Giovanna Amati

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Londoner

Giovanna Amati

Post by Londoner »

I was researching female race drivers when I had a look at Amati's Wikipedia page. It appears that Amati might actually be 3 years older than everyone thought (born in 1959). This new DOB was apparently edited into the article back in November, and it has been sourced, so I don't know.

The source.

ESPN are also using the revised DOB.

Now, I wonder if Amati is another case (assuming she was actually born in 1959) where a lower-level driver has claimed to be a couple of years younger than they actually are in order to make themselves more attractive to teams. The most well-known case is the late Roland Ratzenberger (he'd often claim he was born in 1962 rather than 1960).

Very interesting indeed...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
f1-gast

Re: Giovanna Amati

Post by f1-gast »

If im correct Boy Haye did this back in the 70's !
But he actually didn't care a thing.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gilles Villeneuve also claimed he was younger than he was, by a year or two, I think.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wouldn't surprise me. But no sportsperson can possibly trump Taribo West for such shenanigans.

I do like how Indy stuck 'former AC Milan' player in the headline and very handily glossed over the fact it was Inter that brought him to Serie A to begin with :oops:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

East Londoner wrote:The source.

This source is extremely trustworthy in my opinion. And she wouldn't be the only one, as several others have already mentioned.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Divina_Galica

Post by Divina_Galica »

A woman lying about her age? Whatever next.....

DG (33 :roll: :roll: :roll: )
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

As we already have a Giovanna Amati thread here, I thought I would stick this post here. :D

Recently, I have been obtaining some old (depends what you mean by old) Autosports from the 1990s and I came across he following two articles from April 1992, while Ms Amati was a current, contemporary F1 driver (and therefore pre-Damon Hill!). I don't know how clearly these will appear on the forum, but I also have scanned these as PDFs, which I can email if requested. (Hope there won't be any copyright issues here?).

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
William Hunt

Post by William Hunt »

Wasn't she the girlfriend of Elio de Angelis back in the '80s?
I'm not completely sure but I believe they had a relationship for a while