Retrospective F1 Rejects of the Race

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Benetton

Re: Retrospective F1 Rejects of the Race

Post by Benetton »

East Londoner wrote:
Benetton wrote:1998 Canada - Murray Walker. Was making mistakes through the whole race.

:evil: :P

Yes, I'm serious. Listen to it. Few examples: He thought Schumacher had already made his two scheduled pit stops when he actually had only made one stop and had a stop-go penalty, so Murray's reaction when he came in the third time was "Oh, Schumacher's in, thaaat's why he was building that gap to Fisichella".. he had no idea.

Also thought that Magnussen had lapped Nakano, they were fighting for position throughout the whole race.

Plus more. I think Murray is great for what he was as a broadcaster but this race was baad by him. Might've been because Brundle was not there and was replaced by a quite quiet Warwick.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Bah.

I've just watched some highlights of the 1998 Austrian Grand Prix, and I think I'm gonna have to say: the entire field bar McLaren. Dear lord, such amaturish antics that Sunday. Image

Ron Dennis must have been quietly pissing himself laughing at the rest of the field.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

East Londoner wrote:Bah.

I've just watched some highlights of the 1998 Austrian Grand Prix, and I think I'm gonna have to say: the entire field bar McLaren. Dear lord, such amaturish antics that Sunday. Image

Ron Dennis must have been quietly pissing himself laughing at the rest of the field.

This. I mean, David Coulthard of all people managed to claw back about half a minute for an unscheduled stop on the first lap, and finish second. David Coulthard of all people!!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

This. I mean, David Coulthard of all people managed to claw back about half a minute for an unscheduled stop on the first lap, and finish second. David Coulthard of all people!!

Takagi started a pile-up at the start. Both Arrows cars took each other out at turn 2. Michael Schumacher took his wing off. Alesi and Fisichella had a crash. Pretty sure Herbert had an off too. It was a demolition derby.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

AdrianSutil wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Takagi started a pile-up at the start. Both Arrows cars took each other out at turn 2. Michael Schumacher took his wing off. Alesi and Fisichella had a crash. Pretty sure Herbert had an off too. It was a demolition derby.

Not to mention the mechanical failures of Frentzen and Barrichello.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

That's mechanical failures, nothing to do with drivers being cock's. Anyway, here's the glorious review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJGalIx ... ata_player
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

James1978

Post by James1978 »

God, we need the A-1 Ring back if it's going to product stuff like that! :)

Also were team orders not allowed in 1998? Fancy having to pretend Irvine had a brake problem. Me thinks the only problem was him pressing it too much. :lol:
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James1978 wrote:God, we need the A-1 Ring back if it's going to product stuff like that! :)

Also were team orders not allowed in 1998? Fancy having to pretend Irvine had a brake problem. Me thinks the only problem was him pressing it too much. :lol:

I think it was more of a gentleman's agreement back then. The ban didn't come until 2002.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
James1978 wrote:God, we need the A-1 Ring back if it's going to product stuff like that! :)

I think it was more of a gentleman's agreement back then. The ban didn't come until 2002.

Yeah. There was no point in anyone moaning at Irvine's 'brake problem', he was always going to let him through.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Benetton wrote:But maybe even more rejectful than Villeneuve was Ralf Schumacher, who cocked up his start twice.
Seconded.

Although IIRC Wurz tried a bit of a banzai move on the grass at the start which led to his barrel roll fip & Trulli & Alesi's car seemed to try to mate with one another during the second start. :lol:

AdrianSutil wrote:Takagi started a pile-up at the start.

IIRC I think it was Takagi who had a fairly amateurish spin at turn 1 during the wet qualifying session also. Then there was JV who never seem to get to grips with the wet quali, even managing somehow to spin the car some 200 meters BEFORE ever arriving at turn 2 (the hairpin). How he did that I'll never know? Personally I would give it to Wurz who qualified 3.5 seconds off his teammate at his HOME race. I know it was a mixed quali session, but I think that is a poor performance which ever way you look at it. Furthermore I can not remember him doing anything remarkable on his way to finishing 9th & a lap down, when his teammate was fighting for a podium. I know Herbert was equally off the pace from his teammate Alesi that weekend. However I think Wurz deserves it more by a nose, considering he was supposed to be the next new F1 superstar & at his 1st home GP. Where as Herbert was already looking for the door at Sauber, during that particular weekend.

EDIT; forgot to mention Berger race in the 1997 Austrian GP, is the definion of a rejectful race.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

No, they were banned in the run up to the Brazilian Grand Prix, but following Irvines 'brake problems', they were made legal again because the FIA had no way of checking
TORA! TORA! TORA!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Don't get me wrong, I thought the position swap was an absolute no-brainer but didn't like the way they had to make up a brake problem. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

ibsey wrote:EDIT; forgot to mention Berger race in the 1997 Austrian GP, is the definion of a rejectful race.

Or the entire Benetton team. Wasn't Alesi and Irvine fighting for some thirteenth place?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James1978 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I thought the position swap was an absolute no-brainer but didn't like the way they had to make up a brake problem. :)

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that led to the horrendous situation around Germany 2010. We all knew it was going to happen, but because of the rules, Ferrari had to make shite up to not get busted. Banning team orders is dumb because there's no way to really police it. It doesn't change anything.
Everything's great.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Shizuka wrote:
ibsey wrote:EDIT; forgot to mention Berger race in the 1997 Austrian GP, is the definion of a rejectful race.

Or the entire Benetton team. Wasn't Alesi and Irvine fighting for some thirteenth place?

What makes that incident even funnier is that Alesi almost knocked Irvine out after the race, over that same position. It must have meant alot to him :lol:. Also bear in mind Alesi had been on pole & fighting for the win in the previous race.

Whilst on the subject of Ferrari team orders. I believe, although I'm not 100% certain on this, that Ferrari employed more subtle team tactics during that same 1997 Austrian race, by putting Irvine on the 'softer' Bridgestone tyres (which were completely the wrong choice that particular weekend...only one other car was on them!). Presumably in the hope that he would qualify in front of JV & do a Japan 1997 on the Canadian. Thereby helping his teammate, M Schumi, title bid even further.

Possibly a good shout for the most rejectful race weekend an F1 driver has ever had to endured must have been Patrick Tambay at the 1982 South African GP. That race cost him dearly, as Patrick explains;

"I got fined $5,000 like everybody else for striking by the FIA and on top of it I didn't get paid what Jackie Oliver was going to pay me, because I didn't want to drive. I was fed up with F1 and its politics. So I made a big loss on the airfare (Patrick had to pay the upgrade to 1st class, on his airplane journey from his home in Hawaii to South Africa...not cheap I'd imagine!) the fine from the FIA & the retainer."

ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Japan 1989; IMO there can only be one reject from that race...nope not Jean-Marie Balestre / Senna, Prost or even the FIA. But Emanuele Pirro who IIRC kept on barging into other drivers at the hairpin. He must have done to at least 3 different drivers before finally taking himself out of the race. You'd think he'd have learnt how to take that corner properly also from all those laps he did around Suzuka as Mclaren Test Driver in 1988. :roll:

ibsey

Post by ibsey »

1997 Canada; It is hard to argue against JV crashing out early on of his home race. However perhaps 2nd place should go to Mark Blundell's commentary on ITV. Particular in qualifying, the guy bare said anything from what I recalled. Poor old Murray was left to do all the work.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

My choices for 1996.

Australia - Martin Brundle - Managed to crash twice at the same corner.
Brazil - Rubens Barrichello - All he seemed to do that race was try and fail to overtake someone going into the Senna S, before throwing away a certain points finish with a silly spin.
Argentina - Pedro Diniz - Drove like a tool, then caught fire. :lol:
Europe - Jean Alesi - Awful start, then makes a typically brainless move on Salo a lap later, coming off second best. How Salo continued from that whack, I'll never know.
San Marino - Footwork - Both cars retired shortly after one another.
Monaco - Eddie Irvine - I can see where Paul Dumbrell got his inspiration from for Sydney 2011. What a muppet, spin-turning straight into Salo and Hakkinen. And before that, he was being absolute shite anyway. :roll:
Spain - Damon Hill - A truly dreadful afternoon.
Canada - Gerhard Berger - A silly spin.
France - Ferrari - An engine failure on the parade lap? It doesn't get more pathetic than that. Then Irvine retires after 5 laps. :lol: :lol:
Great Britain - Ferrari - They may as well have not bothered turning up, it was that bad. A grand total of 5 laps and both cars out. :lol:
Germany - Johnny Carwash - Manages to DNQ in a not so bad Minardi. And that infamous video of him blissfully unaware that his car is a raging inferno. :lol:
Hungary - Hungaroring - Just your typical Hungarian snoozefest.
Belgium - Arrows - Sending Verstappen back on track in a deathtrap when they should have retired him immediately. :roll:
Italy - Stacks of tyres - Foolish and yet doubtlessly hilarious.
Portugal - McLaren - The cardinal racing sin of team mates colliding.
Japan - Benetton - Alesi writes off his B196 at the first corner, and Berger drives like an arse for the rest of the race.

Honourable mentions.
Australia
Jacques Villeneuve's engine denying him something quite amazing.
Forti for being a billion miles from clearing 107%
Jean Alesi, yet another over-ambitious move that wrecked his sidepod.
Brazil
Jacques Villeneuve/Williams. Surely they'd have given him some wet weather testing beforehand?
Sauber'. Both cars out through engine failure.
Argentina
Tarso Marques screwing himself over by crashing into Brundle, undoing all of the good work that he'd done before that.
Europe
Benetton. What was up with their cars at the start? :?
Tyrrell for having both their drivers disqualified for completely different reasons. :lol:
Monaco
Oookay, where to begin here.
Jos Verstappen and Ricardo Rosset for being so damn shite in practice that Arrows were left with just two intact nosecones before the race had even begun.
Jos Verstappen for starting on slicks. :roll: :lol:
The Minardi drivers taking each other out on the first lap.
Michael Schumacher. Words fail me.
The engine in Hill's Williams.
Luca Badoer.
Ah feck it, just award ROTR to the entire field bar Panis, Coulthard, Herbert and Hill instead. :P
Spain
Mika Salo for getting himself disqualified again.
Canada
Ferrari.
Great Britain
Ricardo Rosset for being probably the first driver to get himself a penalty for missing a weight check.
Germany
Gerhard Berger's engine
Belgium
The Saubers taking each out at the start
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:My choices for 1996.

Great Britain - Ferrari - They may as well have not bothered turning up, it was that bad. A grand total of 5 laps and both cars out. :lol:

I was there. I remember them being out that quickly. I was so, so happy about that, being oh-so-anti-Schumacher, with it being so soon after Adelaide 1994 and two years of beating Damon Hill and the Williams team.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

dr-baker wrote:
East Londoner wrote:My choices for 1996.

I was there. I remember them being out that quickly. I was so, so happy about that, being oh-so-anti-Schumacher, with it being so soon after Adelaide 1994 and two years of beating Damon Hill and the Williams team.

Indeed it was Ferrari's 3rd straight race where they endured a double retirement (the Ferrari retirements at France & UK both happened in the early laps of the race IIRC). Perhaps what made it worse was Ferrari had been promising to be challenging for race wins by that stage, at least that was their hype at the start of 1996. In fact IIRC the situation was so bad that Jean Todt was even offer to resign, 'if the Tifosi wanted his head for those retirements'. Which sort of poses a interesting What if question their. I.e. would the Ferrari domination still have without the leadership of Jean Todt.

Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Häkkinen is also strong candidate for Imola. Qualified 11th, was running off the points while team-mate was leading, had a spin and stop/go penalty before retiring on the final lap with engine failure.

Hungary - It was difficult to find out who was to blame, but the second corner crash took effectively out four cars. Salo on the spot, Diniz in the pits after first lap, Verstappen spun off with some damage and Lamy's car was found to be too damaged on the first stop.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1999 Hungarian GP - Mika Salo: Almost won the last race, and then only manages qualify 18th, and finish 12th in this one? Two laps down?!
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

East Londoner wrote:Monaco - Eddie Irvine - I can see where Paul Dumbrell got his inspiration from for Sydney 2011. What a muppet, spin-turning straight into Salo and Hakkinen. And before that, he was being absolute shite anyway. :roll:

Monaco
Oookay, where to begin here.
Jos Verstappen and Ricardo Rosset for being so damn shite in practice that Arrows were left with just two intact nosecones before the race had even begun.
Jos Verstappen for starting on slicks. :roll: :lol:
The Minardi drivers taking each other out on the first lap.
Michael Schumacher. Words fail me.
The engine in Hill's Williams.
Luca Badoer.
Ah feck it, just award ROTR to the entire field bar Panis, Coulthard, Herbert and Hill instead. :P

You forgot to put Heinz-Harald Frentzen as a extra-special mention in there somewhere, after he tried a boneheaded move on Irvine early on, costing him his front wing. Which was then outdone seconds later by the Sauber brains trust who overruled him and sent him back out on wets, when putting him on slicks could have, should have, and would have won him the race.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I already did 1996 on the first page of this thread, and I had Ferrari 3 times in a row (included Canada too). :lol:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

1990 Monaco Grand Prix: Eric Bernard: Took Gregor Foitek out of the race and cost the Onyx team the 6th place that could have seen their future look so different
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:1990 Monaco Grand Prix: Eric Bernard: Took Gregor Foitek out of the race and cost the Onyx team the 6th place that could have seen their future look so different

Had Foitek actually scored that point, I doubt anything would've changed. Monteverdi was completely mismanaging the team.
Everything's great.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Maybe so but if he did they might have seen out the end of the year. But that's why we don't let Billionaires near a formula one team.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Maybe so but if he did they might have seen out the end of the year. But that's why we don't let Billionaires near a formula one team.

I doubt it they'd have seen out the year. And as for billionaires allowed near F1 teams, I believe Dietrich Mateschitz disagrees.
Everything's great.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

sorry Dietrich :oops: To be fair Onyx shouldn't have employed that van Rossem fellow because he was a utter nuisance with all his publicity seeking and his character didn't gel with the likes of Earle and Jenkins because the team were thrown into disarray from that point on
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Recently watched 1988 season review so even when not watching the race in entirety, here's my selections.

BRA: Judd, three engine failures within 20 laps.
RSM: Williams, Mansell retired and Patrese 13th after late-race problems.
MON: Ayrton Senna, blew it while leading.
MEX: Lotus, engine failures in both cars while on road for good result
CAN: Philippe Streiff, crashed while in 5th.
USA: Nelson Piquet, crashed out.
FRA: Pierluigi Martini, held up Senna allowing Prost to take the lead.
GBR: Alain Prost, quit after struggling early.
GER: Nelson Piquet, starting on slicks and going out on the first lap.
HUN: Nigel Mansell, due to just going there while ill. He admitted that decision caused him to miss next two races.
BEL: Benetton for their fuel irregularities
ITA: Jean-Louis Schlesser for dismal showing although the crash with Senna was debatable.
POR: Gerhard Berger, hit fire extinguisher and spun off.
ESP: Riccardo Patrese just for his practice incident with Bailey.
JPN: Derek Warwick for spinning off.
AUS: Rene Arnoux for his usual stuff when being lapped.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1961 Dutch Grand Prix - Attrition and Stop, Where retirement and the stopping car rejects, race goes flawlessly without retirement and pit stops
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
I forti sopravivono

Post by I forti sopravivono »

No Rosset on Monaco '98?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

2002: The season itself: I could stomach 2004 because that season did at least have some exciting races especially the end when Schumi secured the title and at least the great man had to fight for victory on many occasions most notably Canada and France. But 2002 was doomed the moment the Ferrari's stomped over everybody at San Marino and if the F2002 was raced from Australia to Japan who knows what might have happened. Of Ferrari's 15 wins the only one that was aided by Fortune was Canada because of JPM's engine failure and it made Mclaren's 1988 look ordinary.

My take on 2000

Australia: British teams: apart from Williams and BAR all of them had a shocker. Mclaren repeated their 1999 trick with both cars out with engine failures. Jordan also saw both cars knocked out with mechanical failures and that set the tone for their 2000. Jaguar flopped massively with both cars out after 6 laps. Arrows were crap and De la Rosa's crash with Irvine the last straw. Poor all round

Brazil: Sauber: For the rear wing controversy

San Marino: don't know but Prost were dire with Heidfeld getting outqualified by Mazzacane and both cars retiring on live TV

Britain: Arrows: Both cars out with identical problems within a few laps of each other. On home turf as well.

Spain: Ferrari: Got outraced outpysched and outplayed by Mclaren starting with the fuel-rig fiasco

Europe: Many candidates but i'm going with David Coulthard. Why? because he started on pole and ended up being lapped in 3rd. Barrichello was lapped in 4th but he made 3 stops to DC's 2.

Monaco: Michael Schumacher's suspension: Robbed him of an easy victory. Honorable mention to Heinz-Harald Frenzten for crashing on his own accord and losing an easy podium finish.

Canada: Jacques Villeneuve: that move on Ralf was way too aggressive and way too ambitious and just compounded how bad the 2nd half of his race was.

France: Alex Wurz: for creating ROTR with that mindlessly pathetic move called an overtaking move. If any moment got him ROTY it was this one. Prost deserve a mention because this was the ultimate low: Both drivers crash into each other on 1 of the drivers and the team's home turf. I think Heidfeld had lots of nerves when going to France after that.

Austria: Jean Alesi: The second Prost team-mate crash was 100% his fault

Germany: Mercedes Employer: Just has to be for the distractions he caused

Hungary: The race itself: One of the many Hungarsnores confirmed by Enoch himself

Belgium: Jenson Button: Took Jarno Trulli out of the race with a reckless overtake

Italy: Honda: Villeneuve's motor blew when he could have scored a podium finish.

USA: Gaston Mazzacane: Obviously forgot where the brake was and wiped out his jackman

Japan: Prost (again) Both cars out with more technical problems.

Malaysia: Pedro Diniz: Did he really think he could drive that car with 3 wheels on his wagon? Wiped out a quarter of the back of the grid because of this.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

This is what i would have done for 2012 (Wasn't round when you did this season)

Australia:
3: Pastor Maldonado (His aggrresion cost him dearly)
2: Romain Grosjean (Wasted 3rd on the grid with pathetic start and crash with Maldonado)
1: Felipe Massa (The Ferrari was shite but Massa just compounded it by being blown away by Alonso)

Malaysia
3 Mclaren (I know it was wet but Mclaren converted a front row lockout into just 15 pts)
2 Mercedes Tires (Not enough heat saw Rosberg passed by pretty much everybody)
1 Bunsen Jetton (From Australia hero to Malaysia zero. What more can i say)

China
3 Strategists (Raikkonen's strategy was never going to work and Massa stayed out way too long)
2 Force India (Couldn't get either car in major contention)
1 Toro Rosso (Anonymous)

Bahrain
3 Nico Rosberg (Even i though his defense was too robust)
2 Daniel Riccardo (Dropped faster than a parachuter)
1 Mclaren pitstops (Took longer than the local schoolbus)

Spain
3 Charles Pic (He's become one of the more harder backmarkers to lap as Alonso found out here)
2 Mclaren Fuel issue ( Lewis would have won easily without it)
1 Red Bull Front Wings (To happen on both cars at a circuit that could have been drawn by RBR in the past is unacceptable)

Monaco
3 Lotus (2 pts for a team expected to score heavily is pathetic)
2 Bunsen Jetton (Couldn't even get past Kovalinen)
1 The Reverend (Had a weekend so rejectful it made Alex Yoong look good)

Canada
3 Schumacher's luck (Made Chris Amon look like Mr Lucky)
2 Bruno Senna (Obliterated by Maldonado)
1 Bunsen Jetton (16th while Hamilton won was easily Jetton's nadir of 2012)

Europe
3 Jean Eric Vergne (That move on Kovalinen was Ridiculous and he got rightfully punished)
2 Alternators (2 failure's on a componet that doesn't usually fail)
1 Mclaren race pace (It was godawful and unworthy of a podium place)

Britain
3 Nico Rosberg (Schumi showed him up wet or dry)
2 The British continent (Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish)
1 Sauber (As Brundle said in the sky commentary box they wasted a good car before Kobayashi decided to play skittles with the pit crew)

Germany
3 Force India (Passed left right and center by everyone else)
2 Romain Grosjean (Was crap all weekend round)
1 Sebastian Vettel (Did he really think he was going to get away with that move just because it was his home GP?)

Hungary
3 Sauber (From Heroes in Germany to Zeroes at Hungary)
2 Red Bull (Had no answer to Mclaren all weekend)
1 Michael Schumacher (When you produce a race weekend that makes Jean-Denis Deletraz look half decent you know you've had a shite day at the office)

Belgium
3 Heikki Kovalinen (Easily his least impressive weekend behind the wheel of a Caterham)
2 Pastor Maldonado (Just cause he didn't do anything really serious)
1 Romain Grosjean (That was disgraceful. Took out 2 title contenders and helped Sauber lose 5th in the WCC to Mercedes)

Italy
3 Kamui Kobayashi (While Perez scored a podium Kobayashi did absolutely nothing)
2 Force India race pace (Nowhere near their speed in qualy)
1 Red Bull (We knew Italy would be tough for them but not that bad)

Singapore
3 Michael Schumacher (I don't buy the excuse he gave)
2 Mark Webber (Totally shown up by Vettel all weekend)
1 Mclaren unreliability (Won't be included for Abu Dhabi because of a special nomination)

Japan
3 Vitaly Petrov (Drove like a clown for most of the weekend)
2 Romain Grosjean (No explanation needed)
1 Sergio Perez (First race since signing for Mclaren and he bins it)

Korea
3 Kamui Kobayashi (Japan Hero Korea Zero with a stupid mistake)
2 Korea in General (From Psy to the unwelcome guests this race won't be around much longer)
1 Mclaren (Shambolic performance all round with just 1 point scored)

India
3 Mercedes (Everything went downhill after qualifying)
2 Sauber (Both Drivers drove very recklessly)
1 Toro Rosso endplates (Sharper than a knife)

Abu Dhabi
3 Sergio Perez (You don't deserve a top drive yet but i think you know that already)
2 Jessica Ennis (To quote in a sky interview "Hamilton looks the best at the moment so i'll have to go with him" (For winning the race) You obviously forgot about Mclaren's pathetic reliability record Jess especially on L.Hamilton's car)
1 Mick Wibbah (If there's one area where Mark trounces Vettel it's in the Overtaking and wheel to wheel department. Here he drove like a rookie experiencing wheel to wheel combat for the first time with predictable results.)

USA
3 Daniel Riccardo (Out in Q1 and anonymous in the race)
2 Sebastian Vettel (The tantrums returned in style)
1 Mercedes (The nadir of their season by a mile)

Brazil
3 The stewards (No way did the Hulk deserve a penalty for that clash)
2 Williams (Both drivers crashed after only 4 laps)
1 Paul di Resta (Creamed by the Hulk and was godawful out there)
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

1991 US GP; The marshalls for not helping Mansell push his car out of the way, when he retired in the race?

IIRC even Murray Walker said something like "Mansell's getting a fat lot of help from the Marshalls". (sorry I can't find a you tube video of the incident to post here)

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Malaysia: Pedro Diniz: Did he really think he could drive that car with 3 wheels on his wagon? Wiped out a quarter of the back of the grid because of this.

Pedro thought if Gil de Ferran could do it at Indianapolis in 1995 that he could do it in Malaysia.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

1981 British GP; The stewards for this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn45t9V4S7k

(as one you tube comment stated "The lotus 86/88 chassis was banned for the last time on friday, then that black flag... in my opinion, someone there was trying to send a "message" to colin chapman")

And bear in mind that particular race had some tough competition for ROTR. Like the way De Cesaris appeared to panic & throw it into the wall here…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPbzJbDdi4E (the incident at 2:33).

Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Bleu wrote:ITA: Jean-Louis Schlesser for dismal showing although the crash with Senna was debatable.
I think that's a bit harsh, it was only his first start and 11th wasn't too bad.
Trump 2016
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:Malaysia: Pedro Diniz: Did he really think he could drive that car with 3 wheels on his wagon? Wiped out a quarter of the back of the grid because of this.

Pedro thought if Gil de Ferran could do it at Indianapolis in 1995 that he could do it in Malaysia.

Yeah, like that'd ever happen! :lol:

darkapprentice77 wrote:
Bleu wrote:ITA: Jean-Louis Schlesser for dismal showing although the crash with Senna was debatable.
I think that's a bit harsh, it was only his first start and 11th wasn't too bad.

First of all, Schlesser I believe had driven in F1 before way back in 1983, a mere 5 years before he climbed back into the cockpit of a F1 car. Yes, his showing was downright pathetic, but he shouldn't be given ROTR for being in a F1 car 5 years past his initial time. Although, Luca Badoer got ROTR in his first start in 10 years, so maybe Schlesser should be given it.

As for harshness, yeah, I agree with it being harsh.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Also, Schlesser helped to end the "McLaren perfect run" in that season. :lol:
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.