Ekström Racing

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ekström Racing

Post by novitopoli »

No, we're not talking about a current DTM driver. Here's yet another, too short-lived, foray into Formula 1.

That's pretty much everything I found about them. They were an (utterly unsuccessful) Swiss-based, Swedish-backed Formula 3000 team, supposed to debut in Formula 1 at the San Marino GP with a Motori Moderni-engined car. Ms. Ekström had contacted Mauro Baldi for a drive, but the Italian's sponsors refused to pay anything before seeing a ready-to-race car. That wasn't to happen. Apparently she tried to buy a couple of old RAM 03 chassis - after failing to secure either materials or sponsorship, she basically closed everything down overnight...only to come back again the following year, aiming to buy out some assets from Beatrice-Lola. She failed again.

Does anyone here have more infos about them?

EDIT: The woman apparently had at the time a professional and romantic relationship with Georg Paulin, a mysterious Swiss driver and businessman who notably try to buy out Pacific in 1995. In that occasion, he had already contacted former Formula Ford frontrunner Dave Coyne, whom he raced with in a "Geepee Argo" car in the 1992 500 km of Monza.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Ekström Racing

Post by CarloSpace »

I have a couple of old Vauhdin Maailma magazines from 1986 that mention the team. However, they are at my parents' so I can't access them at the moment. What I recall though, there wasn't much more if at all info than what you've got.
dr-baker

Re: Ekström Racing

Post by dr-baker »

novitopoli wrote:Does anyone here have more infos about them?.

I thought I had heard of this team on this forum before. And I had!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1385&p=37688&hilit=ekstrom#p37688

(Quite a few posts - keep going to f1-gast's post.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA