Meeting Rejects

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Iracer

Meeting Rejects

Post by Iracer »

So has met anyone who would qualify as a reject?

Last week I bought a helmet visor off Kelvin Burt! That's about it for this year!

Although I shook the hand of Alan Mcnish last year

Plus I met with Mike Fairholme, who painted the arai helmets for all F1 drivers in the 90's and 00's

He very kindly helped me with my design which should be ready soon! Lovely bloke was great to chat with him.
AndreaModa

Re: Meeting Rejects

Post by AndreaModa »

Met with Chandhok a few years ago at uni, got a photo with him too somewhere, I think I posted it on here ages ago.

Speaking of which, there is a thread already with a whole host of stories about people meeting rejects. Is it called Reject Relations or something like that?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

You all want to meet some F1 Rejects, be at Battersea Park in June. That makes it a lot easier!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:You all want to meet some F1 Rejects, be at Battersea Park in June. That makes it a lot easier!

Dinizintheoven ought to know, he met me there a few months ago in Battersea Park!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dinizintheoven wrote:You all want to meet some F1 Rejects, be at Battersea Park in June. That makes it a lot easier!

Bruno Senna watched me walk out of a portaloo on the Saturday. I don't have anything else to say.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Meeting your hero's is always a disappoint or so they say.

Does meeting a reject mean you'll have an awesome experience?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Izzyeviel wrote:Meeting your hero's is always a disappoint or so they say.

The old site's motto was "A tribute to the heroic failures of F1". They're heroes to us! ;)

Not to say that meeting HWNSNBM (as Jamie and Enoch had the fortune of doing) would be disappointing...
#FreeGonzo
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I got the chance to meet my hero (Jim Hall, a reject as well!) at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2003 and fortunately I wasn't disappointed. Really nice man, very polite and very interesting.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Faustus wrote:

I got the chance to meet my hero (Jim Hall, a reject as well!) at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2003 and fortunately I wasn't disappointed. Really nice man, very polite and very interesting.

Actually, Jim has a 5th and a 6th place from his season with BRP, so he just about escapes reject status. Still, that must have been a great experience :)
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
Izzyeviel wrote:Meeting your heroes is always a disappointment or so they say.

The old site's motto was "A tribute to the heroic failures of F1". They're heroes to us! ;)

Not to say that meeting HWNSNBM (as Jamie and Enoch had the fortune of doing) would be disappointing...

I met Justin Wilson in the winter before the inaugural Formula Palmer Audi campaign. I became a supporter of his after that. The disappointment finally came a few days ago when I read news of the tragic news of his death.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Simtek wrote:
Faustus wrote:

Actually, Jim has a 5th and a 6th place from his season with BRP, so he just about escapes reject status. Still, that must have been a great experience :)

Oops, my mistake. I had it in my mind that he only had a 5th place. Still, it was an incredible experience to meet someone whose work I had admired for 15 years and was one of my 2 inspirations to get into motorsport.
formulanone

Post by formulanone »

I hasten to call him a "reject", but with just one championship point in F1, Derek Bell meets the criteria in terms Reject Status.

Met him at the 1989 IMSA Grand Prix of Miami, and he chatted with my father, brother, and I for about two minutes. He then set off to shake hands with a few other fans around the paddock. Nice guy, all smiles and genuinely happy to be racing in the sunshine within a glorious second-tier sports-prototype series.

Also, first post here. Been lurking about on rainy days and on the former site for about 15 years, thanks to the old 8W game...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Fair play! That's some serious time with the site! Welcome aboard! :)

At the Formula E testing I racked up a few more rejects, and almost-rejects -
- Piquet Jnr who may as well be a reject,
- Bruno Senna who is incredibly still a reject - I figured he must have un-rejectified himself whilst at Williams/Lotus but no!
- and Lucas Di Grassi

And I mentioned in the other thread but forgot in my post above, I've also clocked Gianmaria Bruni too.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_