploaded all of them, so please be patient. All these templates are hand-drawn on a drawing board. I'm old-fashioned, I know. ;)

Also, I'm not taking requests. Sorry, but you'll have to take what's up. But don't worry, sooner or later there will be a template of every F1 car in existence (if I can make it that far). And yes, I'm even trying to work on the more obscure ones, plus some own designs I came up with.

Dear moderators! Please don't merge this thread with the Artwork and Liveries thread on here, because I can't do requests at the moment (maybe sometime later on) and I only draw car templates (no logos, no posters, nothing in color at all). That's why I've decided to make my own thread for this! This way the forumites can find all car templates in one place. I hope, this is okay?

AGS JH23

My first one for you. Don't ask me, why I've started with this one. I just like its design...

File Infos: 4536 x 1197 / 62,3 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... gsjh23.png

EDIT: Thanks to Biscione's tip, this template is now on formularejects as well. :)
Last edited by Turbogirl on 18 May 2018, 16:39, edited 10 times in total.
Turbogirl

Re: Turbogirl's Template Thread

Post by Turbogirl »

Lamborghini (Lambo) 291

Another endeared reject. I thought posting the reject cars on this forum first might not be such a dumb idea. This one has a little too much details on the sidepods, though. Not ideal for putting a big sponsor logo there...

File Infos: 4333 x 1136 / 58,3 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... ini291.png

Pacific PR01

Once I've posted the Benetton B194 and the Ligier JS41, you will notice how close their designs are to each other. :lol:

File Infos: 4464 x 1210 / 88,8 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... icpr01.png
Last edited by Turbogirl on 01 Apr 2014, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Thanks for that, i've been looking a long time for templates that i can work with with my ordinary paint-skills, so i could at least give people an idea of how i want them to make my actual liveries!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I figured out how the host Turbogirl used saves the files and made a mirror on imgur :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

This wrote:Thanks for that, i've been looking a long time for templates that i can work with with my ordinary paint-skills, so i could at least give people an idea of how i want them to make my actual liveries!

And they could also use my templates for the actual liveries, if they want to. Glad I can help. ;)

FMecha wrote:I figured out how the host Turbogirl used saves the files and made a mirror on imgur :)

Thanks! I'm using this hoster, because it's free, has no community and doesn't pester me with tons of unwanted advertisements. I like it clean and simple, you know? Only downside is, if the uploaded picture hasn't been requested by anyone for 50 days or so, the hoster deletes it automatically.

But I'm very happy, you like my templates. There are a lot more coming up, and maybe one day I'll take requests, but right now I'm afraid I'd get flooded by hundreds of requests, so for now I prefer going at my own pace. :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

These are great Turbogirl, should see a lot of these cropping up on the wiki (if people can be bothered). Still, for me, nothing quite beats seeing a livery you made yourself work well in a game.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:These are great Turbogirl, should see a lot of these cropping up on the wiki (if people can be bothered). Still, for me, nothing quite beats seeing a livery you made yourself work well in a game.

Thank you! I hope, one day I'll be able to set my Formula Female into motion and by then I should have uploaded enough templates to fill an entire grid. Unfortunately, I'm not too good with liveries myself, to be honest. It seems, I have no real talent when it comes to colour mixing or stuff like that. So only a paint job for Ferrari or Lotus (racing green and a yellow stripe) would be possible for me.

But I'm already excited to see which of my templates shows up on the forum or the wiki first. :D
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pasta_maldonado wrote:These are great Turbogirl, should see a lot of these cropping up on the wiki (if people can be bothered). Still, for me, nothing quite beats seeing a livery you made yourself work well in a game.

I agree, and one of my favourite things about F1RWRS is coming up with a livery each season and putting it on a template like these. I've had my 2017 one done for months now! :lol:

Great work Turbogirl, and if I get a chance, I'll definitely be using them!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Well, those are very good, especially if they're hand-drawn! :P I used to be a dab-hand at doing Batracer-style car templates, so if you want I could try and do a few? :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Turbogirl wrote:Thanks! I'm using this hoster, because it's free, has no community and doesn't pester me with tons of unwanted advertisements. I like it clean and simple, you know? Only downside is, if the uploaded picture hasn't been requested by anyone for 50 days or so, the hoster deletes it automatically.

Our own website has image hosting. It is free, doesn't require a signup and images are never deleted. It was designed exactly for this purpose.

http://www.formularejects.com/imageupload/

Imgur has been absolutely horrible of late, I've stopped using it now because it's become horrifically slow from all the garbage reddit uploads.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Here is the next wave. I've already uploaded them to my usual hoster, and only now saw Biscione's tip with the uploader on the new wiki. I'm going to upload all my templates on there in the future. :D

Because the original size is too big to fully display on the forum, I will only post the thumbnails and the link to the template itself. (I'll post both, just in case one or the other doesn't work for some reason.)

Forti FG01

File Infos: 4298 x 1184 / 157 KB / .png

Another classic reject, although the outlining looks a little strange. That will change, once you've edited shades to your livery, especially on the nosecone and the sidepots. Still, this is how a Brabham would have looked like, if the team hadn't folded in 1992 and Sergio Rinland would have stayed their designer.

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... tifg01.png

Life F190

File Infos: 4368 x 1146 / 55,3 KB / .png

A little too late for this one, I'm afraid, since the wonderful Life GP series isn't anymore. But still, please give a warm welcome to the mother (father?) of all reject cars!

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... fef190.png

BRM P222 (1992)

File Infos: 4330 x 1157 / 58,1 KB / .png

One of my very own designs. The BRM Team folded in the late seventies, but this is how one of their cars could have looked like in 1992. I hope you like it. Maybe someone gets the chance to play a fictional BRM Team in one of the Alternate F1 serieses set in the nineties...

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... 221992.png
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Honestly, that Life car template looks similar to Indycar/CART's cars from 1990s :shock:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nice work, Turbogirl.

As I did a spotters' guide for F2RWRS last season, I may look into doing one for the premier series before the 2017 season gets underway...and these could be useful.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Ataxia wrote:Nice work, Turbogirl.

As I did a spotters' guide for F2RWRS last season, I may look into doing one for the premier series before the 2017 season gets underway...and these could be useful.

I may sound stupid for asking, but the premier league is the F1RWRS, right? Well, if that's the case, I might have some better fitting templates for you. I have been working on some more actual F1 designs (2012 / 2013), which could be used for a fictional 2017. I need to dig them up under all these templates I've drawn so far first. So today I'll be uploading some more cars from the 80s and 90s, but by tomorrow or Friday I could post some of the new designs, if you want to take a look at them. :)
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Here comes the third wave! I think two templates should be enough for today, as I've just re-discovered the new designs I've mentioned in my previous post. And since I've found a lot more than expected, each and every F1RWRS Team could have its very own car design, if the players are able to decide, who should get what design. ;)

I'll start posting them tomorrow, because I've already scheduled two other templates for today.

Benetton B194

Illegal as hell, but also beautiful as hell. Somehow I get the feeling, my template doesn't quite match the good looks of the real thing. But I think it's a decent attempt nonetheless.

File Infos: 4384 x 1146 / 162,67 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... onb194.png

Zakspeed 871

One of my oldest templates, and it shows. I wasn't too good in free-hand drawing back then, so the engine coverage around the rollbar looks a little odd. Maybe I'll give this one a second try sometime in the future...

File Infos: 4394 x 1205 / 177,46 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... eed871.png
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Turbogirl wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Nice work, Turbogirl.

I may sound stupid for asking, but the premier league is the F1RWRS, right? Well, if that's the case, I might have some better fitting templates for you. I have been working on some more actual F1 designs (2012 / 2013), which could be used for a fictional 2017. I need to dig them up under all these templates I've drawn so far first. So today I'll be uploading some more cars from the 80s and 90s, but by tomorrow or Friday I could post some of the new designs, if you want to take a look at them. :)

It sure is. Yeah, when the season gets closer I'll have a word with the team managers as to which template they'd like before I'd get the guide together (though I'd expect AndreaModa and Biscotti would do their own).

Y'see, since F1RWRS uses GP2, I can't do anything like this where I just took side shots of the GP4 model. Actually that's a lie, I could, but it would look pretty shitty.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS Designs

Okay, just as promised, let's make a slight detour from my usual schedule and start with the designs for a possible 2017. But before we go on, I want to make a few things abundantly clear:

Is the "C" in the design name an abbreviation for my real name?
Sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't. "C" stands for the decade this car design is meant for. A marks the decade of the nineties, B the decade of 2000 - 2010, and C the decade we're in right now.
Unlike the BRM P222 and other original designs by me, types marked with either A, B or C weren't designed with a certain team in mind, although their chassis are based on actual designs.

Does "217" mean, I have designed at least 217 different cars for the decade C?
No, I haven't. Even if I tried, I couldn't be that creative. The "2" stands for the chassis type and the "17" stands for the specific version of this car. Usually I need a few versions, until I find the perfect design. And then there is the rare case, in which more than one version is to my liking.

Artistic licences
Because my guess of future car designs is as good as yours, I've decided to take some artistic licences. These cars were all designed during 2012, the first year of full frontal ugly nosecones (I had no idea, that 2014 would be even worse). So I got rid of any ugly nosecones and tried to make them look a little cooler, if I may use that term.
The other thing is the engine coverage. I really really can't stand today's designs for the engine coverage, so I tried to make them resemble the late 90s / early 2000s a bit more. Now the cars look more sleek and less bulky at the rear, don't you think?

Name changes
If the C216 should end up as the Dofasco DR109 (or something like that), it's fine with me. Seeing, that I most certainly will never make it into F1RWRS as a team owner (or as a player in general for that matter), I'd be very very happy, if I could make it as a trusted designer, so feel free to use as many of these templates as you like. :)

C216

The C2 series is my second favourite of that certain decade, the C4 being my most favourite. But we'll get to that one later on. I would go as far as calling the C2 design the basic or most conservative design, but it definitely has some of the best looks. Especially the C216!

File Infos: 4448 x 1157 / 163 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c216.png

C217

The C217 is the C216's successor. I tried to make the nosecone even thinner to make this one look more sleek. It features two small winglets in front of the sidepod's air intake and a slightly redesigned engine coverage.

File Infos: 4464 x 1184 / 166 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c217.png

More coming up during the next days. As I've said before, I have enough designs, so that each and every F1RWRS Team could have its own. :D
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Well, those are very good, especially if they're hand-drawn! :P I used to be a dab-hand at doing Batracer-style car templates, so if you want I could try and do a few? :)

Sure, if you like to! :)

In fact, everyone who likes to post a self-made template can use this thread to do so. But please stick to some rules, if you can:

a) Templates in high resolution, either .bmp or .png (.jpeg is a mixed bag, because it blurs the outlines)

b) They should be easy to work on, even with the most basic of MS Paint skills

c) Only post templates, you've made yourself! Don't post a template you've found on the internet, because most of the times they're not as good as they appear to be (especially if they are resized).

You can use http://www.formularejects.com/imageupload/ to upload the images, if you don't have a trusted imagehoster already.
Turbogirl

Re: Turbogirl's Template Thread - F1RWRS 2017 Designs

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Part 2)

Here is the second wave of possible F1RWRS templates for 2017. This time some designs from the C4 series, which is usually my most favourite, but after a short comparison to the already posted examples from the C2 series, I'm not so sure anymore... :roll:

C402

The second version of the C4 series. Probably I'm not going to post the C401, because the very first design from each series is usually not the best. This one however bears a slight resemblance to the C216, although it's based on a completely different chassis type.

File Infos: 4496 x 1114 / 154,19 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c402.png

C411

The final version of the C4 series. Until now I haven't found a way to improve the design any further, that's why I've already started with the C5 series, but that's a work in progress and might pop up on the PMMF, when the F1RWRS 2018 Season begins.

File Infos: 4448 x 1120 / 152,71 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c411.png

I'm posting two (or more) versions of the same design, because basically you can declare each of these as a seperate entity. I bet, if I hadn't told you, they're based on the same chassis type, you would've never guessed. ;)
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Part 3)

Third wave, again only two designs today. I do realize, that there are currently 20 teams competing in the F1RWRS, but that still doesn't mean, I won't take my time to pick the best looking cars or most original designs (if I go that far) for this occasion. ;)

C302

Series 3 is usually the one design series, in which I go completely nuts (not to be taken literally). This is the series with the most original or weird design choices I could come up with. But let me ease you all into the depths of my twisted mind and start out with the C302, a fairly "normal" looking design. But most importantly is its wheelbase, which is much shorter than the ones from all the other C designs so far.

File Infos: 4346 x 1173 / 159,93 KB / .png)

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c302.png

C409

One of the better looking hybrids between the C401 and the C411. It has a slightly shorter wheelbase than its sisters, but not too radical, so it didn't really fit in the C3 series.

File Infos: 4421 x 1152 / 156,16 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c409.png
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Part 4)

Fourth wave with another addition to the C2 series and my own contribution to the Brawn design series. Yes, technically I'm cheating with that one, because this Brawn design should have been used in the F1 2010 season...

C218

Another C2 design with the nosecone getting thicker again. Had it become even thinner, we would have reached 2012 level, and who would've wanted that?

File Infos: 4432 x 1104 / 154,05 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c218.png

Brawn BGP002

A Brawn GP design I came up with, because I really didn't like the look of the first Mercedes in 2010. IMO you can still use this one for 2017, since the design regulations didn't really change too much since 2010 (at least not visibly).

File Infos: 4464 x 1120 / 152,06 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... bgp002.png
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Part 5)

Given all the weird and sometimes even horrible looking nosecones in 2012, I had started reimagening older designs for current Formula 1. There were some interesting nosecones, most of you might remember because of their uniqueness, something modern nosecones don't have, since they get copied by other teams almost immediately. So for the fifth wave I decided to post some reimagined designs from the 90s merged with actual F1 bodywork.

Footwork Arrows A12/2017

Not only was the A12 an utter failure, but it had one of the most memorable nosecone designs in F1 history. Since the Porsche engine prohibited this design from showing its true quality, it might fare better in F1RWRS.

File Infos: 4426 x 1136 / 157,73 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... 122017.png

Tyrrell 025/2017

The Tyrrell 025 had another example of a unique nosecone, and I tried my best to mount it on an actual 2012 bodywork. The result is one of my favourites, if I might say that. So, if any Team Principal likes this design as much as I do, I would love to see it popping up on the PMMF with some awesome livery in the near future.

File Infos: 4320 x 1146 / 157,17 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... 252017.png
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Part 6)

Car designs number 11 and 12 for the F1RWRS 2017 season, this time from the C3 series. Both drawn in 2012, so I couldn't know these kind of nosecones would become popular again in 2014. Lucky prediction, I guess. :)

C301

This one is pretty close in shape to the Brawn BGP002 I've posted already.

File Infos: 4416 x 1120 / 152,65 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c301.png

C303

Actually the 301's immediate successor. The previously posted C302 design was drawn in between these two versions, because I hadn't figured out how to improve the C301 design at that moment. Well, at least in my opinion it's an improvement.

File Infos: 4432 x 1184 / 163,19 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c303.png
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Seeing as the F1RWRS liveries are slowly being made ready for 2017, I will happily start sorting these templates out ready for a spotters' guide. If you've got any specific choices over the template I use to make it, chuck me a PM or stick a post here. Whatever floats your boat.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Ataxia wrote:Seeing as the F1RWRS liveries are slowly being made ready for 2017, I will happily start sorting these templates out ready for a spotters' guide. If you've got any specific choices over the template I use to make it, chuck me a PM or stick a post here. Whatever floats your boat.

The remaining wave (8 templates) is coming up this evening, because I was busy sorting all my 540+ templates until now, finally coming to the conclusion, that it might be best if I posted them in alphabetical order once the F1RWRS 2017 templates are all uploaded. :)
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Part 7)

Because it took me so long to upload the remaining 8 templates, today you'll be treated to two posts containing 4 templates each. That makes a total of 20 different templates for the 2017 season, although I'm not even sure, if there are 20 teams left in the F1RWRS... I wasn't following the silly season thread too closely lately, so I'm not exactly up-to-date on that topic. :oops:

C101

File Infos: 4474 x 1152 / 161,11 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c101.png

C102

File Infos: 4368 x 1242 / 163,88 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c102.png

C103

File Infos: 4336 x 1162 / 156,91 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c103.png

C104

File Infos: 4314 x 1184 / 159,73 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c104.png
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

F1RWRS 2017 Templates (Final Part)

I'll be watching closely, which team goes for what template, so I can design upgraded versions of those cars for the 2018 F1RWRS season (if you want me to, that is). I'm already pretty hyped, how my templates will look with some elaborate livery. :D

C105

File Infos: 4394 x 1114 / 152,81 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c105.png

C106

File Infos: 4288 x 1136 / 148,17 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c106.png

C304

File Infos: 4320 x 1157 / 156,63 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... s/c304.png

March 711/2017

Right about now, half of the F1 designers just commited suicide after seeing this one. The other half quickly copied what they saw. You decide, which half did the right thing. :P

File Infos: 4389 x 1178 / 157,16 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... 112017.png

Personal Favourites

Okay, it might be unfair to post such a category, but just in case some of you might want to know which of these designs I like best. Of course, I like each one of them, otherwise I would have never even posted them in the first place. But my Top 3 are:

1.) C104
2.) C216
3.) Tyrrell 025/2017

with an honorary mention to the C105... :)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'll use the C104 template, if it's your favorite template ;) :P
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I was always under the impression that we were using cars roughly equivalent to the early 90s, hence my earlier Jones livery designs, but if the consensus is that we're broadly following F1 design trends (and with these brilliant new templates I guess we are!) then I shall re-do my older ones and knock up something for 2017 for Ataxia's spotters guide too as I've actually had my car and livery done for months now! :lol:

EDIT: If it's okay with everyone else, I'll use the C3xx series to depict my cars from 2013 onwards, but that shouldn't stop others from using those templates. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Just for the record, I'm gonna use the C101 for the Fusion.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'll adapt the Plus One Kingfisher onto the C106.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AndreaModa wrote:I was always under the impression that we were using cars roughly equivalent to the early 90s, hence my earlier Jones livery designs, but if the consensus is that we're broadly following F1 design trends (and with these brilliant new templates I guess we are!) then I shall re-do my older ones and knock up something for 2017 for Ataxia's spotters guide too as I've actually had my car and livery done for months now! :lol:

EDIT: If it's okay with everyone else, I'll use the C3xx series to depict my cars from 2013 onwards, but that shouldn't stop others from using those templates. :)

Sorry, I didn't want to force anything onto the community. It just came to my mind when I thought of possible designs for 2017. I know, that during the first F1RWRS season, all cars were models from the early 90s, but soon after that teams started building their own chassis, and since the only three templates used on the wiki are the Jordan 191, the Virgin/Marussia (is it the VR01?) and the GP2 car, I assumed this was due to a lack of templates in general.

Maybe the F1RWRS Team Association could discuss this topic in the future, because I have a lot of original designs for 90s and 2000s cars as well (see the BRM P222 above). If you want me to deliver 90s designs for the 2018 season, I can easily do that. I simply liked the idea of the F1RWRS going with actual designs to better reflect the counter-movement to the real F1, from which it split off. Especially since the F2RWRS goes for pretty up-to-date Dallara and Lola chassis as well. :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Turbogirl wrote:Especially since the F2RWRS goes for pretty up-to-date Dallara and Lola chassis as well. :)

Well, they're actually the 2011 HRT and Virgin chassis, that technically don't exist as F1 cars in this alternate universe :P

As for F1RWRS cars, the huge difference in what people are using as templates for F1RWRS cars is because the championship is run on GP2, which leaves very much to t he imagination when it comes to graphics. I guess a lot of people thought that 90s cars would look better. I think some kind of agreement on this soon would be beneficial, as the junior series are using modern chassis, and it'd look a little weird to have the top tier series use less advanced cars from the 90s.

The canon consensus at the moment is that F1RWRS cars look like however you want them to, and the only good shots of them exist as a few mockups on 90s cars in other games, like this one I did of the 2016 Gauthier on the 1991 Modena.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Personally I'm of the opinion that I'll retcon my previous designs in favour of the more modern templates Turbogirl has done - it fits with everything much better.

And about the 2013 F1RWRS season - whilst we all selected a "reject" chassis from a list to compete with, this was purely for the mechanics of the game and not reflected in the series' canon where teams have always built their own chassis. Some teams have been listed as using the reject chassis on the wiki but I think that was more out of there being no indication of what those teams' actual chassis designations were. Certainly all the main teams that still exist have always maintained their own chassis types, so retconning in these new designs isn't much of an issue at all really. Very few livery templates like the ones I did for the Jones cars actually exist as far as I'm aware.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Here's what you can expect to see from the spotters' guide, I've recycled the old template since it worked okay. I'll add flags at the end; I'll need to make capsule-shaped versions so that they look less "plonked on" than last time.

Turbogirl

Turbogirl's Template Thread - F2RWRS 2017 Designs

Post by Turbogirl »

Ataxia wrote:Here's what you can expect to see from the spotters' guide, I've recycled the old template since it worked okay. I'll add flags at the end; I'll need to make capsule-shaped versions so that they look less "plonked on" than last time.

Wow, that looks amazing! :D

F2RWRS Templates 2017

pasta_maldonado wrote:Well, they're actually the 2011 HRT and Virgin chassis, that technically don't exist as F1 cars in this alternate universe :P

Now I feel silly for not recognizing them myself... :oops:

Anyway, I've dug up the templates for those two. Hope, you like them!

Dallara R217 (HRT F111)

File Infos: 4432 x 1216 / 162,57 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... rtf111.png

Lola B17/50 (Virgin VR02)

File Infos: 4368 x 1168 / 155,22 KB / .png

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... invr02.png
AndreaModa

Re: Turbogirl's Template Thread - F1RWRS and F2RWRS 2017 Des

Post by AndreaModa »

Turbogirl, I was wondering if you might have a couple of middle to late 2000s F1-based templates already drawn that you could upload please? I'd like to use them to re-draw the first two Jones cars from the 2011 and 2012 F1RWRS seasons as the ones I've done previously have been dire!

If you don't have any done yet then don't worry, just curious if you had any already made or not. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AndreaModa wrote:Turbogirl, I was wondering if you might have a couple of middle to late 2000s F1-based templates already drawn that you could upload please? I'd like to use them to re-draw the first two Jones cars from the 2011 and 2012 F1RWRS seasons as the ones I've done previously have been dire!

If you don't have any done yet then don't worry, just curious if you had any already made or not. :)

In fact, I have. A question first: Have you already started with the liveries on the 2017 models you wanted to represent some of the earlier Jones designs?

If not, here is my offer: I can provide you with original designs for all Jones single-seater cars, including F3RWRS. This also means, you wouldn't be forced to use the 2017 designs as older models, but instead you could use templates no other forumite has used yet.

But if you have already done the liveries, I can still fill in the missing gaps. :)

Here are a few questions you might want to answer me in order to find the perfect fits for you:

1.) Shall the 2011 and 2012 designs resemble predecessors of the 2017 designs you used already or can they look different?

2.) What are your design preferences? Do you prefer high or low nosecones? (Not that you prefer a Brawn and I give you a Caterham ;) )

3.) What are your favourite F1 designs in recent years?

4.) Which of the 2017 designs you used for your liveries is supposed to represent the oldest Jones design? (in addition to the first question)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Crikey that's quite an offer, thanks for that! :)

Okay so at the moment I have already drawn liveries for everything back to 2013, including the car I designed for the 2013 prior to Aerond taking over and me temporarily pulling out (the Marlboro-sponsored 102).

For these I have used the existing 2017 templates above as follows:
Jones 102 (2013 unraced car) - Lola B17/50 (Virgin VR02)
Jones 102B (2013) - Tyrrell 025/2017
Jones 103 (2014) - Brawn BGP002
Jones 105 (2015) - C301
Jones 107 (2016) - C303
Jones 109 (2017) - C304

Now, whilst I have already done this, I appreciate that others are going to use these templates as well, so if you are happy to design for me a series of cars from 2011 to the present, that would be incredible. I'd be very grateful if you are okay to do that!

As you can probably tell from my choices above, I've tended to favour low noses, in terms of modern F1 cars I think the 2009 Brawn was probably one of the finest. Initially what I was planning to do was have the modern F1 design style for the F1RWRS cars since Aerond took over and then the pre-2009 F1 style for the 2012 season backwards. Does that make sense? Anyway, having given it some thought, it probably makes more sense and fits in with history better if we use the modern F1 designs right from 2010.

With that in mind, what I'd like to request is three designs - Jones 100, 101 and 102 to be broadly similar evolutions of each other, along the lines of the Virgin VR02 template you've already made with a higher nose with each successive design and the car slimmer and more refined than the previous. In fact it would be quite apt if the Jones 100 design was quite unrefined and undeveloped - similar to the Lotus T127 as it was the team's debut car and was a bit crap.

Then, from the 102B up to the present, change the design a fair bit so the 102 and 102B aren't very similar (despite the names) and from there make each design an evolution of the previous to the latest 109 design. Utilise a low nose in the same style as the Brawn and your C3xx designs and use smooth lines and curves rather than a more boxy appearance. Basically just a slightly different version to the C3xx series really would be fine with me!

So in total, 8 templates. Don't worry so much about the F3RWRS cars for the time being, but if you would like to have a go at them, just take a standard modern F3 design for the first car (2014) and then just evolve it for each year afterwards up to 2017.

I hope that all makes sense, and just to say, I really appreciate this so thank you in advance! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AndreaModa wrote:Crikey that's quite an offer, thanks for that! :)

Okay so at the moment I have already drawn liveries for everything back to 2013, including the car I designed for the 2013 prior to Aerond taking over and me temporarily pulling out (the Marlboro-sponsored 102).

For these I have used the existing 2017 templates above as follows:
Jones 102 (2013 unraced car) - Lola B17/50 (Virgin VR02)
Jones 102B (2013) - Tyrrell 025/2017
Jones 103 (2014) - Brawn BGP002
Jones 105 (2015) - C301
Jones 107 (2016) - C303
Jones 109 (2017) - C304

Now, whilst I have already done this, I appreciate that others are going to use these templates as well, so if you are happy to design for me a series of cars from 2011 to the present, that would be incredible. I'd be very grateful if you are okay to do that!

As you can probably tell from my choices above, I've tended to favour low noses, in terms of modern F1 cars I think the 2009 Brawn was probably one of the finest. Initially what I was planning to do was have the modern F1 design style for the F1RWRS cars since Aerond took over and then the pre-2009 F1 style for the 2012 season backwards. Does that make sense? Anyway, having given it some thought, it probably makes more sense and fits in with history better if we use the modern F1 designs right from 2010.

With that in mind, what I'd like to request is three designs - Jones 100, 101 and 102 to be broadly similar evolutions of each other, along the lines of the Virgin VR02 template you've already made with a higher nose with each successive design and the car slimmer and more refined than the previous. In fact it would be quite apt if the Jones 100 design was quite unrefined and undeveloped - similar to the Lotus T127 as it was the team's debut car and was a bit crap.

Then, from the 102B up to the present, change the design a fair bit so the 102 and 102B aren't very similar (despite the names) and from there make each design an evolution of the previous to the latest 109 design. Utilise a low nose in the same style as the Brawn and your C3xx designs and use smooth lines and curves rather than a more boxy appearance. Basically just a slightly different version to the C3xx series really would be fine with me!

So in total, 8 templates. Don't worry so much about the F3RWRS cars for the time being, but if you would like to have a go at them, just take a standard modern F3 design for the first car (2014) and then just evolve it for each year afterwards up to 2017.

I hope that all makes sense, and just to say, I really appreciate this so thank you in advance! :)

Well, that's quite precise. Very good, makes it easier for me, because now I know where we're heading with this. :)

Expect the first templates to be ready sometime around next week (can't give you an exact date, sorry). I usually start with the oldest version and work my way up, because then I can see exactly how the design is developing. So, the first ones will be the Jones 100 and 101.

And if we find some more time, let's simply see what we can make of the F3RWRS designs, but since the F1RWRS ones are more important, let's put our priorities on them. ;)