The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
by Bobby Doorknobs 04 May 2018, 13:39
ATTENTION ANY ITALIAN SPEAKERS:

Our very own WaffleCat is writing a profile on the Tecno team that competed in F1 in 1972-73, which should hopefully make for fantastic reading. Through his research, he's found a very detailed Autosprint article from late-1971 about their then-upcoming F1 entry. The problem is it's in Italian, and we could really use someone with a good knowledge of the language to translate it: https://v8blog1971.files.wordpress.com/ ... 42s-8p.pdf

Naturally, we would be appreciative of any assistance. :)
by dinizintheoven 12 May 2018, 10:54
Where's Sunshine_Baby when we need her, eh?

My Italian, for the record, extends no further than ordering a table for two outside on the terrace. I won't understand any response.

James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
by dr-baker 12 May 2018, 12:50
dinizintheoven wrote:Where's Sunshine_Baby when we need her, eh?

My Italian, for the record, extends no further than ordering a table for two outside on the terrace. I won't understand any response.

The only drink I could order in Italian would be l'acquae minarale, thanks to Imola.

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
by novitopoli 13 Jul 2018, 08:19
Simtek wrote:ATTENTION ANY ITALIAN SPEAKERS:

Our very own WaffleCat is writing a profile on the Tecno team that competed in F1 in 1972-73, which should hopefully make for fantastic reading. Through his research, he's found a very detailed Autosprint article from late-1971 about their then-upcoming F1 entry. The problem is it's in Italian, and we could really use someone with a good knowledge of the language to translate it: https://v8blog1971.files.wordpress.com/ ... 42s-8p.pdf

Naturally, we would be appreciative of any assistance. :)


Sorry for the blatant necroposting.
As the forum's resident Italian, do y'all still need any help with that?

sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.


Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
by Bobby Doorknobs 14 Jul 2018, 14:49
novitopoli wrote:
Simtek wrote:ATTENTION ANY ITALIAN SPEAKERS:

Our very own WaffleCat is writing a profile on the Tecno team that competed in F1 in 1972-73, which should hopefully make for fantastic reading. Through his research, he's found a very detailed Autosprint article from late-1971 about their then-upcoming F1 entry. The problem is it's in Italian, and we could really use someone with a good knowledge of the language to translate it: https://v8blog1971.files.wordpress.com/ ... 42s-8p.pdf

Naturally, we would be appreciative of any assistance. :)


Sorry for the blatant necroposting.
As the forum's resident Italian, do y'all still need any help with that?

Well, better late than never. :deletraz:

Yeah, if you can find the time to do that, Novi, that would be awesome. :D
by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 19 Jul 2018, 21:17
I wonder if it would be possible to do a "Certain-number of the Best Rejects in the BTCC" List? After all, the BTCC is celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year and I can think of a few notable F1 Rejects who were successful in that series. Frank Gardner, Joachim Winkelhock, Gabriele Tarquini all became BTC Champions and the following all won BTCC races (Chris Craft, John Rhodes, Ivor Bueb, Tommy Bridger if F2-only entrants count, David Hobbs, Derek Bell and Harald Ertl shared a win, Gianfranco Brancatelli, Tiff Needell scored a shared win in 1989 and Julian Bailey).
by dr-baker 20 Jul 2018, 08:10
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to do a "Certain-number of the Best Rejects in the BTCC" List? After all, the BTCC is celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year and I can think of a few notable F1 Rejects who were successful in that series. Frank Gardner, Joachim Winkelhock, Gabriele Tarquini all became BTC Champions and the following all won BTCC races (Chris Craft, John Rhodes, Ivor Bueb, Tommy Bridger if F2-only entrants count, David Hobbs, Derek Bell and Harald Ertl shared a win, Gianfranco Brancatelli, Tiff Needell scored a shared win in 1989 and Julian Bailey).

Would like to see an honorary mention in that list for Roland Ratzenberger. And how Mansell had F1 success but not so well in getting results in BTCC...

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
by dinizintheoven 20 Jul 2018, 13:12
dr-baker wrote:Would like to see an honorary mention in that list for Roland Ratzenberger. And how Mansell had F1 success but not so well in getting results in BTCC...

...alongside a couple of one-off "before they were famous" drives by Damon Hill in 1989 and David Coulthard in 1990. Also, Colin McRae gave it a shot for a couple of races in 1992.

James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
by Londoner 20 Jul 2018, 21:08
dr-baker wrote:
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to do a "Certain-number of the Best Rejects in the BTCC" List? After all, the BTCC is celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year and I can think of a few notable F1 Rejects who were successful in that series. Frank Gardner, Joachim Winkelhock, Gabriele Tarquini all became BTC Champions and the following all won BTCC races (Chris Craft, John Rhodes, Ivor Bueb, Tommy Bridger if F2-only entrants count, David Hobbs, Derek Bell and Harald Ertl shared a win, Gianfranco Brancatelli, Tiff Needell scored a shared win in 1989 and Julian Bailey).

Would like to see an honorary mention in that list for Roland Ratzenberger. And how Mansell had F1 success but not so well in getting results in BTCC...


That'll be week-long bans for both of you then, ruining my surprise article for next Saturday. :pantano:

kevinbotz, discussing magnesium wrote:But it's so light and lovely, Tommy. Never mind that it effectively turned Grand Prix cars constructed out of it into incendiary bombs. :P
by Bobby Doorknobs 22 Jul 2018, 22:16
If this is happening, ten drivers wouldn't be anywhere near enough to do anybody any justice, especially for the BSCC era. I'd suggest a top 32 (believe me, it's doable).

(Also, this is in the wrong thread, but if I try to move the posts into the appropriate one, things might break...)
by Londoner 24 Jul 2018, 18:11
Simtek wrote:If this is happening, ten drivers wouldn't be anywhere near enough to do anybody any justice, especially for the BSCC era. I'd suggest a top 32 (believe me, it's doable).


...nope, we're having ten and that's final. Don't make me have to threaten you with a ban as well, Simtek. :pantano:

(I've already written the article, y'see...)

kevinbotz, discussing magnesium wrote:But it's so light and lovely, Tommy. Never mind that it effectively turned Grand Prix cars constructed out of it into incendiary bombs. :P
by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 26 Jul 2018, 20:47
East Londoner wrote:
Simtek wrote:If this is happening, ten drivers wouldn't be anywhere near enough to do anybody any justice, especially for the BSCC era. I'd suggest a top 32 (believe me, it's doable).


...nope, we're having ten and that's final. Don't make me have to threaten you with a ban as well, Simtek. :pantano:

(I've already written the article, y'see...)


I was not to know that.
by Ataxia 12 Apr 2019, 15:30
If you like podcasts, here's one with Ricardo Rosset - talking about the F3000, Arrows, Lola and Tyrrell days...

https://www.spreaker.com/user/10600217/ ... sode_title

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
by Nuppiz 26 Apr 2019, 19:44
So, uhh, if you ever need high-quality screencaps of any races from 1981 onwards, give me a holler. I've got F1 TV Access so I can watch all of the races since then in high-quality.

Bear in mind that even most of the official archive content is just one-hour highlights, but still you might catch a lucky break if there's, for example, a crash you want to see as properly as possible.

Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests