Reject merchandise that we own

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
dr-baker

Reject merchandise that we own

Post by dr-baker »

I have just been just looking through some old threads and this type of thread does not exist. There have been odd threads on reject model cars and parts of cars that people own, but not a more general thread on things reject-related that people own.

This idea came about because this weekend at the Brands DTM round, my sister and I each bought a piece of Super Aguri merchandise! The cap is mine and the jacket is my sister's. She isn't really into motorsport but my dad won a pair of free weekend tickets in addition to a pair of Sunday tickets that he had already bought as a birthday present for him and me to attend. My dad didn't want to go on the Saturday as it was my parents' wedding anniversary and my sister wanted a da out so she and I went together. It was a bit cold and she wanted a jacket that wasn't totally plastered in logos and adverts. And the Super Aguri jacket was cheaper than an Aston Martin fleece...

So pictures:

My sister is decapitated in the photo because she hates having her photo taken but wanted to know people's response to her taste in jacket!

Don't know if I am allowed to advertise the company selling this kit, but they do have a website selling the stuff at http://www.motorsport-merchandise.com/ Happy to delete the link if deemed inappropiate.

But what Reject merchandise/kit do people own?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Re: Reject merchandise that we own

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I bought my Orange Arrows and Force India gear from that website ages ago :)

I also own a AT&T Williams Pit Shirt from there...but ofc that's not reject merchandise. Only cost me a fiver!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Force India hat from 2008 - wear it alot (indoors in winter alot).

Kamui Kobayashi hat - bought at Hockenheim this year, hasn't overtaken Force India yet, but probably will at some point).

Virgin GP T-shirt - again, bought it at Hockenheim, it has twirls on it, and is pretty much awesome in every way.

Scuderia Toro Rosso T-shirt - bought at Hockenheim on the spur of the moment because it was the only piece of STR merch in the merged STR/RBR stall and I felt sorry for it.

Model of the Peugeot 908 that Lamy, Sarrazin and Bourdais drove at Leman in 2007 which my brother got for free at work.

Love the Soopah Agoori stuff btw, kudos to your sister.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

I have a Red Bull Racing cap from 2005 signed by Tonio Liuzzi. Not exactly reject, but when I got it signed he was the next big thing (2005 British GP) so my hopes for something valuable were a little rejectified...

I've also got a BAR cap from the dark days of 2005.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

I bought one of those very same Super Aguri caps at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours for €5. I also got a Orange Arrows Jos Verstappen cap from 2000 at the same event.

I have 1/43 models of:

Roland Ratzenberger, Simtek S941
Damon Hill, Brabham BT60B
Justin Wilson, Minardi PS03 & Jaguar R4
Nicolas Kiesa, Minardi PS03
Giorgio Pantano, Jordan EJ14
Zsolt Baumgartner, Minardi PS04B
Gianmaria Bruni, Minardi PS04B
Patrick Friesacher, Minardi PS05
Antonio Pizzonia, Williams FW27
Anthony Davidson, BAR 007
Robert Doornbos, Red Bull RB2
Yuji Ide, Super Aguri SA05
Franck Montagny, Super Aguri SA05
Sakon Yamamoto, Super Aguri SA06
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

I've got a super aguri t-shirt with the logo wrapped around the side, and also one of anthony davidson's number 22 hats from 2007.

also, I've got a winfield williams pin.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
coops

Post by coops »

I still have (somewhere) my Simtek T-Shirt from 1995. I loved that shirt and wore it to the pub many, many times. As it was more of an MTV shirt than an F1 shirt I never needed to explain who Simtek were to the pub plebs.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'm not sure if this counts but I have an A1 Team Australia flag and a Holden Racing Team flag in my room. I also have a Holden shirt, a Top Gear shirt which I bought in the spur of the moment and *Shudder* a Ferrari cap which was given to me by a cousin when I was like 10.

I might buy some rejectful V8 Supercar merchandise if I go to the Bathurst 1000 this year.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I only have two pieces of proper Reject merchandise: a 2002 Minardi F1 shirt (in case you have forgotten, that was the year Alex Yoong drove for Minardi) and a 1/43 scale model of Paul Belmondo's 1994 Pacific. My slightly less rejectful merchandise includes a 1998 or 1999 Williams hat, a 1/43 scale model of a driver who is undoubtedly the best formula 1 driver that grand prix racing has ever produced's 1994 Tyrrell, a 1/64 scale hotwheels model of Rubens Barrichello's Stewart. I also have various other motoring merchandise including a Marcos Ambrose Stone Brothers Racing hat that I got at the Queensland 300 in 2004 (Alex Yoong drove an AU Falcon in the second tier Konica V8 Supercar series on that weekend), a BP Ford WRC hat that I got at Rally Australia just over a year ago and a Top Gear "Ambitious but Rubbish" shirt.

Also, i'm just wondering if anyone here know any good places to buy F1 merchandise in Australia at a fairly cheap price.
This is a cool spot.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

midgrid wrote:I bought one of those very same Super Aguri caps at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours for €5.

Bugger. My cap cost £6. Could have bought a Minardi one as well but I didn't. :( I also have an A1 GP team USA cap.

And in the same place I bought the cap, there was the following T-shirt:

The problems I have with this are that Jenson was not yet champion at last year's British GP and he did NOT have grooved tyres last year! Grrrr....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

shinji wrote:Virgin GP T-shirt - again, bought it at Hockenheim, it has twirls on it, and is pretty much awesome in every way.

Agreed! I have the polo shirt version and I love it, it's a really nice top, even if it set me back £55... :?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

dr-baker wrote:
midgrid wrote:I bought one of those very same Super Aguri caps at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours for €5.

Bugger. My cap cost £6. Could have bought a Minardi one as well but I didn't. :( I also have an A1 GP team USA cap.

And in the same place I bought the cap, there was the following T-shirt:

The problems I have with this are that Jenson was not yet champion at last year's British GP and he did NOT have grooved tyres last year! Grrrr....

And he didn't wear Rubens' helmet... ;)
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

coops wrote:I still have (somewhere) my Simtek T-Shirt from 1995. I loved that shirt and wore it to the pub many, many times. As it was more of an MTV shirt than an F1 shirt I never needed to explain who Simtek were to the pub plebs.

Nice! I have a Simtek original mug.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Not exactly reject merchandise, but I have a Jaguar t-shirt signed by Eddie Irvine and Pedro De La Rosa. You can consider Jaguar's attempt rejectful considering all the hype. Oh, and a Jaguar racing cap. I got them from my grandad but I don't know how he got them.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I bought lots of reject merchandise back in the days - Orange Arrows rain jacket, Minardi T-shirt, Spyker cap and Albers' T-shirt.
And I still wear them :D
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

If you were listening to the Bahstralaysian podcast, I was wearing my Super Aguri cap and Super Aguri shirt throughout.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

ok my list:
If someone want to see pics just say it.

Caps:
2x Arrows 2000 cap, 1 Arrows 2000 verstappen cap
1x Minardi team cap, 1x Minardi Trust cap, 1x Official Minardi Verstappen cap
1x A1GP cap, 1x Netherlands A1GP cap 2009
1x Midland cap from montreal GP 2006
1x Prost peugeot cap not sure which year
1x Stewart GP cap 1997

Shirts:
1x minardi 2003 team polo
2x Minardi 2003 team blouse (or how to tell it)
1x Minardi 2002 Team blouse
1x Minardi 2004 Team blouse
1x Minardi longsleeve 2003
1x minardi t-shirt 2003
1x Benetton Team polo 1994 (not really rejected)
3x Arrows team shirt 2002
2x Jordan tshirt from that club of them
1x Jordan 1995 team shirt

model Cars:
1x Wolf WR1
2x Tyrrell P34
1x March761B
1x Simtek S941
2x Simtek S951 Verstappen
1x Pacific from Lavaggi
2x Forti Montermini
1x Forti Badoer
1x LH94 Beretta Tourtel livery
1x LH94 kronenbourg livery
1x Lotus from 1991
2x stewart 1998 Verstappen and Barrichello
1x Verstappen Arrows A21
And some more :P
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I happen to own a Minardi cap from, I assume, 1998. Got it for 10 pounds with my birthday money, and it was worth every penny. I also have a 2007 Williams shirt I bought for £20 a month or so ago.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

I have:

A Brabham/Hill 1992 1:43 model
A Force India/Fisichella 2008 1:43 model
A Force India 2008 lanyard
A Force India/Fisichella 2008 Monaco special T-shirt (stop me if you spot a pattern here)
An Arrows 2002 screensaver card (which isn't loaded at the moment)
A Super Aguri cycle drinks bottle (can't remember where in my room it is, but I definitely have one)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

That Super Aguri cap I bought last weekend at Brands Hatch? Well, look what happened to it on the morning of the Autosport 1000 km of Silverstome LMS race:

He also signed a poster AND my programme!

In the feeder Formula Le Mans series was a Warren Hughes. Is this the same Warren Hughes who competed in the BTCC 5 to 10 years ago and after whom one of the members on this forum is named?

MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Looks like it is!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh, and here's a photo of Anthony (yesterday's winner) looking at one of the photos, trying to work out where the photo was taken with the photo's purchaser:

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Something I keep forgetting I have, and which I have meant to post on here for a while, and which is very rejectworthy, is a medium yellow A1 GP Team Malaysia. Autographed by Fauruz Fauzy. And Alex Yoong. No photo yet, but I might. If I remember...
MCard LOLA
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

got Domenico Schiattarella's Simtek :D since yesterday
europeanminardi

Post by europeanminardi »

Ok, my very first post on this forum (I "reserved" the name right at the beginning but never got to actually post).

clothes
- a Minardi F3000 shirt
- a Minardi t-shirt and rain jacket from 2005
- three BAR shirts (if that goes as reject stuff. of course, it's Taku stuff)
- a toro rosso belt

cars
- 1/18 2003 Minardi Jos Verstappen
- 1/18 1995 Ligier Aguri Suzuki
- 1/18 2006 Williams Mark Webber
- 1/43 1989 Minardis (Barilla and Sala)
- 1/43 1995 Minardi (Badoer - can you hear Margie Lane sing "after all these years"?)
- 1/43 1997 Minardi (Ukyo Katayama)
- 1/43 1999 Minardi
- 1/43 Minardi PS03-04B (Bruni, HWNSNBM, Verstappen)
- 1/43 Minardis PS05 (Albers and Friesacher)
- 1/43 1994 Pacifics (Belmondo and Deletraz)
- 1/43 1995 Pacific (Count Lavaggi)
- 1/43 an obscure ugly Alfa Romeo sports car driven by Merzario and Michael Andretti

I had a Force India mug that was destroyed by my idiot then-boyfriend.
My pens are always from the german brand "Lamy", even if they cost a fortune given their crap quality.
I only buy Barilla pasta. One of my collegues is a buddy of the switzerland head of Barilla - maybe I can organise an interview?
And this week, my boss gave me a photo of the Virgin car, signed by DiGrassi and Glock.
I have the Forza Minardi book, a good read. And I try to get Alex Yoongs new book.

and much more to come, because I try and buy things only from reject-sponsors, if available.
unfortunately, my dad's tractor is a Massei Ferguson and not a Lamborghini...
Trust computerware is worth nothing, though...

I am a total reject-addict and can't believe I never posted here before...
I was the one who sent the news of Roy Nissanys F3-contract for the Chinese GP podcast :-D

Soooo happy the podcast is back! Keep 'em coming, I have listened to every episode at least three times (I commute and bike a lot).
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I made pics from some of my rejected car models =)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

europeanminardi wrote:Ok, my very first post on this forum (I "reserved" the name right at the beginning but never got to actually post).

Welcome. Please feel free to post more - I think, based on this, that you'll fit right in!
MCard LOLA
Ide

Post by Ide »

I have a (customary around here, it seems) Super Aguri t-shirt.
I have a Jordan hat from the later, more rejectful days!

I also may have, somewhere, some Haas-Lola teamwear....
If there's a car to crash in your neighbourhood,
Who you gonna call?
Yuji Ide!
europeanminardi

I forgot my Super Aguri poloshirt, which I wear with pride when I go to my fitness club (ie: once a year).

btw I went to quite a bit of trouble for my avatar. I took the picture yesterday from a nearby kiosk. Suddenly, I was surrounded by six Indians, swearing at me and accusing me of espionage and whatnot... It took around 15 minutes and a business card to convince them that I took the picture because of the "Automobiles Gonfaronnaises Sportives"....
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

europeanminardi wrote:I forgot my Super Aguri poloshirt, which I wear with pride when I go to my fitness club (ie: once a year).

btw I went to quite a bit of trouble for my avatar. I took the picture yesterday from a nearby kiosk. Suddenly, I was surrounded by six Indians, swearing at me and accusing me of espionage and whatnot... It took around 15 minutes and a business card to convince them that I took the picture because of the "Automobiles Gonfaronnaises Sportives"....

Once a year lol. I didn't even know what AGS stood for, I probably can't pronounce it.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

europeanminardi wrote:I forgot my Super Aguri poloshirt, which I wear with pride when I go to my fitness club (ie: once a year).

Where was this kiosk? And what were all these Indians doing there? It wasn't in the Commonwealth Games facilities was it?
MCard LOLA
europeanminardi

dr-baker wrote:Where was this kiosk? And what were all these Indians doing there? It wasn't in the Commonwealth Games facilities was it?

Well, it's in Zurich, Switzerland, near Langstrasse, our "red light district".
The Indians were the shop owner and (supposedly) a quarter of his familiy...
The woman said that there was somebody taking the exact same picture the day before. Wonder if there's a second AGS-connaisseur in Zurich...
Python

Post by Python »

Diecast

1/18 2004 Jaguar R5 (Webber)
1/18 2002 Sauber C21 (Massa)
1/24 Ferrari (Schumacher) Don't remember the year but it's post 2000
1/43 Ferrari F399 (Schumacher)
1/43 Williams FW21 (Ralf Schumacher)
Best quote ever
watka wrote:There's only one fair way to settle this: a duel to first blood, using canes, and each of you must be wearing a top hat, waistcoat, and ascot tie.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

This isn't something I own, but when I went into a supermarket this evening I must have done the biggest double take of all time when I clocked a lady wearing a Super Aguri jacket!!!!

Sadly we were in too much of a rush for me to stop and chat over the merits of Yuji Ide.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Not really merchandise, but I've currently got 1:20 Tamiya kits of a Tyrrell 020 and Lotus 107B winging their way to me through the post :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

Hey guys, should I bid on a midland cap-and-shirt set, to maybe start a collection of reject merch?
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

JohnMLTX wrote:Hey guys, should I bid on a midland cap-and-shirt set, to maybe start a collection of reject merch?

Hell yes!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

Got a Super Aguri polo shirt but absolute favorite is a Spyker Jersey. Fantastic color
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Buuuuuuuuuump...

Just managed to get an official Marussia team t-shirt for a fiver off the net :mrgreen:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Looking at how most of you seem to get reject merchandise for less than a tenner or so on,it makes me feel a bit bad for spending $45 on a Marussia Virgin cap with d'Ambrosio's name and signature at this year's Singapore GP.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!