Reject photos

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Reject photos

Post by pasta_maldonado »

midgrid wrote:Here's Osella's 1987 team:

Looks like Osella pioneered the 'Stick-any-sponsor-you-can-find-on-the-car-for-the-home-grand-prix' trick long before March attempted it.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Barbazza wrote:Tarquini only had that one race in the Osella though didn't he? They probably couldn't afford another set of overall!

The stripy shirts for the team members are...an unusual choice.

Eddie Jordan would probably wear one
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Tarquini only had that one race in the Osella though didn't he? They probably couldn't afford another set of overall!

The stripy shirts for the team members are...an unusual choice.

Eddie Jordan would probably wear one

Those uniforms look more in place on "Bananas in Pyjamas".What?That was my favorite show as a kid.Apart from F1,of course.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Faustus wrote:1991 next.

Fabrizio Barbazza in the AGS:

You wouldn't even get half a finger in between the tarmac and the chassis. That was a very, very low car.
-*:-
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Jocke1 wrote:
Faustus wrote:1991 next.

Fabrizio Barbazza in the AGS:

You wouldn't even get half a finger in between the tarmac and the chassis. That was a very, very low car.

I know, I tried pedalling along with my feet to see if it went faster. But it didn't help.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Last week we went to Hamburg on holiday and visited the 'Prototyp Museum' - they don't really shout about it much there (it is fairly new) but it's well worth a visit. In the publicity information, there was no mention of F1 cars whatsoever so I was quite surprised by what we found.
Mostly it's lots of Porsches, VWs and a few Audis and Mercs plus some other German cars (though by no means all prototypes as you'd expect from the name!) but there are some F1 gems and a lovely exhibition on Wolfgang von Trips (though this is temporary I believe)

Hardly any of the following are rejects, but I thought you'd like to see them....

A Porsche F1 car, not a race winner I don't think, but if Dan Gurney raced this one, then it got a few podiums.

Me with a very special car indeed, I was very happy to see this!

Vettel's first F1 car, the BMW Sauber.

I just liked the look of this - a Lola Abarth F2 car.

A reject engine!!

With its reject nameplate. Unless this is a test engine, it certainly *didn't* race in 1990! And that's not how you spell 'Alboreto' either.....

A model of a Bell / Ickx Le Mans winning Porsche. With what I presume is Ickx's signature, though it's difficult to tell. If it is, let's hope they didn't ask him to give a talk or anything. Judging by his Belgian GP podium efforts, everyone will have been asleep within a minute.

The entry to the Von Trips museum.

I've no idea what car this is, possibly a Ferrari, but it's painted in Von Trips's Scuderia Colonia (I know!!) colours. Rather nice, I think.

Von Trips's Dutch GP trophy.

And his British GP trophy.

There was absolutely loads of stuff in the von Trips exhibition, a lot in cases so difficult to take photos of. They really did well to tell his story though, there was lots about him that I didn't know. It's easy to forget that he was so nearly the first German F1 champion, so they're rightly proud of him.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Nice photos, thanks for sharing! :)
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

The blue car is a De Tomaso, though I don't know the model.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Thanks for identifying that, Phoenix! There was nothing in the museum to give any explanation as to what it was or when (if?) it raced in anger.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I'd have given my right arm to sit inside that Jordan 191. It's just so beautiful it should be illegal.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
mario

Post by mario »

AdrianSutil wrote:I'd have given my right arm to sit inside that Jordan 191. It's just so beautiful it should be illegal.

You might be interested to know that an original 191 is on the market right now - according to the author of the wtf1 website, it was part of Eddie Jordan's personal collection (so the provenance can't get much better than that). http://www.mementoexclusives.com/1991-J ... Vs.twitter
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

AdrianSutil wrote:I'd have given my right arm to sit inside that Jordan 191. It's just so beautiful it should be illegal.

I know! That and the BMW Sauber were the only 2 cars with protectors in the cockpit so you couldn't possibly get inside. For all the others, you probably could have if you wanted to, there wasn't much security that I could see, they were very trusting.

Clearly the Jordan was the only one I wanted to get in, though.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Did anyone keep a copy of the Life-team picture? it seems to be gone now.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Myrvold wrote:Did anyone keep a copy of the Life-team picture? it seems to be gone now.

I have it, as well as many more reject pictures from that site saved on my HDD as I used them for my Reject GPM2 Mod. Including a mangificently high-res picture of Roberto Moreno's Andrea Moda in action (4632x3060 pixels!).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Found the pictures from the Coventry Motor Museum visit I made 3 years back.

Let's start off with some rally cars for a change -

A classic Peugeot 205

A not so classic Talbot Sunbeam! (Made in Coventry)

I made no notes on these photos so this is where it gets a bit vague. This is obviously a Lotus of some sort.

Um...this might be a Maserati. Or an Alfa Romeo. One of those I think.

Maybe this is a Maserati - the badge isn't quite clear but looks about right.

Now we're talking! The absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tyrrell 6 wheeler. I practically had to be dragged away from this.

There was a question a while back on which Jaguar was in the museum. This pic isn't going to help much in identification I'm afraid! The only other one I had was from a similar angle.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Barbazza wrote:There was a question a while back on which Jaguar was in the museum. This pic isn't going to help much in identification I'm afraid! The only other one I had was from a similar angle.

It's the 2003 R4: www.statsf1.com/en/jaguar-r4.aspx
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

To answer your questions about the 50's and 60's cars, the Lotus looks like a Formula Junior of some sorts, the red car is probably a Maserati 250F, and the blue and yellow car is definitely a Maserati A6GCM, with what looks like Argentine racing colours (or Thai, could be both).
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Nuppiz wrote:
Barbazza wrote:There was a question a while back on which Jaguar was in the museum. This pic isn't going to help much in identification I'm afraid! The only other one I had was from a similar angle.

It's the 2003 R4: http://www.statsf1.com/en/jaguar-r4.aspx

That would make sense as my memory was that it might have been Justin Wilson's car. As it's a No.15, it probably is!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

tommykl wrote:To answer your questions about the 50's and 60's cars, the Lotus looks like a Formula Junior of some sorts, the red car is probably a Maserati 250F, and the blue and yellow car is definitely a Maserati A6GCM, with what looks like Argentine racing colours (or Thai, could be both).

Thanks tommykl, I thought with your knowledge of old cars that you might have spotted those ones for me!

I'm pretty sure that the blue and yellow Maserati might be one of B Bira's cars actually, your mention of Thai racing colours has brought that memory back!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As said before, here's how my desktop currently looks like:
The image's resolution is far bigger than the biggest resolutions in current consumer monitors, so if you want the full image gimme a shout.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Nuppiz wrote:As said before, here's how my desktop currently looks like:
The image's resolution is far bigger than the biggest resolutions in current consumer monitors, so if you want the full image gimme a shout.

How did they manage to get a picture so big 20 years ago?
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 25 Sep 2012, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:How did they manage to get a picture so big 20 years ago?

Fix'd. And to answer your question: state-of-the-art film cameras were (and still are) able to take sharp pictures that are very large when digitized.
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

Want.

My Windows 8 install would be even more rejectful!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

DalekSam wrote:Want.

My Windows 8 install would be even more rejectful!

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0rba6vc3f08ze8r

Includes 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 versions.
Conventi

Post by Conventi »

midgrid wrote:Image

Thanks. Was this the entire Life staff ? Quite small. What would they have done if they had a tire pitstop in a race ? (Not that they would ever be able to qualify for one...)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Conventi wrote:Thanks. Was this the entire Life staff ? Quite small. What would they have done if they had a tire pitstop in a race ? (Not that they would ever be able to qualify for one...)

The truck driver would've probably doubled as a mechanic :lol:
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:
Conventi wrote:Thanks. Was this the entire Life staff ? Quite small. What would they have done if they had a tire pitstop in a race ? (Not that they would ever be able to qualify for one...)

The truck driver would've probably doubled as a mechanic :lol:

James May would be more effective :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Nuppiz wrote:
Myrvold wrote:Did anyone keep a copy of the Life-team picture? it seems to be gone now.

I have it, as well as many more reject pictures from that site saved on my HDD as I used them for my Reject GPM2 Mod. Including a mangificently high-res picture of Roberto Moreno's Andrea Moda in action (4632x3060 pixels!).

Ohh, can you put it out on ze big internet, or e-mail it to me or something like that? :)
Would really like both of... hell, I'd like to see what you've got you finnish wonderboy of a GPM2 modder (oh yeah, I have them all! :) )
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Myrvold wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:I have it, as well as many more reject pictures from that site saved on my HDD as I used them for my Reject GPM2 Mod. Including a mangificently high-res picture of Roberto Moreno's Andrea Moda in action (4632x3060 pixels!).

Ohh, can you put it out on ze big internet, or e-mail it to me or something like that? :)
Would really like both of... hell, I'd like to see what you've got you finnish wonderboy of a GPM2 modder (oh yeah, I have them all! :) )

The link for the Andrea Moda wallpaper is a few posts up - it contains versions for all major aspect ratios.

As for other images, I've got a total of 272MB of F1 images downloaded for use in GPM2 mods - thanks for the compliment regarding them. Considering that most of those are JPGs with filesizes usually below 100KB, that's quite a bit of pictures! :) The rejects folder alone has 219 images. I might upload them all at some point.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

@Barbazza: I was at the very same museum while vacating in Hamburg, and I felt like in paradise. The exhibition may have been a bit too Porsche-lasty, but that's okay. After all, I got to see the winning 1.6l V6 turbo, and the rejectful Porsche V12. The exhibition about von Trips was also very nice. All in all, it was a very interesting visit. I just wish that THE auto racing museum would exist, even though I'd probably spend weeks there. :mrgreen:
MIA SAN MIA!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, I forgot about the TAG engine, but of course that wasn't rejectworthy so I don't think I even took a picture!

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

midgrid wrote:Image

there was a WOMAN on that team? :shock:
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

golic_2004 wrote:there was a WOMAN on that team? :shock:

Yes, that's Francesca Papa, Ernesto Vita's wife.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

They seem to have signed Art Garfunkel as well...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Long time no post!

Anyone recognise this driver?

Additional info: it's on a matchbox that my mam got her photo attached to while on holiday in Spain in the mid 1970s. We would both like to know who he is; her out of nostalgic curiosity, me out of fervent nerdiness.

Edit: fixed photo
Last edited by shinji on 28 Oct 2012, 14:38, edited 2 times in total.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

shinji wrote:Long time no post!

Additional info: it's on a matchbox that my mam got her photo attached to while on holiday in Spain in the mid 1970s. We would both like to know who he is; her out of nostalgic curiosity, me out of fervent nerdiness.

I can't see the image...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

shinji wrote:Long time no post!

Dropbox wrote:Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

It looks a little like Emilio de Villota (which would make sense, if this was from Spain) but the car he's driving looks late-60s / early-70s vintage to me, so maybe not!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

The first driver that comes to mind is Jean-Pierre Beltoise...